Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

lovescats5

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Actually davekathy we did not stand at the door and wait and no it was not locked.  We walked right in, more than once when we were in the area, and looked around and there was only a couple people there one time.  Our purple Star Class card just opened that door right up one time when it might have been locked.  And we did not even get kicked out.  So sorry I started this.  I just thought 300 was high and now I know I was way off and I know nobody cares about anyone else achieving a new level and it seems to be stepping on toes if a person is kinda excited about their new level of success.  I guess I am glad I am not a snotty diamond who just complains about what is getting taken away instead of congratulating people who are happy about a step up.  Maybe one day we will see you in the Suite Lounge because I am pretty sure for now I will not be in your DL.

So there was more than none as you previously posted.

I've never met a snotty diamond or above on any of our cruises or even on CC. When you finally make diamond maybe you might understand firsthand why a few (minority here on CC) of those diamond or above are complaining here on CC (not in the DL on our cruises) about benefits/parks being reduced or taken away. Which doesn't make any of them snotty.

I doubt it as we don't do suites and I would never mention CC (I maybe at risk if I do 😎) or our tier level on any of our cruises. A lot more interesting topics to talk about. Not my DL. But it is a nice place no matter the time of day/evening. 

You have only your opinion looking from the outside in and I'm speaking from experience. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Actually davekathy we did not stand at the door and wait and no it was not locked.  We walked right in, more than once when we were in the area, and looked around and there was only a couple people there one time.  Our purple Star Class card just opened that door right up one time when it might have been locked.  And we did not even get kicked out.  So sorry I started this.  I just thought 300 was high and now I know I was way off and I know nobody cares about anyone else achieving a new level and it seems to be stepping on toes if a person is kinda excited about their new level of success.  I guess I am glad I am not a snotty diamond who just complains about what is getting taken away instead of congratulating people who are happy about a step up.  Maybe one day we will see you in the Suite Lounge because I am pretty sure for now I will not be in your DL.

Don't mind some of these posters. Some are rude and are so into their own little Diamond world that they don't even recognize it. In fact, I would like to think that most are really great poeple that just occasionally get wrapped up into this board a tad too much. Enjoy your Suite Lounge, and not to worry as most of these posters never travel in suites. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well count the two of us in on that 300 onboard this coming Sunday!  Were both diamond at 110 points and have JS 7712 on the Liberty sailing 3/1 so double points and chugging along to D+, lol.  My in-laws are coming along, gold, so we probably wont use the DC as much as normal.  Now heres to hoping some do cancel due to corona virus concerns and they get their royal up from a promenade view to a balcony.  Were ready for some sun & fun!

On 2/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Just wrote something similar, although I had heard our diamond/diamond plus count was slightly lower. ( didn’t matter, still on the low side).  

Are you going to the top-tier tonight? I’d love to meet you, how will I pick you out? 
marci. 

Sorry Marci...I totally forgot about the upper tier until too late, as we got back from dinner later than usual.  It's actually one of the first I have ever missed.  

Edited by island lady

On 2/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

The overflow was noted in the lounge change letter  we received a week or so prior to sailing. Haven’t been there for evening cocktails. 

m

It really a nice set up on this ship, with plenty of waiters and bartenders working both inside and the large outside overflow into the "Shall we Dance Lounge".  Huge happy-tiser set up.  Actually see quite a few Pinnies in there, wanting to be there to socialize with their D+ friends (now that we are kicked out of the CL).   

Went up to the CL a couple of night ago just to say hello to Alan (CL concierge).  There were 3 pax,  plus the bored NC lady inside, and six outside in the overflow (not sure why they need the overflow up there).  This was during high time at just before first seating.  Alan told me it's been like that since D+ were kicked out.  

This change has just got to be hurting he and his team for tip money with this change.  Ouch.  

On 2/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, John&LaLa said:

Adventure of the Seas Top Tier Event
Gold 775
Platinum 277
Emerald 112
Diamond 249
Diamond Plus 193
Pinnacle 34
Top Cruiser had 2149 points 😳

Barbara was on Rhapsody last week, as usual top cruiser.  Over 5000 points.  She had quite the cute decorated door.  🙂 

On 2/26/2020 at 5:32 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

The Concierge just told me he expects to have the numbers “day after tomorrow”.  Will send them on to you when I get them.

Just found out the the March 2nd cruise will have a total of 840 Diamonds, Diamond + and Pinnacle.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, blackshirt said:

Since you have accessed to the SL, you aren’t missing anything but Liberty does use the Viking Crown Lounge for overflow. The servers will serve the Diamond drinks in the overflow area (and not limited to the 3 on your sea pass) but they don’t set up snacks in the overflow area anymore as the area is open to everyone. 

This past Nov with over 400 D and D+ there was no official overflow in VCL.  We just used the SL every night before dinner and went to the DL after dinner to be with friends.  I met a bunch of P in the SL but did not meet any other D+ in there.  We did meet a bunch of D and D+ in the DL every evening. 

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Just found out the the March 2nd cruise will have a total of 840 Diamonds, Diamond + and Pinnacle.

Thank you for the answer. It was not what I wanted to hear! Will you be on the March 2 cruise. If so, would love to meet up with you.

3 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you for the answer. It was not what I wanted to hear! Will you be on the March 2 cruise. If so, would love to meet up with you.

A few weeks ago on Serenade the whole Safari club was used during Happy Hour.  It was a very nice venue and many waiters taking drink orders.  I dare say the 11 nights on Serenade was the best happy hour I have been too.  Much of it was due to Junior taking over as Diamond concierge the cruise after our first 10 nighter.  

The first cruise the VCL was used as overflow and it didn't seem like the concierge cared.  Could have been because it was her last cruise and she was going home.

Felt bad for the CL concierge Mario.  It was a ghost town in the CL for the 3 weeks we were on.  

59 minutes ago, frank808 said:

A few weeks ago on Serenade the whole Safari club was used during Happy Hour.  It was a very nice venue and many waiters taking drink orders.  I dare say the 11 nights on Serenade was the best happy hour I have been too.  Much of it was due to Junior taking over as Diamond concierge the cruise after our first 10 nighter.  

The first cruise the VCL was used as overflow and it didn't seem like the concierge cared.  Could have been because it was her last cruise and she was going home.

Felt bad for the CL concierge Mario.  It was a ghost town in the CL for the 3 weeks we were on.  

Thank you for the positive remarks. 840 sounds like a lot of people. Being D+ we are used to using the CL. I am looking forward to meeting someone we know from previous cruises in one of the lounges. I believe we may have spoken to you during a Jan. 2019 Serenade Cruise.

1 hour ago, travelwide said:

Thank you for the positive remarks. 840 sounds like a lot of people. Being D+ we are used to using the CL. I am looking forward to meeting someone we know from previous cruises in one of the lounges. I believe we may have spoken to you during a Jan. 2019 Serenade Cruise.

Possibly as wife and I were on Serenade from Jan 10 to the 31st.  Previous cruises, on Serenade, loved to sit at the little bar in CL.  This past got to sit at the very nice bar with great view of the aft.  I would definitely give up the CL for the Safari Club during HH.  Only negative was not having access to the cappuccino machine in CL when the one in DL was down.  

We were on Liberty from Oct 20 to Nov 3 2019 and the SL was pretty quiet also.  

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:42 PM, lovescats5 said:

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

I would actually consider that pretty low.  In the last 7 years I have been on only one cruise with only 300 D or below.  It was  An enchantment 4 night sailing out of PC in 2019 in Feb.  Been as high as 1500 on an Ovation 16 night repo in 2016.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:11 PM, John&LaLa said:

She was at 3000 right before we ascended in 2017

I think she pretty much lives on Rhapsody when it is in Tampa.  😉  She did not continue into last week however, or maybe just went home for a week to get laundry done.  😮 

11 hours ago, frank808 said:

Hi Frank!  🙂 

Yeah, ghost town on Rhapsody last couple of weeks in the CL as well.  Concierge Alan and team is hurting without the business in there now.  He told me it has been like that since they kicked the D+ out.  😞 He even tried to get me to come in anyway (being a lowly D+  "DS")...but I did not want to put him in that position. 

We did not do full suite on those two weeks, due to wanting the huge corner aft balcony on the JS we booked.  Spent a lot of happy times out there.  🙂 

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Frank!  🙂 

Yeah, ghost town on Rhapsody last couple of weeks in the CL as well.  Concierge Alan and team is hurting without the business in there now.  He told me it has been like that since they kicked the D+ out.  😞 He even tried to get me to come in anyway (being a lowly D+  "DS")...but I did not want to put him in that position. 

We did not do full suite on those two weeks, due to wanting the huge corner aft balcony on the JS we booked.  Spent a lot of happy times out there.  🙂 

Insures Suites have access and a seat. Royal needs to keep up the good work. 😎

• Like 2