Athens Acropolis on our own

Preacherman46

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 12:04 PM, Preacherman46 said:

We went with a tour last year and didn't feel that we really had time to explore. How complicated or difficult is it to get transportation (prefer taxi) there and maybe then to Plaka and back to port? Thanks!

We set up a private tour of Athens with Athens Taxi Tours and it was one of the best excursions of our lifetime.  Our driver met us just outside the gate as soon as our ship allowed passengers to go ashore and he drove us straight to the Acropolis so we got there well before the crowds arrived  (The attached picture shows how few people were there at the time.)   The cost for our small group of other Cruise critic Shipmates was only 60 Euro per person which was just about he same as the Ship's Excursion for a vastly superior tour.  I HIGHLY recommend Athens Taxi Tours.

Rich 

P9140022.JPG

• 1 month later...

We did Acropolis on our own, kind of. We took the HOHO bus to meet our guided tour at the Acropolis bus station and from  there  a short walk. We went around 5:30 to avoid the crowds and try to get good lighting. After we were down we just kind of walked our way down the hill back to our hotel. I wished I would of done the Musuem when I was there. Maybe next time.