Old threads no longer accessible?

If you can remember some keywords, do a Google search. I've often tracked down old posts that way. Include site:cruisecritic.com to restrict results to Cruise Critic.

Here's one example: 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1

During the October 2018 change from the old vBulletin software to the new Invision software many old threads were archived or removed.

Any further questions about the situation please email the Community Manager LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your user name.

Actually, at this time your earliest post still showing was Posted June 22, 2010. Click your user name Alsmez. Next, click See my activity. Then under All Activity click Posts for 36 pages of your posts.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I just went looking for a thread that I posted a couple of years ago as a reference point for someone and discovered that all my posts prior to March 2019 have gone. I now only have 40 pages of posts. Why has this happened and is there any way of getting back to them. I have trawled through this thread but cannot find an answer anywhere.

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Hi,

I just went looking for a thread that I posted a couple of years ago as a reference point for someone and discovered that all my posts prior to March 2019 have gone. I now only have 40 pages of posts. Why has this happened and is there any way of getting back to them. I have trawled through this thread but cannot find an answer anywhere.

if you select topics or posts when looking at your activity, you should see more than the 40 pages

On 11/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

if you select topics or posts when looking at your activity, you should see more than the 40 pages

Thanks for your response, I later found that I could page through the threads on the SIlverSea board and eventually get to what I wanted, but using the search function wouldn’t find what I was looking for and the info in my profile section only shows the last 40 pages of posts. Why is this?