Guy's burgers

airdale

Ok, now I am hungry and I want to go on that cruise. Just found this video (down below). Cmon guys, its worth travelling just for these fabulous burgers. They are amazing and the people working there are amazing (according to the comments). Anyhow, just please watch the video (Guy's Burger Joint Review (2019). I am sure it will make you crave to cruise as soon as possible. Have a great day! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

The menu options look similar... I wonder how close they are to the ones served onboard. This is from the menu in Disney Springs.

C74B38A6-4E10-43E0-A4FC-79DF2309E076.png

Was not sure there were any Planet Hollywood’s left.  

3 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

I bet they’re close in taste but ship burgers better.  I’ve probably programmed my tastebuds & brain to think that at least lol 

Do they have the chicken sandwiches onboard?

Onboard, Guy’s is strictly burgers. Shaq will be having a chicken restaurant onboard. Guy Fieri also brands a chicken restaurant in Disney Springs named Chicken Guy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, coevan said:

I also agree on Guy's, pressed and cooked to death

I don't mind a thinly pressed burger. Personally, I love McDonald's burgers. I also enjoyed Steak & Shake's for years, but theirs went downhill and now they're all closed around here. So it isn't that Guy's are thin patties that turns me off so much nowadays. I think their taste has drastically gotten worse. The last one I had on Horizon, the one I couldn't finish, was actually pretty juicy. Not greasy, but juicy. But the taste was so bad. Not to mention several people in our group agreed that the fries were terrible, too.

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't mind a thinly pressed burger. Personally, I love McDonald's burgers. I also enjoyed Steak & Shake's for years, but theirs went downhill and now they're all closed around here. So it isn't that Guy's are thin patties that turns me off so much nowadays. I think their taste has drastically gotten worse. The last one I had on Horizon, the one I couldn't finish, was actually pretty juicy. Not greasy, but juicy. But the taste was so bad. Not to mention several people in our group agreed that the fries were terrible, too.

Totally agree. The frys are NG for sure. On the Magic the deli had frys cut hot frys all the time. 

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

The menu options look similar... I wonder how close they are to the ones served onboard. This is from the menu in Disney Springs.

Speaking from experience on both . . . and quite a few times on both . . . The ones offered at Planet Hollywood (Disney Springs, specifically) are quite a bit more tasty, yet more messy.  At the PH locations you can also request adjustment to the beef temperature.

Some will make the valid statement that they can't be really compared, since one is a somewhat pricey meal at a restaurant, and they other is "free" while onboard.  But since the question is about the product comparison (i.e. taste and quality), I wanted to chime in.  With my PH discount card, it also helps my dining visits as well. 🙂

• Like 1

My game plan, though I may change before November.  

Go to Guy's Burger, observe the grill cook's procedures and look at the burgers being offered.  Real thin burgers are a downside to getting a Medium (pink in the middle) burger unless it is cooked on one side and then put on the bun without putting any heat to the other side.  Not good.  If they look like a nice size patty with some thickness, it will be a go for trying one.

By August we should know the current cruising rules, requirements for cruising or restrictions at that time.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, airdale said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha!  WOW, I never even considered that this topic would get the reactions and comment this topic has gotten!  Reminds me of the "days of old" when someone asked about jeans in the dining room or shorts on dress up night.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

I WILL request two (2) "MEDIUM" cooked burgers fresh off the grill.

RADIANCE CRUISE THIS THANKSGIVING!

50 years ago I used to grill my burger "RARE" and then 30 to 40 years ago I started grilling my burgers "MEDUIM RARE", but now days I grill a medium burger (pink in the middle and juicy) and request the same when I am out.

I love burgers!  Don

You'll get a turkey burger! Happy Thanksgiving.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, dgreeney said:
  • The worst burger I have ever had. They are greasy and have no taste. The fixings bar ingredients  are slop. 

LOL, are you sure?  The absolute worst?  😅