Cruise Critic Community
chirurgeon

A Couple Millennium Questions

I’m booked in cabin 8047 for an Alaska cruise this summer. I have since heard there is a partial obstruction of the view, has anyone been in this cabin? 

Also, are there electrical outlets by the beds. I use a CPAP and would prefer NOT to run an extension cord across the floor like I’ve had to do on other ships.

Outlets are unfortunately at the desk on the opposite wall from the bed. And yes there is partial obstructed view from the window cleaning machine that is often parked there.

Contact special needs prior to your cruise and request an extension cord and distilled water.  Both will be provided for you and coordinated by your steward

I was on the Millie in Sept and also have a CPAP machine. There is an outlet on one side of the bed. It’s on the right side of the bed if you are looking at the bed. I sleep on the left so my cabin steward ran the cord under the bed and up to the plug. I appreciated that. Usually they just give you the extension cord. Be sure to request the distilled water and cord in advance.

The obstruction is the window washing machine -  No outlet next to bed but just ask the cabin attendant for an extension cord and will be delivered quickly.

CelCon804-59557-1536672742.jpg

Millennium has been revolutionized.  There I now a USA power outlet next to the bed. It is located at the base of a table lamp that is on the nightstand.  Attached is a pic I took from a stateroom on Mille last May.

2E4B69CF-D02A-433C-A442-B247E8A056F8.jpeg

@Gimpy McFarlan Is that the AQ room.   Looks like it is identical to the Summit.    Why they took out the Sofa and put in that chair and no table was a real disappointment.   I hear they may have added a table

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@Gimpy McFarlan Is that the AQ room.

Affirmative!  That was AQ 9085.  We were in AQ 9102 on the second half of the Alaska B2B and the setup in that room was identical.  We did not mind losing the sofa.  When we are in the room my wife prefers to relax in bed so I was the only one who used the oversized chair.  Having a table would have been nice but it was also convenient to not worry about running into it.  If we have room service delivered we always have it on the veranda so losing the table was not critical.

Thank you all. 

Aqua class cabins now have a small table in front of the chair. We moved ours into the space between the chair and nightstand, gave us more floor space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums