Spirit....

JOMA

:p We are on the March 5th sailing and we have lots of questions.

1. When are the formal nights?

2. Is there still a designated movie theater on board?

3. Is there any transportation from New Haven to the port in NY?

4. Can you post a few dailies?

5. Is Rudi Macagi the entertainer?

6. Any names of the kids crew, Monkey or lollipop in paticular!!!!!

7. How is the kids crew?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the 11 day sailing on 1/8/06 - Great cruise. I did the 7 day Bahama cruise on the Dawn last year. The weather will probably be cool the whole week. I would never do this cruise (7 day) in the winter again. It doesn't really got hot unless you LUCK out. Seas will be rough as well.

However, the ship is great, crew is the best so make the best of it.

There is 2 formal nights but only 10% dressed up.

Dave

By the way the kids pool in the back is AWESOME. The best I ever seen. Two water slides and water squirts. Really neat. Great kids club.

Don't know about transportation from CT but I'm sure there is.

Entertainment was great. That changes often so I don't know what you will have. There is NO movie theater

Dave

We will be doing this itinerary March 12th, so please report back when you get home.

Why would the weather not be warm in Florida and the Bahammas in March? We have vactioned in FL in March for many years and we can usually count on weather in the low 80's (around Orlando) and even warmer in Southern FL. Is it cooler because we are on the seas? I realize that the trip down and the trip back will be cool, is that what you were referring too.

Allison

there is a movie theater..called the picture house i believe

Sorry - there WAS a movie theater called the Picture House, but it was removed in the October drydock to allow for a larger shop and photo gallery. On my cruise (last week... boo hoo) they did show the occasional movie in the Stardust Lounge, otherwise, there are movies shown on the in cabin TV as well.

Any Rough waters throughout the vacation.

We sailed south 1/29-1/31 and only 1 day was the water "rough" we had 13 foot seas on the first night and a bit of the 1st sea day. We sailed back to NYC 2/7-2/9 and had very smooth seas. From what I understand this was quite surprising to the crew since several cruises prior to mine were very rough in each direction.

Enjoy the SPIRIT!!

~Intrepid

I never saw anyone in the Picture House on my last cruise, and the photo shop??? Excuse me! Sorry! Oops, can I just get a look at that one- never mind! Sorry, was that your foot?

Sounds like a definite improvement. What about the shore excursion booth? Did they add another square foot to that (I hope)??

What about the shore excursion booth? Did they add another square foot to that (I hope)??

Carla - the Shore Excursion desk was moved from the area around the picture house to the Grand Centrum. Apparently there were couches on the port side that are no longer there, now there is the Shore Ex. desk, a 24-hour Shore Ex. kiosk (great idea!) and the port and cruise consultants office. I checked and I dont seem to have a picture of it, but it is a pretty nice set up.

~Intrepid

Ohhhh yeahhhh that was some kind of closed desk my whole cruise. I know exactly where you mean.

Wow, Intrep, you are getting so much positive feedback! Shows how starving we all are for a positive review that doesn't focus on picayune irritants or uncontrollable things like weather.

Archived