Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Greenpea2

Sistahs Cruise: Bliss NY to Bahamas, Feb 23-March 1

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I am thinking (hoping) it was just due to it being sail away. I really hope that is true because all afternoon and even into the evening, the courtyard pool and hot tub were filled with kids. I have been in the Haven three times and have never seen so many of them! They seemed well behaved and there were parents around. But you know kids—it was pretty loud and boisterous and most seating was taken and no room in pool or hot tub. Plus probably 7 kids on the adult sundeck. 

 

 

Hmmm...so kids are allowed in the coutryard (my two are still BEST behaviour in there) but not ok with sundeck. If you see it tomorrow, make sure you let staff know. It could be that parents aren't aware of the rules (benefit of the doubt) and just need someone to let them know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tomservo said:

 

Is the bed in the 2nd bedroom actually a bed or a sofa that they make into a bed? Is it comfortable at all?

She says it is. There is one issue—there is about a 5” strip of it right along the wall that is lower then the rest so she kept rolling into it. She is going to line up a row of pillows along the wall so that stops. Otherwise, she says it is comfortable. But says if the pillows don’t work she will sleep on the big bed with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

PLEASE post pics. That's what I'm considering next. LOVED the aft penthouse but thinking of the 2 bedroom for the next one!

Once our wonderful steward Jenny makes it perfect again I will take pics. Our Butler is awesome too. Lazaro is his name. Patrick is the Concierge but never introduced himself and I can’t read name tags so don’t know if it was him, but someone at the desk helped us change tonight’s dinner Rez. 

Edited by Greenpea2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hmmm...so kids are allowed in the coutryard (my two are still BEST behaviour in there) but not ok with sundeck. If you see it tomorrow, make sure you let staff know. It could be that parents aren't aware of the rules (benefit of the doubt) and just need someone to let them know.

 

 

So far today or last I looked the Haven sundeck is closed due to wind. But this is what you can’t miss when you enter...

 

D63A6B4E-52C7-4ECB-A9DD-1316F0DA2EAE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so now I will try posting some pics. First up the Haven courtyard last night once the kiddies were in bed. Ahhhh... 🙂

 

CBF2CBA2-D360-4927-89B0-47966089C583.jpeg

47ED402A-4066-4A0C-8B9E-CE8A735D6AF9.jpeg

86B0C876-89DC-4CEF-9A4E-E877C3D3C10E.jpeg

D6C0F9BE-CAA4-4F2F-BD1A-A6A36AAE0A36.jpeg

FF6AE74F-E609-44DD-80CA-943368950CEC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misc stuff:

Guerramo at the Haven bar perked right up when he found out we have the super duper beverage package. He went through all the stuff in the “special” part of the bar that we can have. He claimed we could have the Veuve Clicqot (spelling?!) by the bottle not just by the glass. I told him I don’t think that is correct. He said it is. We asked at Le Bistro and they said no, as I thought. So we had two glasses each at dinner and yum. If we want a bottle we will go to G at the Haven bar I guess!

 

When we arrived our suite reeked of sewage. It was gross. We left for awhile hoping it was a NY Pier thing. Nope. So spoke to Lazaro and left again. When we returned Jennifer and the Head if housekeeping were there. The smell was gone and they were so nice, gave me their cards etc. 

 

sister is back from walking and is yakking and expecting me to pay attention. Which sometimes I do but not always. She talks a lot and loudly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

So far today or last I looked the Haven sundeck is closed due to wind. But this is what you can’t miss when you enter...

 

D63A6B4E-52C7-4ECB-A9DD-1316F0DA2EAE.jpeg

LOL - yeah, that's pretty clear! Keep us posted on this....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LizzieTrowbridge said:

Greenpea, what deck do you board Bliss in NYC for embarkation?

Yikes. No idea! I just followed the rest of the Haven herd. Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, mopedmom1 said:

I think a nice big glass of Vitamin C and vodka is needed. Have fun and don't do anything deedle wouldn't do! 😉

 

So pretty much do what you want. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in. The weather today has not cooperated. Drizzly and grey but not windy and smooth sailing so really can’t complain. I somehow missed the fact that we don’t arrive in Port Canaveral until 1:00 pm tomorrow. And don’t leave there until 9 pm! Isn’t that unusual? The other Bahamas cruises we have taken we arrived in the morning and left while still light. But that was a few years ago...

 

we decided to cancel our ressies for Six tonight and move that to Wednesday. With the cocktail party and a late dinner at La Cucina tonight it was hard to want to go to the 10:30 pm show. What the heck was I thinking! 😝 

 

I have been bad about posting food. Yesterday I forgot. Today, breakfast went south so no pics of that (a tale for another time). Lunch ended up being a handful of bar mix and a BLT room serviced by the ever pleasant Lazero. But I will try and do better at dinner! 
 

soon sister and I will be toiling and muttering white magic chants trying to get gussied up for the cocktail party with der Captain. In other words trying not to look tired and As old as we are. 

Edited by Greenpea2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, deedle7544 said:

Have a great time! And remember you’ve got to add to the worst picture competition! 
 

#tribe

I saw one contender in the observation lounge. A sleeper with a blanket on a couch. I just couldn’t take a picture. There were a lot of people in the lounge plus he opened his eyes and looked at me. Clearly I would not be too successful as a papparazzi. My sister saw something way worse at a hot tub in the main pool area. I didn’t even see it and I can not mentally unsee it. Let’s just say it was something large in a too small one piece article of clothing stepping into a hot tub and it involves body parts and stuff that should be tucked out of the way being in plain sight. You are welcome. Hoping to unload that onto someone else. Did it work?

 

p.S. she did not take a picture either. Paparazzi leanings are not in our blood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Checking in. The weather today has not cooperated. Drizzly and grey but not windy and smooth sailing so really can’t complain. I somehow missed the fact that we don’t arrive in Port Canaveral until 1:00 pm tomorrow. And don’t leave there until 9 pm! Isn’t that unusual? The other Bahamas cruises we have taken we arrived in the morning and left while still light. But that was a few years ago...

 

we decided to cancel our ressies for Six tonight and move that to Wednesday. With the cocktail party and a late dinner at La Cucina tonight it was hard to want to go to the 10:30 pm show. What the heck was I thinking! 😝 

 

I have been bad about posting food. Yesterday I forgot. Today, breakfast went south so no pics of that (a tale for another time). Lunch ended up being a handful of bar mix and a BLT room serviced by the ever pleasant Lazero. But I will try and do better at dinner! 
 

soon sister and I will be toiling and muttering white magic chants trying to get gussied up for the cocktail party with der Captain. In other words trying not to look tired and As old as we are. 

I am cruising when u return!   Following along with u>  By the way Ive always gone to PC 1-9pm with NCL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when said offenders (aka winning picture potential) are around, simply have sistah wander over and take her picture. I can not be blamed if sistah is not actually in the pic....

 

Must I teach you people everything?  Ok not Sid, he could teach all of us. But I can stalK!

 

2 hours ago, mkcurran said:

 

So pretty much do what you want. 😉

Truth. Ask for forgiveness, not permission. Words to live by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

soon sister and I will be toiling and muttering white magic chants trying to get gussied up for the cocktail party with der Captain. In other words trying not to look tired and As old as we are. 

 

Have Patrick, the Concierge, take a picture with you and the Captain and his senior officers.  Patrick takes great pictures.  Tell him Victor and Nancy recommended him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Misc stuff:

Guerramo at the Haven bar perked right up when he found out we have the super duper beverage package. He went through all the stuff in the “special” part of the bar that we can have. He claimed we could have the Veuve Clicqot (spelling?!) by the bottle not just by the glass. I told him I don’t think that is correct. He said it is. We asked at Le Bistro and they said no, as I thought. So we had two glasses each at dinner and yum. If we want a bottle we will go to G at the Haven bar I guess!....

 

I have read some other reviews where people have been able to get full bottles of that stuff in the dining rooms if they have that super duper package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...