Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
soloadventurer

RC announce more Coronavirus measures

Recommended Posts

  • Thoroughly sanitizing the cruise ship terminal before and after every sailing
  • Special sanitizing of high traffic areas onboard multiple times a day
  • Adding extra medical staff on each sailing
  • Providing complimentary consultations with medical experts for all guests & crew
  • Plus, the Captain will make two daily announcements during your cruise reminding everyone of how to stay healthy onboard

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard they just banned clients from Italy, South Korea and Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the latest from RoyalCaribbean wrbsite:

 

  • n Menu
 

 

 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alerts
 

UPDATED ON FEBRUARY 24, 2020

Royal Caribbean's Facebook for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Twitter for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Instagram for Live Updates
 

 

 

TRAVEL ADVISORY UPDATE

The U.S. State Department published a new travel advisory. We’ve been staying on top of the situation and had already cancelled or modified most sailings in Asia through mid-March, with no sailings departing from mainland China or Hong Kong, China.

U.S. guests on cruises in Asia departing before March 23, 2020 who want to change their plans will be allowed to rebook without penalty at a later date.

We are unaware of any significant travel restrictions, delays or quarantines anywhere else in the world.  Accordingly, we look forward to welcoming our guests who are booked on itineraries outside Asia onto their cruises as scheduled.

We continue to monitor the situation constantly, and news of any travel restrictions or cancelled sailings are regularly being updated.

 

CORONAVIRUS HEALTH PROTOCOLS

We are closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus, and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew.

To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO and other public health authorities around the world, we are implementing several global measures to protect guests and crew. These measures are intentionally conservative and apply to anyone boarding our ships, guests and crew alike. We apologize for the inconvenience created by these precautionary measures.

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:

1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto in the past 15 days.

b. Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

c. Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.

2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.

b. Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy in the past 15 days.

Guests presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screenings will be denied boarding.

All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds.

We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help passengers and crew members who feel unwell while sailing. Our protocols include professional medical treatment; quarantine of unwell individuals from the general ship population; and intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures.

We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed. Guests with questions may contact the customer care department of our individual cruise lines.

 

CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON CHINESE PASSPORT HOLDERS
AS OF 02/10/2020*

Many countries are refusing entry to persons who have traveled from, to or through mainland China in the past 14 days, and often require Chinese guests to submit to additional health screenings and document review.

 BAHAMAS: No entry for anyone with prior 20-day mainland China travel, regardless of nationality.

 INDIA: No arrival visas for China passports.

 INDONESIA: No entry permitted to China passport holders.

 JAPAN: No entry permitted for China passports issued in Hubei and Zhejiang provinces.

 MALAYSIA: No entry permitted for China passports issued in Hubei, Zhejiang or Jiangsu provinces.

 SINGAPORE: No entry permitted for China passport holders. Ship will be denied entry.

 SRI LANKA: No arrival visas for China passport holders.

 VIETNAM: No entry permitted for China passport Holders. Ship will be denied entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is RCI going to do if this becomes a pandemic? Ban everyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few options.  Some extreme others make more senses. 

 

1. stop sailing completely 

2.  not allow anyone on board that has traveled  to/through a country with an outbreak of greater than X people unless 30 days has passed (15 days could also be an option)

3. Sail but at the first sign someone has (runny nose, fever, cough, stomach issues or any other type of cold/flu symptoms) isolate immediately and kick them off the ship at the next port of call.  
4. Combination of 2 and 3

5.  Roll the dice do basic screenings and hope for the best

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Its my understanding it has spread to Palermo Sicily 

Confirmation of cases in Tuscany and Sicily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norwich Cruiser said:

Confirmation of cases in Tuscany and Sicily 

The Sicily case is someone on holiday who lives in the North of Italy, where the main outbreak is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad I don't have another sailing until November. I'm allergic to the extra deep cleaning sanitizer they use. Kicks off my asthma big time. And how does anyone know they have come within 6 feet of someone with the virus, you get on a plane and the person in first class or in the back row can spread it to the whole plane through the ventilation system. I don't know where my fellow flyers have been!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

The Sicily case is someone on holiday who lives in the North of Italy, where the main outbreak is.

At present there are about 280 confirmed cases in Italy with 7 deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta feel for what Royal is going through and how this is affecting their business.  This is going to cost them a lot of $$$!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fdthird said:

You gotta feel for what Royal is going through and how this is affecting their business.  This is going to cost them a lot of $$$!

 

The stocks for Royal, NCL, and Carnival all took a major hit. My portfolio has more red than I-95 during rush hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a very bad day for the US Stock market...blamed on the spread of the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

 

The stocks for Royal, NCL, and Carnival all took a major hit. My portfolio has more red than I-95 during rush hour

Absolutely awful.

 

But probably worst for Costa and MSC who have ships based in Italy especially Venice all year round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A case of Corona has been reported in Barcelona,  I believe the person had visited Northern Italy.  I'm actually beginning to think that there is a possibility that the Trans Atlantics will not be coming over to Europe at all this spring if Spain is added to the list. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, livylotte said:

A case of Corona has been reported in Barcelona,  I believe the person had visited Northern Italy.  I'm actually beginning to think that there is a possibility that the Trans Atlantics will not be coming over to Europe at all this spring if Spain is added to the list. 

 

 

That would be disastrous.  Regardless of what transpires I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be cancelling Med cruises this Spring/Summer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

That would be disastrous.  Regardless of what transpires I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be cancelling Med cruises this Spring/Summer.

 

We have two cruises for Oct/Nov 2020 our of Barcelona, the one I am now concerned about is our Oct 25th Western Med. Our cruises for 2021 from Singapore are now being modified and we could end up with nothing except our upcoming march sailings out of San Juan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We have two cruises for Oct/Nov 2020 our of Barcelona, the one I am now concerned about is our Oct 25th Western Med. Our cruises for 2021 from Singapore are now being modified and we could end up with nothing except our upcoming march sailings out of San Juan. 

 

We're booked on EX for a 9-nighter out of Civitaveccia in September.  Not panicking but will be closely following the situation.  Nothing booked as of now beyond that.  Sailing on LB out of Galveston in April - not too concerned about that one for now.  Hope everything works out for you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I are due to go on a Greek Islands cruise out of Rome in July. Taking my daughter and grandkids with us but watching the situation very carefully. If it’s under control fine but I don’t see that happening any time soon. Already booked and paid for the flights from the UK but I will not put any of us in harms way. I can see RCI having a real problem in Europe this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

We're booked on EX for a 9-nighter out of Civitaveccia in September.  Not panicking but will be closely following the situation.  Nothing booked as of now beyond that.  Sailing on LB out of Galveston in April - not too concerned about that one for now.  Hope everything works out for you.

 

 

Thank you, flights are booked already. Our departure Port is Barcelona then will continue with the Nov 1st 2021 TA on the Allure. All the excursions are also booked with Italy Tours for the cruise & Barcelona Day tours before the cruise. I see no changes on the RCCL site. From what some are saying our April 25th 2021 on the Ovation out of Singapore,  has had changes and will arrive in Yokohma on the 7th and continue with the TP We lost Hiroshima and Okinawa on the April 25th sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hotel in Tenerife Costa Adele now on lockdown.

My friends were staying in the hotel next door and almost dropped into this hotel for a drink last night. They could have been trapped there for days! 

Edited by little britain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hotel in Tenerife now on lockdown.

My friends were staying in the hotel next door and almost dropped into this hotel for a drink last night. They could have been trapped there for days! 

they still might be if they dont get out quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We have two cruises for Oct/Nov 2020 our of Barcelona, the one I am now concerned about is our Oct 25th Western Med. Our cruises for 2021 from Singapore are now being modified and we could end up with nothing except our upcoming march sailings out of San Juan. 

We are on Allure October 25 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Thank you, flights are booked already. Our departure Port is Barcelona then will continue with the Nov 1st 2021 TA on the Allure. All the excursions are also booked with Italy Tours for the cruise & Barcelona Day tours before the cruise. I see no changes on the RCCL site. From what some are saying our April 25th 2021 on the Ovation out of Singapore,  has had changes and will arrive in Yokohma on the 7th and continue with the TP We lost Hiroshima and Okinawa on the April 25th sailing. 

 

Haven't booked our flights yet but will need to make a decision within the next couple months.  Sorry you lost two ports but hopefully that will be it and the TP goes on as scheduled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hotel in Tenerife now on lockdown.

My friends were staying in the hotel next door and almost dropped into this hotel for a drink last night. They could have been trapped there for days! 

 

3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

they still might be if they dont get out quickly

 

Agree, wise decision not to stop in for a drink!  Hope the friends are able to get back home without incident.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...