Sistahs Cruise: Bliss NY to Bahamas, Feb 23-March 1

Greenpea2

I’m a little confused because I thought Margaritaville was gone, replaced by American Diner. Not so on the Bliss. Yet, at least. That’s a happy thing because we wanted to try a margarita there. So yes, Haven lunch was FR. Very pared down menu, but tasty indeed. Sistah grooved on the California rolls. 

monica at the Haven bar is a new BF. Made a great spicy drink, based on a couple of things I wanted: Patron silver, spicy, not real sweet. 

muster about to start. Will check I. Later. 

• Like 6

Enjoying your posts.  We r sailing her next week.  But best friend and her mom are in haven with you this week.  If you see Linda and Eli in the courtyard playing cards, please tell them Beth says hi.  It will freak them out lol.  Have a wonderful time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Settling in....let's do this sistah!

We NEED to see drinks, food, speedos, and (most importantly) sleepers.....don't let us down now!

I forget, what kind of Haven room did you end up in?

The 2 bedroom courtyard suite. 

• Like 2

Leaving now. Can’t post any pics now. 

random thoughts: This ship is huge. I’m exhausted. We have gotten lost so many times already. The elevators were a nightmare before and after muster  but I guess that should be expected. There are a ton of kids on this sailing and quite a few in the Haven. That is not a problem. 

there is a problem, though, with any number of kids here in the Haven adults only sun deck. From infants to about 13. One in the hot tub. Does not bode well!

gorgeous day and sail away. 

dinner at Le Bistro tonight. 

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

there is a problem, though, with any number of kids here in the Haven adults only sun deck. From infants to about 13. One in the hot tub. Does not bode well!

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if they will enforce the rules eventually. Keep us updated!

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

So yes, Haven lunch was FR. Very pared down menu, but tasty indeed. Sistah grooved on the California rolls. 

Do you remember what else was on the pared down menu? You didn't happen to grab a pic, did you? Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Leaving now. Can’t post any pics now. 

random thoughts: This ship is huge. I’m exhausted. We have gotten lost so many times already. The elevators were a nightmare before and after muster  but I guess that should be expected. There are a ton of kids on this sailing and quite a few in the Haven. That is not a problem. 

gorgeous day and sail away. 

dinner at Le Bistro tonight. 

OH HELL NO! Kids on the sundeck is a big no-no. You know me - I ALWAYS sail with 2 kids (one of which is always pax 2 and pays full adult fare). They should absolutely NOT be in adult only areas. Even in Haven areas where they ARE allowed, my two know 100% that it best behaviour/inside voice/seen and not heard....folks pay a lot of money for Haven. They need to uphold the rules. Hoping this is just because it's day 1 and from here on it will be enforced....

AFT elevators are 100% better so wherever possible take those. Makes it easy if you spend most of your time at District Brew House...lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if they will enforce the rules eventually. Keep us updated!

I am thinking (hoping) it was just due to it being sail away. I really hope that is true because all afternoon and even into the evening, the courtyard pool and hot tub were filled with kids. I have been in the Haven three times and have never seen so many of them! They seemed well behaved and there were parents around. But you know kids—it was pretty loud and boisterous and most seating was taken and no room in pool or hot tub. Plus probably 7 kids on the adult sundeck. 

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Do you remember what else was on the pared down menu? You didn't happen to grab a pic, did you? Thanks!

I should have taken a picture! Sorry about that. There were about 3-4 things as appetizers and 3-4 things as entree choices. There was the California rolls (6-8 of them, a good amount), French fries with a bunch of stuff on them like guacamole, crumbled cheese, pulled pork (very little pork, more of an accent item), and I had Korean sweet fried chicken on rice. A lot of that as well. The chicken was very good but two pieces were kind of hard. The rest was tender. We also had some whole peppers in batter that were fried. Those were the best!

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

PLEASE post pics. That's what I'm considering next. LOVED the aft penthouse but thinking of the 2 bedroom for the next one!

I will. It’s been difficult to post pics so I am a bit behind. The 2 bedroom is really lovely. My sister had the option of sharing the master bedroom with me or taking the little bedroom. She wanted her own space and claims she is fine with the single bed. I thought that bed became more than a single, but nope. So she has her own bathroom and closet and tv, etc. I wish that second room had a safe because we both have a bunch of stuff like way too much jewelry, wallets etc and it won’t really fit in the one safe in the master bedroom. The safe is smaller than I remember actually.

if you do get a 2-bedroom, the balconies on the 17th deck farthest forward (starboard and port) are bigger and run along from the living room across the bathroom. That part is narrow but it is cool to have that space. The others on deck 17 may be the same, I’m not sure. But I do know the ones on 18 are not like that. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LizzieTrowbridge said:

I am following along and enjoying every post because I am taking my sister on the Bliss at the end of March and can't wait! Would love to see the Freestyle Dailies if you have a chance to take pictures of them 🙂

I will probably need to post dailies after I get back. Real PITA trying to post too many photos and the dailies are pretty detailed. 

there seem to be a number of “sistahs” duos in the Haven! Lol. Right next door is another set as well as two more we ran into. We sistahs know how to cruise I guess!

• Like 3

She wanted her own space and claims she is fine with the single bed. I thought that bed became more than a single, but nope

Is the bed in the 2nd bedroom actually a bed or a sofa that they make into a bed? Is it comfortable at all?

I have not seen Will. Monica and Guerrmo (spelling?) only so far. I will keep an eye out for him. 

He had plans to go home may still be in China. Hope he isn't stuck there. Is there a female named Alex on the haven  bar there?

Sorry to hear about all the kids there. School vacation week. We sailed Thanksgiving week and there were a ton of kids.

• Like 1