CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

I wanted to buy at 9.90 and didn’t have money in my trade account. By the time I got it transferred it started going back up. I have been watching it for several weeks. When they announce tomorrow that they are extending that the ships will not sail in April will the stock drop again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

I wanted to buy at 9.90 and didn’t have money in my trade account. By the time I got it transferred it started going back up. I have been watching it for several weeks. When they announce tomorrow that they are extending that the ships will not sail in April will the stock drop again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious about this as well.

3 hours ago, amilicia said:

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, I would have never thought to buy CCL stock before reading this thread.  I'm not much of a gambler, but I decided to dip my toe into the market last week and bought 700 shares of Carnival at $8.00 and then pulled that toe back out today at $19.00. Not a bad little profit this week, although I'm sure Uncle Sam will grab me by the short-hairs next year.  I think we're going to see another downward trend, so I figured I'd get out while the gettin was good. If it dips back into the single digits again, I'll jump back into the pool...  Thanks again!

I too took profit on 20k at £12.50 - Will pay off my grandaughter's uni fees, now she can go for her masters debt free.  Who knows she may become England's youngest Silk.

Trust you left 100 in the pot

Carnival is dual listed, as Carnival PLC is traded in the UK exchange and that 10-K cover page says it is incorporated in 

It does not matter much where a company is incorporated. Carnival Corp probably has a lot of subsidiaries incorporated in many countries.

On CNBC today it sounds like cruise lines were accidentally omitted from the most recent bailout package. Of course they could get some loans possibly from the Treasury Department and their funding. I have not read all nearly 900 pages of the document, so trusting CNBC on that one a little.

previously paid amounts does not represent cash flow. they already have that cash. cash flow is from the people paying new deposits on bookings or paying down current invoices. if they are issuing refunds (not FCC's) that will HURT cash flows. if they are delaying finally payment dates, that HURTS. this is what would necessitate a loan or government bailout to keep them afloat as they pay employees without new customer cash.

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm curious about this as well.

well Royal went up when they announced the cancellations (due to the bailout bill that was expected to help cruise lines). I am sure shareholders are expecting them to cancel as well and I actually doubt it goes down after the cancellations. they could also announce it after market tomorrow and by Monday market it will be old news.

Edited by Denverdonkeys

I think that when the cruise lines get the OK to start cruising again, you will see their stock go up from where it is now. That's just my opinion as I am not an expert. Normally, I participate in the Real Estate world for my investments, but I did purchase a hundred shares the other day because hopefully they will keep the OBC and their stock will rise.

• Like 3

NCL is now down to $12 from about $17 in the past few days.  Low was $7.77.  High was $59.

Carnival is still around $14-15.  Low was about $9 but I doubt it will go that low again. It was over $50 in December and January. However, I think it will go down below $14 again since they delayed their cancelation announcement to Monday.

RCL is at $34.50. Low was $22. High was $135.

Wondering if they ended up in the final version of the bail out or not.  

20 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

NCL is now down to $12 from about $17 in the past few days.  Low was $7.77.  High was $59.

Carnival is still around $14-15.  Low was about $9 but I doubt it will go that low again. It was over $50 in December and January. However, I think it will go down below $14 again since they delayed their cancelation announcement to Monday.

RCL is at $34.50. Low was $22. High was $135.

Wondering if they ended up in the final version of the bail out or not.  

The cruise lines didn't qualify for stimulus money because most of the work force are foreign nationals:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/big-cruise-ship-lines-wouldnt-qualify-for-aid-under-stimulus-package

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

What exactly did you find misleading? I'm not a fan of Fox Business (or Fox in general), but that article seemed pretty fact-based to me.

Agreed. None of the cruise lines qualified for stimulus money due to being incorporated in another country and their main work force are foreign nationals.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, milamber said:

Amazed that a small potential income and a bit of positive PR from the offer to use ships as temporary hospitals boosted stock by almost 38% at one point today. It's hardly a lifeline for Carnival. I'd be amazed if any of the cruise lines sailed again this year on any meaningful basis. Even it if clears up over the next few months to a large extent, there are going to be plenty of countries who have avoided the worst who won't want the risk of cruise ships or indeed any other visitors bringing it into the country. 

Only thing likely to affect that in any meaningful way is a faster than expected vaccine, which is possible. Even with that, many of the customers for the mass market lines might have lost jobs/had reduced income over the virus period and a cruise isn't going to be a priority for them. Add that to the negative PR generated by the Diamond Princess, plus the general impression thrown out by the media that cruise ships are breeding grounds for disease and I think the industry is in for a torrid time. If it survives at all that is.

I hope I'm wrong as a past passenger who loves cruising, but I wouldn't be throwing my money at any stock just now, regardless of how cheap it goes.

Short the stock market.  Sorry to say, but that ship has already sailed for the cruise line stocks.