Majesty late into port, refunds on ticket changes?

dlwfarm

Our ship the majesty of the seas was late into port in New Orleans and they said they will give up to $200 a person for ticket changes.   American Airlines wouldn’t let me change my ticket or paid for a change a sit was a web ticket.  I didn’t have insurance.  So I bought new tickets to get back home for more than $500 a person.  Now rccl is saying that American said they honored the tickets and allowed changes so they are paying anything for our tickets.  Anyone else having problems, or was successfully reimbursed?  Thanks, mary

11 minutes ago, dlwfarm said:

Our ship the majesty of the seas was late into port in New Orleans and they said they will give up to $200 a person for ticket changes.   American Airlines wouldn’t let me change my ticket or paid for a change a sit was a web ticket.  I didn’t have insurance.  So I bought new tickets to get back home for more than $500 a person.  Now rccl is saying that American said they honored the tickets and allowed changes so they are paying anything for our tickets.  Anyone else having problems, or was successfully reimbursed?  Thanks, mary

What is a “web” ticket?.  Sounds like you purchased basic economy ticket.  With that fare code. There are NO CHANGES ALLOWED.  You ultimately have to repurchase new tickets like you posted.  Im failing to understand your issue.  Kindly elaborate.

9 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

What is a “web” ticket?.  Sounds like you purchased basic economy ticket.  With that fare code. There are NO CHANGES ALLOWED.  You ultimately have to repurchase new tickets like you posted.  Im failing to understand your issue.  Kindly elaborate.

It sounds like American told Royal that they would allow cruise passengers to change tickets without a fee, so Royal is not offering any reimbursement. However, American told the OP that they weren't going to allow him to change the tickets, so he had to pay.

I think this is something that will need to be taken up with American; if they told Royal one thing and their passengers another.

OP, what credit card did you use to pay for the cruise? Many travel cards have a basic travel insurance included so you may be able to use that to get a refund of the new tickets. This is why I always put cruises on my Chase Sapphire or Amex Platinum

• Like 1

We were on Southwest, the changes to our flights at the last minute cost the 2 of us an additional $849. I sent our original flight receipt, new flight receipt, booking confirmation and a copy of the letter to the address shown as instructed. Royal Caribbean is reimbursing us the promised $400 and Southwest is returning our $50 in Early Bird check in fees. 

It was weather related, and our fault because we didn't purchase travel insurance on this particular cruise. And actually the last day was very pleasant. We got to sleep in, and sail the 100 miles up the Mississippi river in the daytime. We didn't dock until 1 PM, and they had lunch and the beverage package carried over. :classic_biggrin: I don't know if it was $400 pleasant, :classic_tongue: but it doesn't break our budget. And it was a nice cruise. 

I don't know what the deal is with your American flights, but we were pleased that our reimbursement was as expected. And the folks that we talked to on onboard, both with United and Delta flights were allowed to change flights without charges. Did you call them or try to do it online? 

Edited by Coralc

3 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Try to work with American, Royal is only giving $200 per person.

Of course if you purchased air with them this would have been taken care of fully, I believe. 

Well yes...but who uses Air2Sea for domestic flights? It would have been fully covered. :classic_tongue: Our original one way flights for 2 were $351. And I looked at travel insurance, but I didn't want to pay the extra $130. Our loss. :classic_biggrin: The cruise itself wasn't that expensive. I do have it for the Transatlantic in November. 

Edited by Coralc