VIRUS: Any Proactive Suggestions?

Nangelina

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yeah, it's a broken record I hear a lot also. Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up. 

Yeah, whenever I hear about a motorcycle accident from one of those never-bikers I always reply with the latest car accident report and ask if they've quit driving their car.

Live to ride and ride to live. Ever see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist's office?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Most of the clorox wipes do not do anything against these kind of viruses.

What you should invest in, are the Hydrogen Peroxide wipes. It has been proven to kill Noro-virus and OTHER viruses in that vain.

Nothing so far for the coronavirus. So where are you?

17 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Don't shake hands. Just do the fist bump. If the other party doesn't get it, they are clueless. 

I hate fist bumps. So unprofessional. Shake hands and wash your hands.  Heck even after a fist bump wash your hands.

4 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I hate fist bumps. So unprofessional. Shake hands and wash your hands.  Heck even after a fist bump wash your hands.

I don't mind fist bumps, but I wouldn't be against doing away with shaking hands and fist bumps.  There's really no reason to have to touch another person when meeting them.

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't mind fist bumps, but I wouldn't be against doing away with shaking hands and fist bumps.  There's really no reason to have to touch another person when meeting them.

I hear you, but I'm Italian.  We're touchy feely people..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mek said:

The only really helpful advice on this thread has been to wash your hands, take extra meds in case you are quarantined, and book a cabin that you could stand to spend 14 days in.

Highly unlikely any cruise line would attempt another quarantine after the unmitigated disaster on the Princess ship in Japan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Most of the clorox wipes do not do anything against these kind of viruses.

What you should invest in, are the Hydrogen Peroxide wipes. It has been proven to kill Noro-virus and OTHER viruses in that vain.

Yes, you need wipes that either contain bleach or hydrogen peroxide to kill Noro and other viruses effectively.   I have heard some passengers bring a clear plastic sandwich bag or ziploc and put the remote control in the bag since buttons could contain germs/bacteria.    

We were at Doctor's appointment today with the Head of the Transplant team and their opinion was coronovirus will end up being everywhere and not to stop traveling/cruising because of it.    Just take all the precautious we do every day since he is immunosuppressant.    Wash hands with warm water.    We actually had to take a hand washing class a couple of years ago and it has always stuck with me on the proper way to wash hands and proper amount of time is 20 to 30 seconds.   Make sure you thorough wash finger tips and under fingernails,    If you have any cuts on hands, cuticles  or other areas of arm or legs that may touch another surface by another passenger/person then put a bandaide on it.      And of course, avoid anyone that appears or sounds like they are sick.    Basically, common sense items that we should practice on a regular basis not just flu or other viruses.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Highly unlikely any cruise line would attempt another quarantine after the unmitigated disaster on the Princess ship in Japan.

The quarantine was directed by the Japanese government.  Cruise lines won't have a thing to say about when or how a quarantine is administered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

The quarantine was directed by the Japanese government.  Cruise lines won't have a thing to say about when or how a quarantine is administered.

Yes,  you are right - I was stuck on the whole quarantine debacle and forgot it wasn't the cruise line's decision.

• Like 2

Do not eat at buffets or any shared type food areas

Do not use hand rails

Try not to push elevator buttons with your hands, use your elbow for the outside call button and ask for your floor when entering

Only use the bathroom in your cabin if possible

Do not drink tap drinks, cans or bottles only and ideally pour them yourself into your own glass (without touching the neck or rim to the glass)

Wear a mask on your plane ride to the cruise

Report people doing nasty things and incidents of contamination you observe

Never touch your face with your hands

Then all the other basics washing your hands, etc.

Unfortunately prevention can only go so far. If you don't want the flu, get a flu shot. As far a the corona virus, if you are in an environment like a cruise ship your odds of catching it become astronomical if some on on board has it. The Diamond Princess cruise ship just fell to third place behind S. Korea for the number of infected world wide.

9 hours ago, Nangelina said:

We will be boarding Harmony on March 1st.  Of course, Covid19 is on our minds.  But we are going to have fun and are going to be proactive before boarding.  Clorox wipes to clean the cabin, masks (just in case), and an extra 3 weeks of our medications just in case.  It can't hurt to be proactive.  It's like carrying an umbrella and then it never rains.  Another other suggestions will be gladly appreciated.  

Well planned! My suggestion is if you are flying, use your Clorox wipes to wipe down the arm rests, and most importantly, the tray table on the back of the seat in front of you, including the latch that holds it up! And, don’t forget to wipe down the TV remote in your cabin. Someone posted a good idea of placing it in a ziplock bag and never taking it out. They reported it works just as well in the ziplock. Not just for Covid19, but Noro too. 
Enjoy your trip! 

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yeah, whenever I hear about a motorcycle accident from one of those never-bikers I always reply with the latest car accident report and ask if they've quit driving their car.

Live to ride and ride to live. Ever see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist's office?

You riding by a lot of psychiatrist's offices taking a survey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would stay away from the buffet.  Every cruise I ever been on, I’ve seen at least one child or several children touching the food without using the serving utensils.  I would go to the park cafe for lunch and the main dining room for breakfast/lunch.  

1 hour ago, Erik101 said:

I would stay away from the buffet.  Every cruise I ever been on, I’ve seen at least one child or several children touching the food without using the serving utensils.  I would go to the park cafe for lunch and the main dining room for breakfast/lunch.  

I'm always first in the door WJ, first to use each serving utensils, never touch tables/chairs. Always wipe room down, never touch railings, door handles using paper towel or my sleeve. Every little bit helps...Ex called me Anal

• Like 1