Carnival Hub App

Luckysll

I downloaded the Carnival Hub app on my iPad, but this is what I get.   I’ve tried two or three times and it’s always the same.  Just this on the screen and I can’t get anything to work.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Thanks for any help.

2F56A1D6-027E-40AC-AED8-9D8552171BA7.png

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Have you tried this:

"This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad."

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/carnival-hub/id925117977

Hope that helps

Thanks. That’s the one I’ve been trying.  It downloads fine, I just get the screen and nothing works.  I have a long time until my cruise. I’ll wait and try closer to the date.

Edited by Luckysll

7 minutes ago, Luckysll said:

Thanks. That’s the one I’ve been trying.  It downloads fine, I just get the screen and nothing works.  I have a long time until my cruise. I’ll wait and try closer to the date.

Maybe one of our techno-wizards will come along here shortly, and offer you better insight. Have a great cruise! 

Do you know what version of iOS your iPad is running? One thought is that you have an old version that isn't compatible with the Hub app. The app developer released an update yesterday. It's also possible that there's a bug that's causing what you see. It's not uncommon from updates that are designed to fix bugs to have bugs of their own. Hopefully that's not it because it'd take another update to fix that bug and the developer of the Hub app doesn't release updates very often. Do you happen to have an iPhone? If you do, test it out on that. You can try uninstalling it, rebooting your iPad, then installing it again. If that doesn't help, you don't have much choice but to delete it from you iPad, give it some time, and try again later. You're not missing much now because until you get on the ship, about all it's good for is a countdown clock.

Thanks for the replies.  I checked my iPad and it is updated to what the App requires.  I'll see if it downloads on my phone, but I don't usually use my phone while on a cruise.  Prefer my iPad.  Hopefully, it will eventually work.  If not, guess I'll have to stick with the paper Fun Times.

Let us know how it goes. It's working fine on my iPhone (as the countdown clock). If I had to put money on it, I'd say their recent update contains a major bug for iPad users affecting how it appears on the bigger screen.

Most apps have a link on their App Store listing to report a problem to the developer, but I didn't see one for this. There's an "App Support" link, but all that does is take you to the app page on Carnival's website, and I didn't see a way to report a problem there either. You could submit an app review in the App Store and describe the problem. Sometimes developers read those.

The app is one of my biggest gripes.  Constantly crashes, messages are delivered and easy functionally isn’t added.  In a time and culture where apps are a priority its amazing they are ignoring it.  Seems they are letting it go to the scrap yard as they implement the smart bands but an app will still be needed.  

3 hours ago, boomhower said:

The app is one of my biggest gripes.  Constantly crashes, messages are delivered and easy functionally isn’t added.  In a time and culture where apps are a priority its amazing they are ignoring it.  Seems they are letting it go to the scrap yard as they implement the smart bands but an app will still be needed.  

The app does have problems. A week after my last cruise I got notifications that the show was about to start and a few more I had marked as favorite. LOL 

UN-install the App.

Make sure your Operating System is up to date.
If not, update the OS.
Turn the machine OFF. I mean OFF, not sleep.

Restart the machine.
Re-install the App.
If you still get that problem, visit your nearest iShop.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

This might sound dumb, but did you try restarting your device?

I'm amazed how many times an app will act "wonky"

but if I do a restart, things magically work.

It constantly amazes me how many people

haven't restarted their devices/phone/iPad/computer

in weeks or even months!

They think it's a magic device that'll just work forever and ever, Amen.
Re-Starts are a complete REBIRTH. Try it some time!

• Like 1

I had some difficulty logging on once I was on the ship, and wasn't sure I'd even be able to use it.  Didn't understand how it worked without buying an internet pkg.  Didn't try it out before I boarded.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I thought maybe it was because I had an interior cabin.  I took it to a public area and experienced the same thing.  It kept asking me for my boarding date, but wouldn't allow me to go back, only put in the current date which didn't match my booking #.   I shut the phone off in disgust.  Someone nearby asked me what the problem was and I told her.  She told me it should be asking for my name and cabin #.  I turned the phone back on and voila, it responded and I was good to go.  

I enjoyed having it and being able to check my onboard account, menus, and hours of different venues.

• Like 1