VIRUS: Any Proactive Suggestions?

Nangelina

14 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yeah, whenever I hear about a motorcycle accident from one of those never-bikers I always reply with the latest car accident report and ask if they've quit driving their car.

Live to ride and ride to live. Ever see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist's office?

Actually yes (but then that one is easy for me, it’s my office 😂). But I didn’t realize that Harley’s cured mental illness, maybe he used a foreign part In error and the evil found a way in!? Do they kill viruses too (cause this cold is kicking my butt)?

Edited by AlohaLivin

15 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Wash your hands while singing ABC song (loudly or in your head lol), need more than a few seconds of washing to do the trick. 

I've been singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall." When I get to "97 bottles" my hands are clean and I'm ready for a drink.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:49 PM, John Reid said:

You riding by a lot of psychiatrist's offices taking a survey?

There are two near the yoga studio that I use.  Never seen a motorcycle parked there.  Maybe I should park my bike in front of their offices and shatter that myth! 😉😉

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

There are two near the yoga studio that I use.  Never seen a motorcycle parked there.  Maybe I should park my bike in front of their offices and shatter that myth! 😉😉

You should!  The only issue is the noise during sessions, maybe you could just roll in? 🥳🤣  And take pictures!!

Edited by AlohaLivin

15 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

You should!  The only issue is the noise during sessions, maybe you could just roll in? 🥳🤣  And take pictures!!

Harley Davidson's don't make noise. 😎 

Back to the topic. At most senior officers events we have attended lately they are also doing the fist bump instead of shaking hands when greeting their guests. 

Edited by davekathy

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Harley Davidson's don't make noise. 😎 

Back to the topic. At most senior officers events we have attended lately they are also doing the fist bump instead of shaking hands when greeting their guests. 

Good idea. Our family met with our long time insurance rep recently (as in know the family, blah blah) and he refused to shakes hands saying “I don’t shake hands during flu season.” Guess that is one way to do it.

Harley’s don’t make noise 😳🤯 they merely sing maybe? 😂

31 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Good idea. Our family met with our long time insurance rep recently (as in know the family, blah blah) and he refused to shakes hands saying “I don’t shake hands during flu season.” Guess that is one way to do it.

Harley’s don’t make noise 😳🤯 they merely sing maybe? 😂

We will continue to use the same precautions we do in our everyday lives and while traveling and hope for the best. We don't own a bubble. 

Potato, potato, potato...💀

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

High Five, Fist Bump, Hug or anything else???? How about a simple HELLO, NICE TO MEET YOU or GOOD DAY...?

When I was in Japan, I found myself bowing when meeting people. Very civilized feeling, and no touching!

7 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

Does anyone think using food handling gloves to touch the tongs in the buffet would be a good idea or bad idea.

I intend to use a disinfectant wipe in my hand. I do not think anything will protect from the coronavirus. However caution would be a great choice. As usual wash your hands a lot. Stay away from anyone that looks sick or especially anyone that sneezes. As always. If you are young, lets say to 50 years old and healthy you are not really in any danger at all. Those that are elderly especially ailing are most susceptible to catching any virus as usual.

1 hour ago, kernie968 said:

Does anyone think using food handling gloves to touch the tongs in the buffet would be a good idea or bad idea.

The extreme would be don't eat in the WJ. If you think gloves is a good idea and will help you when using the tongs, go for it. That's a personal thing. But what about the plates, napkins, silverware, salt n pepper shakers, drink menus the table and the chairs in the WJ. Keep on  washing your hands and sanitize your hands (if you can use that product). All you can do is take all the necessary precautions and hope for the best. Speaking only for us, no gloves or masks.

Edited by davekathy

We are currently on a B2B cruise on Celebrity and even with their “enhanced sanitizing procedures” they have not been able to prevent a nasty upper respiratory virus that started going around the ship on day 3 of the first week. I wash my hands fanatically and avoid touching as much as possible but still managed to start coughing on day 7. This is the first cold I have had in over 4 years so I guess I am due.

I’ve really been watching people on this cruise as I’ve, retired RN, always been interested in infection control.  I think some of the biggest culprits in spreading stuff are the waiters and bartenders and the sea pass cards. How many people touch your card each day? I watch bartenders make your drink, use tongs to pick up a lime slice but place it on the rim with their fingers, pull the paper off the straw and place straw in drink, handle your card (and maybe a cash tip) to swipe, return your card and repeat with the next customer.  Plus, you my have to sign a receipt using a pen that how many have used?They are touching all the bottles, glasses, etc. and I have yet to see anyone wash their hands. Watch the waiters in the dining rooms.  They remove dirty dishes, then bring clean to the table next to you.  Are they washing their hands?

Sherri🙂

2 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

If your flying in I’d wear a respirator mask as the plane with be more dangerous than the ship in my opinion.

I think with all the discussion about masks on the news over the last few weeks, we know they are effective for the person who has the virus, to keep them from spreading it.  Unless you have a properly fit N95 mask, wearing anything else is a false sense of security.

I am flying on Sunday from Toronto to Miami. I will not be wearing a mask (although I DO have a properly fit N95 which will remain tucked away in my carry on).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I think with all the discussion about masks on the news over the last few weeks, we know they are effective for the person who has the virus, to keep them from spreading it.  Unless you have a properly fit N95 mask, wearing anything else is a false sense of security.

I am flying on Sunday from Toronto to Miami. I will not be wearing a mask (although I DO have a properly fit N95 which will remain tucked away in my carry on).

Safe travels and have a great cruise.  Bracing for a cold, windy weekend here in the Northeast - would love to be heading for Miami this weekend.

12 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Safe travels and have a great cruise.  Bracing for a cold, windy weekend here in the Northeast - would love to be heading for Miami this weekend.

Thanks - looking forward to some warmth and sunny skies 🙂 We are currently in the midst of a winter storm and expecting 10-20cm of snowfall in the next 24hrs.

5 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Thanks - looking forward to some warmth and sunny skies 🙂 We are currently in the midst of a winter storm and expecting 10-20cm of snowfall in the next 24hrs.

Ugh that's probably heading our way.  Sunny and mid 70's in Miami Sunday - enjoy!

• Like 1