WDW Resort to Port Canaveral

shareen3

Hi all!

Looking for recs on how to get from WDW property to the port. I initially thought to take their transfer service but I believe that is only if you are going on Disney Cruise. I'm not sure how long the walk is from Disney to the RCI terminal. The main issue is I travel with 2 kids and on the Disney bus they do not allow car seats which works out considering I am not bringing one. Lyft/Uber is great but again - car seat issue for my youngest (8 months)

Any personal recs on a company to hire that will have car seats or another transfer option. 

thank you 

You can take the Disney transport back to MCO and from there catch a shared shuttle - Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or GoPortCanaveral are the most often suggested.

I would also look at a one-way car rental - all of the agencies near PC offer free shuttles to the port after you return the car and you can rent car seats from the agencies.

You can bring your own car seat and open up lots of options.  Bringing your own seat is the only way to guarantee that the seat is properly sized and maintained. The airline will check the car seat for free if you choose not to use it on the plane.  I would also search the family cruise board to see what others travelling with small children did in your situation.

21 hours ago, JohninDC said:

You can take the Disney transport back to MCO and from there catch a shared shuttle - Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or GoPortCanaveral are the most often suggested.

I would also look at a one-way car rental - all of the agencies near PC offer free shuttles to the port after you return the car and you can rent car seats from the agencies.

You can bring your own car seat and open up lots of options.  Bringing your own seat is the only way to guarantee that the seat is properly sized and maintained. The airline will check the car seat for free if you choose not to use it on the plane.  I would also search the family cruise board to see what others travelling with small children did in your situation.

Thanks! Bringing car seats isn't an option. I will look into renting just to get to the port

On 2/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, shareen3 said:

Lyft/Uber is great but again - car seat issue for my youngest (8 months)

Any personal recs on a company to hire that will have car seats or another transfer option. 

thank you 

There is a way to request a carseat with Uber.  Check the app or contact customer service to find out how.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, shareen3 said:

Thanks! Bringing car seats isn't an option. I will look into renting just to get to the port

Bringing car seats is an option that many do every day.  I would also search the family cruise board to see what others travelling with small children did in your situation.

14 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Bringing car seats is an option that many do every day.  I would also search the family cruise board to see what others travelling with small children did in your situation.

Bringing car seats is not an option for me. That’s wonderful for the families who do it everyday. We got it all worked out. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, shareen3 said:

Bringing car seats is not an option for me. That’s wonderful for the families who do it everyday. We got it all worked out. Thanks. 

How are they going to be strapped in on the plane?

12 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

How are they going to be strapped in on the plane?

Not sure when the last time you traveled with kids are but car seats are not required for air travel with kids. I also don’t care what other people’s stance on that are 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

18 hours ago, shareen3 said:

Not sure when the last time you traveled with kids are but car seats are not required for air travel with kids. I also don’t care what other people’s stance on that are 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I've been flying my entire life and fly on a regular basis.

My kids never flew unrestrained however part of my family is in the business.  

I never even see lap kids any longer, I thought the FAA finally put a stop to that.

We love this company. Found them originally on TripAdvisor. My family and several friends that used them in the past have never had any issues. They provide car seats free of charge.

Company is called STAR TRANS-VIP and not STAR Transportation. I booked once with STAR Transportation by mistake...BAAAAD mistake!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34515-d7680134-Reviews-Star_Trans_VIP-Orlando_Florida.html