What NCL ships should I AVOID BOOKING

Seafan22

I have seen recent posts about trips being cancelled on short notice in Europe, and I have seen this in the past in the Caribbean.  I know sometimes this may happen because of mechanical issues, but I am more concerned about NCL getting a better offer.  When they’re able to charter the ship out to a company and cancel our trip.

I realize in the fine print of the contract it says something about the fact that they can cancel any port or the whole trip and we are just out of luck.  But I would rather totally avoid booking any of the ships that are typically used for these kind of situations.  Can anyone tell me which ships to avoid booking trips on? 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

I have seen recent posts about trips being cancelled on short notice in Europe, and I have seen this in the past in the Caribbean.  I know sometimes this may happen because of mechanical issues, but I am more concerned about NCL getting a better offer.  When they’re able to charter the ship out to a company and cancel our trip.

I realize in the fine print of the contract it says something about the fact that they can cancel any port or the whole trip and we are just out of luck.  But I would rather totally avoid booking any of the ships that are typically used for these kind of situations.  Can anyone tell me which ships to avoid booking trips on? 

Thanks

We are not big fans of the Epic or Star.  The layout of the Epic is very poor with a very small pool area that with the large crowns makes it unusable.  Also, we always felt crowded on the ship.  We disliked the bathroom layout.  

The Star is probably our least favorite ship.  It is old and poorly designed, with no sunset bar behind the buffet.  We love eating breakfast and lunch outside.  Ships like the Gem, Jade and Sun are our favorites.

Still, for the right price and itinerary, we would still cruise on the Epic or Star.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

Thanks

Jade and Pearl are used a lot, here is link to SixMan the company that charters for musical festivals at sea

https://www.sixthman.net

• Like 1

We've had three cruises canceled because the ship was chartered out, but we were pretty flexible with our vacation plans and got some great perks for our troubles.  I echo the sentiment on Epic with a large caveat.  The overall layout and design of the ship is terrible but its Haven is terrific. 

• Like 1

We love the Epic and have sailed on her 7 times. We have stayed in Boutique hotels across the country with similar bathroom configurations. Not a big deal at all. But,,, I think that the OP was more interested in avoiding cancellation due to charters and mechanical issues. 

On 2/24/2020 at 5:58 AM, Seafan22 said:

Thanks

been cruising with ncl since 2010 and never faced this sort of problem.as far as i'm concerned what matters to me most is the itinerary. although some ships are nicer than others, as long as i enjoy where they are taking me, the actual ship is irrelevant.