Coco Cay did you make it or miss it?

bob63005

4 hours ago, bob63005 said:

Just missed Coco Cay for the second time and wondering what the track record is. Thought I would post details and others could add to see how often it is missed.

Allure 11/16/19 Missed it got an extra sea day and a $100 future cruise credit.

Allure 02/22/20 Missed it got a day at Labadee instead , no compensation

@bob63005

I think that you should re-post your question as:  Have you made or missed CocoCay since the completion of the new dock?

Sort of more to-the-point.

🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Wow, some of these comments surprise me, I don't think I've ever missed Coco Cay, and most visits were pre-dock.  But, then again, I'm pretty sure I've never sailed Dec-March to Coco Cay.    

Slated to try again in late Nov.  Crossing our fingers as I would like to try it out for once.

We are 3 for 3.    made it on the allure in January, made it on Grandeur last fall and made it last March too.

Seems like the bahamas and caribbean has been a ot windier this year than past years.    Anyone else notice that?

We always cruise the caribbean for at least 3 weeks in January and this year we had several days with high winds.     The cruise after us had the same winds the following week.   

42 minutes ago, momneedsvacation said:

How is it with 2 ships there? We are on the Anthem and Mariner is also scheduled to be there on March 18th.

Very crowded!! I was there early January and couldn’t find a lounge chair by the pool!

Here today on Mariner, Majesty also here. Pool always crowded even when it was just one ship. Lots of chaise lounges by the over water cabanas. Lots of cruisers here, but spaced out pretty good. Water is cold. Ha!

Made it in June 2019 on Harmony and loved it! Made it once in December on Mariner for another beautiful day.  We were supposed to go twice on the December Mariner cruise, but the waves and wind were too much. We actually watched the attempted “dockings” from our balcony that morning! 

Edited by blueeyescruiser