Going thru years of cruise paperwork with Princess

kywildcatfanone

My wife and I are building a house and we are packing to move, one of the things I have gone thru today is all of the paperwork we have saved from all our cruises. And for most of them, we apparently saved everything from patters, lotus spa brochures, to invites to Captains cocktail parties, to insurance papers, flight and taxi receipts, etc.  I ended up pitching everything except our cruise cards/medallions, figured I would save those, and also found a couple of sets of pins where  I guess we had achieved platinum and elite levels that I had forgotten about.

Anyone else done this, and what do you save?

• Like 2

We have sailed 21 times and discovered we had collected stuff from 17 of those cruises.  We have put all of the cruise related paper in 1 1/2" binders for each cruise.  They are displayed in one of our bookcases, sorted by date and destination of each cruise.  It's fun to go back and remanence...

We also use to save everything.  Several years ago, we tossed all the Patters.  Now we save the last one with the ship's log.  and our cards.   We have a huge pile of them.  Don't think we will save the medallions although we do have them from several cruises. 

• Like 1

I like to keep everything also.  Sometimes I go back to check on a specific tour that I took and may want to do again or if it was a private tour, it helps me get in touch with the tour guide if I am coming back to that port.

It is also nice to be able to read, again, about the Captain or Cruise Director if they are going to be on my new cruise.

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes, and it reminded me you don't get them anymore unless you ask for one.

Yes.  Two years ago I did not realize we did not get one until we got home..   The last two cruises they were delivered to our cabin , like always.   Maybe people complained.

Back in the dark ages they often gave sets of menus at the end of the cruise-Unlike today where there is set menu rotation, each day/date was on the menu-  I have a couple of sets of menus from early Lurline sailings to Hawaii that have art on the front and now sell on Ebay for big bucks. (Glad I saved those): there are some old P&O menus in the same box along with bar prices-Love the soda/coke at 6 pence. We also recently moved from one house to ??? (apartment and 3 storage units) so I can not tell where that box is but it did come with us 🙂

• Like 1

My DW did a purge of all of our saved cruise stuff a few months ago.  She put the Princess Patters, the Carnival and Royal Caribbean daily news things (Patter equivalent, sorry don't recall the names and not going to look now), cabin cards, and a few other items in a couple of large three ring binders.  She tossed the remainder of the other stuff that we had saved for who knows why.  Yes, it is fun to go back and remember.  

• Like 1

We have our cruise cards, the status pins, and I believe we have the certificates for crossing the equator and the arctic circle. I'm pretty sure my wife has that stuff in a drawer in one of her desks. I know the cards are there because that's the same drawer where she has the passports so I've seen the cards.

Some 35+ cruises, 6 different lines, now reading this wish I would have saved the cards!  I'm single, never married, thinking about moving to be near an older sister and her family in Iowa so I'm going through pictures, cruise things. 

Memories for me but not my family so I'm pitching a great deal.  I'm in my 70's, can't see my niece and 2 nephews wanting it.  I'm saving albums from Alaska, Panama Canal, Transatlantics, a New England cruise (left NYC 9/10/01), I can't keep everything.  I'm looking to get out from under my house, yard work, flower beds, I love it all, but an issue when one wants to be gone for several months.  Longest cruise I've taken is 30 days, would like to do 45 or so.

It is nice looking at all the photos, the memories, different ships, and how cruising has changed!

I through out all the Patters after my last move. I still have my cruise cards but they are not organized anywhere. I find them in various boxes when sorting through things. I became Elite when it was announced and never got a pin. I haven't kept any pins. I do try to keep logs.

I never got a pin either when I became Elite several years ago, I think.  I might have some older pins in my jewelry box, not sure.  On a cruise. I noticed a lady with pins on her lanyard, which was interesting.

Edited by susancruzs

6 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

I never got a pin either when I became Elite several years ago, I think.  I might have some older pins in my jewelry box, not sure.  On a cruise. I notice a lady with pins on her lanyard, which was interesting.

I have my Mom's pin for Circulo Del Comandante Club pin from the 80's.

We now save only Most Traveled Guest photos, the Patter if our photo is on the front and our key cards (haven’t yet sailed on a Medallion cruise). DH has put all the key cards on 4” binder rings. We’re up to four of them now, totally full. If I mention that we really need a new (fill in the blank) dishwasher, sofa, deck furniture, kitchen countertops, he loves to hold up a binder clip stuffed with key cards to silently point out where the money has gone. Like I’d forgotten or something. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We now save only Most Traveled Guest photos, the Patter if our photo is on the front and our key cards (haven’t yet sailed on a Medallion cruise). DH has put all the key cards on 4” binder rings. We’re up to four of them now, totally full. If I mention that we really need a new (fill in the blank) dishwasher, sofa, deck furniture, kitchen countertops, he loves to hold up a binder clip stuffed with key cards to silently point out where the money has gone. Like I’d forgotten or something. 🤪

Plus your blog...can't forget that.:classic_biggrin::classic_love:

• Like 2

I save the Patters, ship notices and final statement in a manila envelope for each cruise which is placed in a plastic file box.  I also save cruise cards and now medallions.  It really does not take up much space since they are in the plastic file box with a lid.  I finally am going to have to move to a new box however.  

On 2/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, rfkeith10 said:

We have sailed 21 times and discovered we had collected stuff from 17 of those cruises.  We have put all of the cruise related paper in 1 1/2" binders for each cruise.  They are displayed in one of our bookcases, sorted by date and destination of each cruise.  It's fun to go back and remanence...

I've done the same for the eight cruises I've taken.