MSC SEASHORE December 2021??

capitalbarry

CB ... No dates on the UK site though the UK office in their reply a few weeks back said it would remain in the Med! Personally I would be amazed if that happens.

A number of port sites have it listed in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

Really wish they would release Caribbean Nov 2021 itineraries!  We tentatively booked Royal Caribbean since their prices are lower when itineraries release, but we would prefer MSC.  So curious to see what they will offer late 2021-2022...

3 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Well there ya go!! Nice find. Some nice changes to Seashore it looks like. Im super curious to see if pricing goes up. 

They really need to update those itineraries though. Ocho and GC and Cozumel are gonna get sick of seeing us!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

I am curious as to what the "22 new terraced suites" are?  I just looked at the deck plans and I see there are some new YC suite types (grand suite and owners suite) but no idea what a terraced suite is. 

Looking at the model it is certainly hard to see where they are ! 

The way I read it they were saying there are 28 more YC balcony staterooms.  "Terraced stateroom" is a better phrase than larger than average balcony.  The rest is just typical MSC clunky translation.

MSC Seashore features new stateroom designs such as cluster staterooms for families and groups. The MSC Yacht Club offers a new style of suite, featuring a walk-in wardrobe including two more luxury suites with whirlpool baths and 28 more of the terraced staterooms with their own private area for sunbathing.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seashore/Staterooms-And-Suites.aspx

Unfortunately there are 29 more Deluxe (I think they forgot to count that one forward on 19, or perhaps it's a Deluxe Grand and marked wrong), four new Deluxe Grand, two new Owners and eight more Interior suites, for a total of 43 more cabins, in a YC which has just a little more public space.  The YC restaurant was just elongated over the Top Sail lounge but total area looks the same.  From the model it looks like The One pool deck will be a bit longer, extending back over all the YC cabins and encompassing what was the Aurea sundeck on the previous Seaside class ships.  Based on the central white space on deck 19 I do think the YC pool will be larger.  Not enough in my opinion to offset a 50% cabin increase.  The passage from the website perhaps reads they are redesigning the Deluxe to have walk in closets, but most likely that is only for the Deluxe Grand suites and above.

Edited by Até

8 minutes ago, Até said:

Unfortunately there are 29 more Deluxe, four new Deluxe Grand, two new Owners and eight more Interior suites, for a total of 43 more cabins, in a YC which has just a little more public space. 

I count a higher number of Deluxe Grand Suites:

Deck 16:  2

Deck 18:  2

Deck 19:  37 (!)

I might be wrong since the color shading of

the categories on the deck plan is slightly off

on my PC compared to mobile device.

I have called MSC USA regarding the new

Deluxe Grand Suites but couldn’t get any

reliable information of size. It seems that the

Grand Suites are slightly stretched to fit a

walk-in closet between Bathroom and Bed-/

Living Room and the higher price reflects

only the additional closet space...

This is exciting. They needed larger rooms in YC and more variety like Haven. 

However, I’m very nervous guys, that what happened to my wife and I at NCL Haven is going to happen here. We used to sail in Haven from NY and FL for 5-6k$ for 2-4 of us from 2014-2017 early 2018. Then NCL realized they drummed up enough demand and now you can measure fares in NY in 5 digits (in some cases over 13000$) and in Miami at or over 7k$ (occasionally you can score 5-6k$ for 7ni but rare). We moved to YC and we honestly love the product better than Haven and will never go back there. My concern, that at some point MSC will do the same and the value will be gone. Im concerned this next release of itineraries and fares on Seashore may be that time. Some can afford the over 7k$ fares, we can not, as I love to sail many times a year. 

That aside Im excited to see a new and improved Seaside come to us. I love SSI, SSH can only be better. 

That said, have you seen the pics and videos of that Scarlet Lady?? Shes same master design by the ship yard as our Seaside Class, but man is she ugly as all heck!!! Awful. Talk about taking a great framework and ruining it. Makes me appreciate the beautiful and talented designers that MSC employs. 

Edited by BoundForSea

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

That said, have you seen the pics and videos of that Scarlet Lady?? Shes same master design by the ship yard as our Seaside Class, but man is she ugly as all heck!!! Awful. Talk about taking a great framework and ruining it.

I've also seen complaints about that ship's functionality as far as "plus-sized" guests. Some of the furniture is better suited for children even though there won't be any children sailing.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

4 hours ago, SirWolf said:

I count a higher number of Deluxe Grand Suites:

Deck 16:  2

Deck 18:  2

Deck 19:  37 (!)

You're right, all those cabins on deck 19 do look colored more as Deluxe Grand.  I was going by width and thought most on 19 were regular Deluxe, but they are deeper and thus MSC ranked them as Deluxe Grand.  19002 , 19025 and 19028 appear even larger but are colored all the same.  You can see that 19037 through 19046 are shorter than the others on 19, but are wider than a regular Deluxe below.  So I have no idea where that 28 number comes from.

56 minutes ago, Até said:

You're right, all those cabins on deck 19 do look colored more as Deluxe Grand.  I was going by width and thought most on 19 were regular Deluxe, but they are deeper and thus MSC ranked them as Deluxe Grand.  19002 , 19025 and 19028 appear even larger but are colored all the same.  You can see that 19037 through 19046 are shorter than the others on 19, but are wider than a regular Deluxe below.  So I have no idea where that 28 number comes from.

I wonder if it will just be a larger room or if the layout will actually be any different (bigger bathroom, closet, etc.).

7 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

I wonder if it will just be a larger room or if the layout will actually be any different (bigger bathroom, closet, etc.).

The link I posted above shows the floor plan the same as the regular Deluxe cabin.  There looks to be about four different sizes/shapes to the Deluxe Grand cabins.  I expect little difference, basically more total square footage and probably a walk in closet.

19 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

This is exciting. They needed larger rooms in YC and more variety like Haven. 

However, I’m very nervous guys, that what happened to my wife and I at NCL Haven is going to happen here. We used to sail in Haven from NY and FL for 5-6k$ for 2-4 of us from 2014-2017 early 2018. Then NCL realized they drummed up enough demand and now you can measure fares in NY in 5 digits (in some cases over 13000$) and in Miami at or over 7k$ (occasionally you can score 5-6k$ for 7ni but rare). We moved to YC and we honestly love the product better than Haven and will never go back there. My concern, that at some point MSC will do the same and the value will be gone. Im concerned this next release of itineraries and fares on Seashore may be that time. Some can afford the over 7k$ fares, we can not, as I love to sail many times a year. 

That aside Im excited to see a new and improved Seaside come to us. I love SSI, SSH can only be better. 

That said, have you seen the pics and videos of that Scarlet Lady?? Shes same master design by the ship yard as our Seaside Class, but man is she ugly as all heck!!! Awful. Talk about taking a great framework and ruining it. Makes me appreciate the beautiful and talented designers that MSC employs. 

We'll have to see.  I think most of NCL rise due to FDR saying jack it up, see what sticks.  Then rely on bid process in sequence bumps to make more money than before.

The real problem is probably going to come from folks from other major lines deciding to switch so demand coming from more than just NCL Haven folks.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, BoundForSea said:

However, I’m very nervous guys, that what happened to my wife and I at NCL Haven is going to happen here. We used to sail in Haven from NY and FL for 5-6k$ for 2-4 of us from 2014-2017 early 2018. Then NCL realized they drummed up enough demand and now you can measure fares in NY in 5 digits (in some cases over 13000$) and in Miami at or over 7k$ (occasionally you can score 5-6k$ for 7ni but rare). We moved to YC and we honestly love the product better than Haven and will never go back there. My concern, that at some point MSC will do the same and the value will be gone.. 

My wife and I used to sail only X, the price for a Sky Suite - the lowest level - used to be around 5K give or take for both of us. I was looking at 2021 cruises and saw it was now 7K+ (Yes they now give you free WiFI, the Premium Package and prepaid grats. none of which we use except the grats, that's 1K a day to stay in a cabin about the size of my living room) that is why we booked the YC instead and saved 2K. I was so concerned I started a thread asking about food etc. because the deal seemed to be too good to be true 🙂 Hopefully they keep the prices down to a reasonable level.

• Like 1

I honestly thought I was the only person booked on Seashore as there is not a single RC for any date! 

I have YC1 booked. Deck 16 because that was the only thing showing ( I booked the day she went on sale last June).

What would be the best YC room in your option? I’m guessing everyone is still available! 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

I honestly thought I was the only person booked on Seashore as there is not a single RC for any date! 

I have YC1 booked. Deck 16 because that was the only thing showing ( I booked the day she went on sale last June).

What would be the best YC room in your option? I’m guessing everyone is still available! 

We are booked on the July 9 cruise.