Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
AandBmom

Mazatlan detailed list of suggestions.....

Mazatlan: I highly suggest Stone Island, we all loved it. We've been there on 4 or so cruises and have taken others there. They have all loved it. Hang out at Lety's (Victor's used to be the spot, but word is that he's no longer open, he comes and goes). At Stone, you can do a lot of water sports and ATV. ATV's here are cheap, and you can ride all over the beach! Waiters at Lety's can hook you up. You can also do a banana boat here, jet ski, parasail, etc.! Very active place and also a great place to chill. Food is the BOMB and cheap!!! Head back to the ship an hour or so early and hang out at the bars by the ship or shop!

On 2/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, klfhngr said:

Mazatlan: I highly suggest Stone Island, we all loved it. We've been there on 4 or so cruises and have taken others there. They have all loved it. Hang out at Lety's (Victor's used to be the spot, but word is that he's no longer open, he comes and goes). At Stone, you can do a lot of water sports and ATV. ATV's here are cheap, and you can ride all over the beach! Waiters at Lety's can hook you up. You can also do a banana boat here, jet ski, parasail, etc.! Very active place and also a great place to chill. Food is the BOMB and cheap!!! Head back to the ship an hour or so early and hang out at the bars by the ship or shop!

Thanks klfhngr, we are excited to check out Stone Island for the first time in April.  Do you suggest we bring a bunch of smaller US bills or should we get Pesos to pay for the activities on Stone Island?

17 hours ago, True Romance said:

Thanks klfhngr, we are excited to check out Stone Island for the first time in April.  Do you suggest we bring a bunch of smaller US bills or should we get Pesos to pay for the activities on Stone Island?

US Bills will work but we usually get Pesos ahead of time. Sometimes you get a better exchange rate and also I think they appreciate getting Pesos ( especially the vendors) 

23 hours ago, True Romance said:

My pleasure... I really hope you enjoy it. Like I said, we've taken more and more people there, and they all loved it and end up going back. For us, there's not really a lot to do in MZ. So we stick to Stone Island. On the last cruise, we jumped on a cab after and headed to a shrimp/bar place. Then from there, back to the dock area for some shopping and some people watching with one final beer.

Either, or. I prefer dollars, and they appreciate them more too, lol! I like to take $2 bills.. On all our travels. For some reason, they all love them. But on Stone, either will work. And walk there! No need to take a cab!