Was Loyal

SPNJHockey

We WERE loyal NCL-Haven customers until today.  At every turn, including "personal concierge," mis-information was conveyed by NCL employees.

When I called to cancel, our personal little helper advised that we'd be out 25%.  I can swallow a 25% loss to schedule a surgery. 

Find out today that it's NOT a 25% loss, but a 50% loss of $10k cruise vacation.  If I knew initially that I'd be out $5k, I would have forced myself onto vacation, and scheduled surgery for AFTER the cruise.

#NeverAgainNCL.

On 2/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

If you can safely postpone the surgery, why not call them back and tell them you'll go after all.  Even a 25% loss hurts IMO.

Having anything to do with NCL is now off the table. 

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

18 minutes ago, SPNJHockey said:

Having anything to do with NCL is now off the table. 

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Not really....I mean, you are here posting, reading, chatting, and participating in the NCL forum, no? 

I can only speak for myself, but I'd never spend my time on a forum for something that I wanted nothing to do with. I think participating might come off as "sour grapes". YMMV.

22 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not really....I mean, you are here posting, reading, chatting, and participating in the NCL forum, no? 

I can only speak for myself, but I'd never spend my time on a forum for something that I wanted nothing to do with. I think participating might come off as "sour grapes". YMMV.

thankfully people do voice their displeasure this way others will take this info into consideration when spending their money. 

3 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

thankfully people do voice their displeasure this way others will take this info into consideration when spending their money. 

And that is the problem with "sour grapes" posting. You don't get honest reflection and consideration, you get bitterness, negativity, and overblown drama instead. (Think claims of: "The food was completely inedible"). Again, speaking only for myself, I won't base my decisions on the ranting and venting of the aggrieved. YMMV.

Think of this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show. The FCC recently announced that they had received 1,300+ complaints about the show. I'm guessing that if you let yourself stew in the 1,300 complaints that you might think poorly of the show. However, you also have to consider that the audience was 122 Million people. When taken in context, the complaints are a tiny, tiny portion. Just like when one person is "done" with (fill in the blank) and the other 4,999 guests are not complaining.

45 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Take a look in your URL box.  Does it say "Boards.NCL..."  or does it say "Boards.CruiseCritic..."

I'm sorry that your not appreciative of my time and effort in letting people know what they may expect when issues arise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

And that is the problem with "sour grapes" posting. You don't get honest reflection and consideration, you get bitterness, negativity, and overblown drama instead. (Think claims of: "The food was completely inedible"). Again, speaking only for myself, I won't base my decisions on the ranting and venting of the aggrieved. YMMV.

Think of this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show. The FCC recently announced that they had received 1,300+ complaints about the show. I'm guessing that if you let yourself stew in the 1,300 complaints that you might think poorly of the show. However, you also have to consider that the audience was 122 Million people. When taken in context, the complaints are a tiny, tiny portion. Just like when one person is "done" with (fill in the blank) and the other 4,999 guests are not complaining.

I guess Sam Ting and I choose to not stick our heads in the sand and assume that everything will work out ok.  Some of us do our due diligence and make an informed cruising decision based upon what we read about in cruise forums.

4 minutes ago, SPNJHockey said:

I guess Sam Ting and I choose to not stick our heads in the sand and assume that everything will work out ok.  Some of us do our due diligence and make an informed cruising decision based upon what we read about in cruise forums.

Well you didn't research the cancellation policy on your own. But all of this doesn't really matter if you have the proper insurance (which you claimed you do), you'll be made whole so why does it really matter. Move on...book with NCL, book with another line...just be happy and enjoy a cruise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SPNJHockey said:

Take a look in your URL box.  Does it say "Boards.NCL..."  or does it say "Boards.CruiseCritic..."

I'm sorry that your not appreciative of my time and effort in letting people know what they may expect when issues arise.

WOW...despite "I can only speak for myself" and "YMMV" you seem to be hurt that someone might have an opinion that differs from your own. You might think that you are informing people, but there is no guarantee that anyone will have the same experience that you have. I...again, speaking only for myself...refuse to let someone else's "maybes" cloud my own experiences.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, Lionkingrichard said:

You agreed to the terms when you paid right?

Then you called and tried to get someone to change those terms?

Good luck!

Yes, I agreed to the terms.  Even if I knew that a copy of the insurance policy was available, I would not have read it.  And THAT'S what NCL and the Insurance people bet on.  I was denied today.  When I located the policy, I read it. 

And, THEY GOT ME..."pre-existing conditions."  NCL's policy of "cancel for any reason" and the mere existence of travel insurance are all smoke and mirrors.  😞

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, Drinal01 said:

Opinions everyone has one...

They are all GOOD.  I for one double checked the cancelation policy for my own edification due to this post.  Thanks!

I'm happy you did your "due diligence." 

And I hope after having done so, you feel better about the choice you made.👍