Voyager/Navigator deck 11 front facing balconies

drstats

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to get info from someone who has been in one of the new front facing balconies (1100, 1102, 1104, 1150, 1152) that were added when Navigator and Voyager were amped. I've been able to find videos online for the new junior suites on 11, but nothing showing the balconies in the very front. It looks like the balcony is extra deep and can accommodate lounge chairs, but my travel companion is very worried about the plexiglass wind screens. I was hoping someone might have been in one to give some feedback.

amy

These are from a video during the Navigator dry dock.  I had one booked but based on the video I went with a side facing balcony.

661679063_Navigatorforwardbalcony2.thumb.jpeg.5305db58c0e70bbdcddd21f08183f966.jpeg

1862946989_Navigatorforwardbalcony3.thumb.jpeg.c0a343dfffd64157f605d87291ce732d.jpeg

Also keep in mind the entire balcony is exposed to the Panoramic suites one deck above.  There is very little privacy.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

Princess ships (some) have forward facing balconies without the windscreen.  I've often wondered how windy those get at sea.  

We have had forward facing balconies three times on Princess ships.  Twice we've had one that was in the middle (with cabins on both sides). Absolutely no issue with wind on those, and sailed once in Alaska and once in the Caribbean.

Had a corner forward facing balcony on Regal Princess once and the balcony was unusable due to (I think) windbreaks (a/k/a balcony dividers) on only one side.

We were Royal up'd to 1106 last fall. The balcony was big enough for us and 100 friends.

The suites were NOT the JS's we've become accustomed to. The bathrooms were small and there was no walk in closet. 

1106.jpeg

Edited by CraigG

I have to say though, the strangest part of this suite was the 360 degree camera perched right outside our balcony window. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a RCCL diamond and rank the Navigator as one of my favorite ships. 

Buyer beware when it comes to these converted suites. 1106a.jpeg.99d9ff3c368091dd479f09fa8b2b936f.jpeg

6 hours ago, twangster said:

These are from a video during the Navigator dry dock.  I had one booked but based on the video I went with a side facing balcony.

661679063_Navigatorforwardbalcony2.thumb.jpeg.5305db58c0e70bbdcddd21f08183f966.jpeg

1862946989_Navigatorforwardbalcony3.thumb.jpeg.c0a343dfffd64157f605d87291ce732d.jpeg

Also keep in mind the entire balcony is exposed to the Panoramic suites one deck above.  There is very little privacy.

Thanks,  these pictures are really helpful.  Maybe we will be happier over on the side