Move Up Offer Question

BridgeMates

5 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

First time we've made a bid.  Will we keep all the perks we got on our original booking if our Move Up offer is accepted?  Pretty sure I understand we will but thought I'd ask just to be sure!  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

First time we've made a bid.  Will we keep all the perks we got on our original booking if our Move Up offer is accepted?  Pretty sure I understand we will but thought I'd ask just to be sure!  Thanks.

Yes. Your original reservation terms are unchanged. Only your cabin is effected. Captain's Club points awarded per your original cabin.

50 minutes ago, cherrypop said:

So if you win a bid to a suite can you go to Michaels Lounge and the special restaurants they are able to use?  

Yes,  you can go to the Retreat areas,  Luminae the suite restaurant,  and have all the benefits of having a suite except for the points.  You only have the points of your original cabin.   And you have the perks of your original cabin agreement.   

Edited by Cruizen Susan

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Definitely worth it if you get upgraded.    The only problem is if you win a suite it is hard to go back to a regular room.

That's my fear! We grabbed a suite on one of the crazy cheap new Millennium sailings the day they were released. We have (had?) an almost identical itinerary booked for September in an obstructed balcony with only three perks for more than the suite price with 4 perks we got.

If we manage to get one of the spots on the firefighter cruises, it will help soften the blow of the downgrade, of course. Hubby recently retired after 40 years in the fire service, and I don't know if he will be considered eligible. 

Actually, I know that we are incredibly fortunate to be able to cruise at all, so I'm sure we will be just fine cruising in any cabin in the future... still, I imagine we will fully enjoy what will likely be our only suite experience.