GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION?? SO CONFUSED

lovescats5

I know there are many threads on this but all the information is different and confusing.  There will be 5 of us with 5 medium suitcases.  We will need transportation from a hotel near Hobby airport to the port on Sunday morning and then back to Bush (I know, that was a mistake on the booking agent) Sunday morning.  I have contact many of the services suggested and all are at least $25 pp one way.  Have read all the information people have posted about Lyft, which the latest was 4 people using Lyft XL for $95 which was one way I am guessing.  Now I see where Budget has a rental sale and I could rent a Ford Edge, or similar, for $210 and then port parking would be around $85.  Rental vehicle would give us the freedom to get to port when we want and leave when we debark.  Have I missed any options and which one would you take?  All this stress and then I was silly enough to book Allure our of Galveston in March 2022.  I must have had a senior moment.  Thanks for any help.

I've never parked at the port and most of the many choices have transportation.

The cheapest is only sunday to sunday and had a golf cart. But there are other choices.

Google it and you will come up with at least 5 places to choose from, including inside.

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

I know there are many threads on this but all the information is different and confusing.  There will be 5 of us with 5 medium suitcases.  We will need transportation from a hotel near Hobby airport to the port on Sunday morning and then back to Bush (I know, that was a mistake on the booking agent) Sunday morning.  I have contact many of the services suggested and all are at least $25 pp one way.  Have read all the information people have posted about Lyft, which the latest was 4 people using Lyft XL for $95 which was one way I am guessing.  Now I see where Budget has a rental sale and I could rent a Ford Edge, or similar, for $210 and then port parking would be around $85.  Rental vehicle would give us the freedom to get to port when we want and leave when we debark.  Have I missed any options and which one would you take?  All this stress and then I was silly enough to book Allure our of Galveston in March 2022.  I must have had a senior moment.  Thanks for any help.

We rented a car from the airport upon arrival and drove to the parking lot and left the car there for the week. We came in a couple days early and stayed at a Hotel across from the Houston Space center to take the tour the day before our cruise. 

Make sure your rental car price includes pickup at Hobby and return to Bush. 

Also - there are shuttles from Hobby to the ship but you would have to go back to the airport to catch the shuttle. Perhaps your hotel near Hobby has a bus that will take you to the airport Sunday morning. 

You could reserve a shuttle in advance each way and be done with your planning. Then you'd have no worries about a Lyft XL fitting 5 people plus suitcases.(Worst case if you decide to go with Uber/Lyft and you don't all fit is you would need two Lyft vehicles - but non-XL vehicles cost about $30 less).

Edited by SG65CB