Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
richwmn

Navigator App

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App and found something interesting. If you tap "more" at the bottom right, then "my account", then "bookings" you will see your complete history with HAL.  At the bottom of each entry there is a link "VIEW STATEMENT'. This will bring up your on board account for that cruise.  Mine has a bunch missing, but most are there. It was interesting to see how much I spent on each of my early cruises.

Rich

15 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App and found something interesting. If you tap "more" at the bottom right, then "my account", then "bookings" you will see your complete history with HAL.  At the bottom of each entry there is a link "VIEW STATEMENT'. This will bring up your on board account for that cruise.  Mine has a bunch missing, but most are there. It was interesting to see how much I spent on each of my early cruises.

Rich

Now that’s interesting, Rich

I know what I spend (and it’s too much) but I’m going to take a look.

thanks for the added insight 🙂 

It was fun to look back, and see how better I have gotten at getting OBC. 1st Cruise $140, upcoming Cruise $1,550.  Thanks  for pointing this out.

18 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

It was fun to look back, and see how better I have gotten at getting OBC. 1st Cruise $140, upcoming Cruise $1,550.  Thanks  for pointing this out.

I saw that as well!

The ones I'd be most interested in seeing, our first five, are all missing.  🙁

On 2/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, richwmn said:

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App

Where do you find this app? I remember reading about it quite awhile ago and forgot about it because I thought you could only use it on the ship. Is it something you can use at home? Thanks for any info. 🙂

13 minutes ago, PSR said:

Where do you find this app? I remember reading about it quite awhile ago and forgot about it because I thought you could only use it on the ship. Is it something you can use at home? Thanks for any info. 🙂

On Android it is available in the Play Store, just search for Holland America Line and select Navigator. I believe it is the same on Apple, but I don't have one.

Yes, although it is mostly for use on the ship there are functions available for use at home. When the app first comes up it shows you a countdown to your next scheduled cruise. It also shows your cruise history as mentioned. Seems like a couple more things, but I don't recall right off.

Enjoy

Thanks Rich, just put it on my phone! Like others, my earliest bookings' statements don't show, the latest are all in the last 10 years.

36 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Rich, just put it on my phone! Like others, my earliest bookings' statements don't show, the latest are all in the last 10 years.

For mine, about half of my cruises from 2000 - 2007 show up, from 2008 forward they all seem to exist.

16 minutes ago, richwmn said:

For mine, about half of my cruises from 2000 - 2007 show up, from 2008 forward they all seem to exist.

All mine are there.  But, then, we only started cruising (at all) in 2008.  First HAL cruise was 2009.

My most recent statement (got off Feb 1) wasn't available, but the others were. Thanks!

Mine are all there but I had to update the app so I could get the "view statement" function.

Edited by I like vacation
add info

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

On Android it is available in the Play Store, just search for Holland America Line and select Navigator. I believe it is the same on Apple, but I don't have one.

Yes, although it is mostly for use on the ship there are functions available for use at home. When the app first comes up it shows you a countdown to your next scheduled cruise. It also shows your cruise history as mentioned. Seems like a couple more things, but I don't recall right off.

Enjoy

Thanks for the info! Just read your post...I have Apple-will try to get the app.

9 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

My most recent statement (got off Feb 1) wasn't available, but the others were. Thanks!

Likewise, we debarked on 21st January and our statement for that cruise is not showing.  

My first HAL cruise, I see, had a last minute minibar charge that I'm suspicious of. Probably too late to address, as it's 2011, and the Westerdam!

Another useful thing on the app is the cruise mapper, which shows the positions of HAL's ships and I use to tell at a glance if the Westerdam's left Cambodia (it had not).

Edited by Wehwalt

Interesting. The only thing the app will show me is the general HAL info and cruise mapper.  No countdown or history, etc.  All say will be available on board. 

17 minutes ago, tamsno said:

No countdown or history, etc. 

Android or Apple? Recently downloaded or old?

On 2/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, richwmn said:

Rich

Good morning Rich!!! (From San Diego)

Thank you for giving the information!!

Both DH and I downloaded on our I Phones👍 A lot of good info. This is so much better than the app we had in 2018

in South America!

GOOD CALL RICH! 
Denise😊

Apple.  Even updated just now.. September Zuiderdam cruise would only show my daily statement (of course). No other functions. Even with front desk help (two different people) it consistently said no one with my name or birthdate on board!  However, January on NS all worked fine but never tried history. 

Thank you for this information!  I used the app on our last cruise June 2019 but had to update it just now to get all the information you mentioned.  Much better than getting on the website each time I want to look something up.