At Sea weather to Hawaii

prplcat702

Hi all!  I am considering a cruise to Hawaii in October, round trip from San Diego.  There are 4 days at sea each way.  I know weather can be unpredictable, but can I expect the temperature to be similar to what it is in the Caribbean?  Or are these sea days much cooler due to the open ocean waters?  Thanks!

I did a similar cruise last October & and it was a super trip. 

We had cooler temps for the first two days leaving California. Cool enough to need jackets in the morning and evening. Too cool to use our balcony much.

It warmed up after that, but it was too windy to use our balcony & we did not have a great deal of sun.

The weather heading back was very disappointing. Cool and almost no sun. It was even too cool to keep the retractable roof over the pool open. 

Not sure how representative our experience was compared to the norm, but...

But I would happily do it again, because the weather in Hawaii was amazing. And we used our balcony a great deal. Wonderful place to watch the sunsets.

The weather in Hawaii might be similar to the Caribbean, but the weather in San Diego is nowhere near Caribbean weather. That being said, San Diego can have some of it's hottest weather in September and October. That is why that area burns so well in those months.

As frequently mentioned here, it will be a little cooler, and possible rougher the first couple of days off the West Coast, and the last couple of days returning. It will warm in the vicinity of Hawaii.