priceline hotel for Long Beach...HELP NEEDED!

jdfloyd

What area do you bid on? Has anyone done this? If so what were the results? Trying to book a room for June to sail on Carnival's Ecstasy. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe and Dianna

SENSATION
5/5-5/12 2002

S/S NORWAY
5/18-5/25 2003

Paradise
7/27-8/3 2003

I am staying at the Queen Mary in Sept before taking the Esctasy repositioning cruise. I got a price of 89 per night from Expedia. The hotel is right acrross the ier from the Carnval terminal. I think you can check in your lugage for the cruise at the carnival info desk in the hotel.

I bid on a 3* bid for Long Beach 3/20 before our Pride sailing & got the Hilton on Ocean Blvd. They gave us an upper floor with a King bed, very clean & comfortable. I bid $50 since it was Spring break but I've read on biddingfortravel that this hotel has accepted $37- $40 bids in the past. Overall we were happy with our accomodations. If you want a 4* in Long Beach, the Westin, Rennaisance and the Hyatt have been recently listed. I'd bid $50-$55 to get one of those. Good luck. All these hotels are a short 5-10 minute ride to the Long Beach port.

RellieA

oops..I was mistaken.The Long Beach Hilton was a 4* bid not a 3*.
Go to the Los Angeles suburbs sections & click on Long Beach to see the list of hotels. As of today, the Westin, Renaissance & Hilton are all 4* and the Hyatt is listed as a 3*. Most of these properites charge $8-&13 per day for parking so keep that in mind as well.
Good luck.

RellieA

Thanks for the info. We're flying into LA, then probably a shuttle (not carnival) to the hotel. Did the hotel thru priceline have shuttle service to the pier.

Thanks again!

Joe and Dianna

SENSATION
5/5-5/12 2002

S/S NORWAY
5/18-5/25 2003

Paradise
7/27-8/3 2003

I don't know if the LB hotels have shuttles to the port or not. I'd check their websites or call their 800 numbers.
We flew into LAX the day before our cruise & rented a car for sightseeing. The car rental @ Budget was $24(a fullsize).
We dropped it Sunday morning at the Budget on Ocean Blvd Long Beach (near the Westin) & Budget shuttled us over to the port.

RellieA

Archived