Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lovescats5

Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

Recommended Posts

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

Swarm is the proper term 😉 

 

Also you don't turn Diamond on the cruise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Also you don't turn Diamond on the cruise 

Called a diamond wanna be. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

300 isn't that high.  That seems like a pretty typical number these days.

especially on a ship that holds 3,700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Swarm is the proper term 😉 

 

Also you don't turn Diamond on the cruise 

 

Swarm...LOL!!  Love it!  😉 

 

Agree...we all technically turn a level at some point on a cruise.

 

OP:  You will get the actual level and perks once you finish that cruise and have points awarded to your account 5-8 days after completion.  The only level that gets recognized on the cruise that you earned the points...is Pinnacle, but usually don't get the perks until the next cruise as well. 

 

BTW:  300 total Ds, D+, and Pinnacles as a total is not that high of a number, and is actually lower than most.  Have been on many a cruise that had numbers over 800.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Called a diamond wanna be. 🤣

 

Diamond in training.  😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

especially on a ship that holds 3,700

 

Agree...that's actually very low.  We have 29 Ps, and over 300 Ds/D+ on little Rhapsody right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 1200 D & up on LB repo few years ago.

 

Edited by voyager70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, voyager70 said:

Had 1200 D & ip on LB repo few years ago.

 

Now that's a Giant Swarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those numbers are not very high at all.   When we did a Vision Snowbird a couple back we had over 1200 D and above out of less than 2000 passengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

A DIT?

 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Diamond in training.  😄 

 

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

D-

Love it. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

300 isn't that high.  That seems like a pretty typical number these days.

It didn’t seem high to me either. Ships are loaded with Diamond cruisers.  We have about 225 D and D+ on Rhapsody (plus 28   Pinnacles) this week. 
 

m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

I'm glad RC doesn't recognize D and D+ until after the cruise is complete. It must be an issues as you are the one that brought it up. Ya gotta love all those that are not in the upper three tier level but will whine about it. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Agree...that's actually very low.  We have 29 Ps, and over 300 Ds/D+ on little Rhapsody right now.  

Just wrote something similar, although I had heard our diamond/diamond plus count was slightly lower. ( didn’t matter, still on the low side).  
 

Are you going to the top-tier tonight? I’d love to meet you, how will I pick you out? 
marci. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It didn’t seem high to me either. Ships are loaded with Diamond cruisers.  We have about 225 D and D+ on Rhapsody (plus 28   Pinnacles) this week. 
 

m

 

At least RH has a great DL.  Are they using to the adjacent lounge (can't remember the name) as spillover?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

 

Technically you hit the points once they post to your account. 

 

New Diamonds are not announced to the world so what purpose would it serve for Royal to acknowledge you are Diamond but still give you no benefits until the next cruise?  

Edited by twangster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

 

Pins get acknowledged, but generally don't get perks

 

And I've read, some future Pins dont want to be acknowledged on the voyage they 'cross over'😉

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad RC doesn't recognize D and D+ until after the cruise is complete. It must be an issues as you are the one that brought it up.

It was so much easier before the conversion in 2011, when most people just got one or two credits per cruise. It was  rare for someone to change  categories, unless they received two credits for a particular sailing.  Since it was just one credit per sailing, it would be impossible as even one credit away wasn’t applied until after the cruise. 
 

Now with the credits,  folks are moving up all the time. 
 

 

m

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...