Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

lovescats5

Nope, not an issue.  Just excited to have the points.  Did not realize it was a bad thing.  Like I said, we would rather have a genie than a concierge.  And Twangster I guess you are correct.  It really does not mean that much and I would rather have the Suite perkes than the P status.  So my mistake, I am glad there is no acknowledgement for D or D+ and I will be more than happy to leave them to their crowded room while I spend my time in the Suite Lounge.  Thanks, all you people who have been a downer concerning the fact we did achieve the points for a new level in the Royal hierarchy.  I remember a post where some one made Gold on a cruise and everyone was excited for them.  Guess that just applies when they do not get to your level.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess there are more diamonds out there than I thought.  My mistake to think 300 was a lot.  Guess I cannot even really say we have never seen that many on Oasis or Anthem as we have never even looked in the DL.  I know on Anthem over Thanksgiving there were no D's in their lounge during the day.  Maybe they just converge in the evening for the free drinks.

8 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I guess there are more diamonds out there than I thought.  My mistake to think 300 was a lot.  Guess I cannot even really say we have never seen that many on Oasis or Anthem as we have never even looked in the DL.  I know on Anthem over Thanksgiving there were no D's in their lounge during the day.  Maybe they just converge in the evening for the free drinks.

It is hard to spot them especially when Suite Lounge is available. Typically we don't see/interact unless they are in suites also. If in star class, even the suite lounge would not be visited much by us

Edited by Tulsacoker

29 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

Your concierge can likely print your suite sea pass with the new level at some point during your other cruises. 

i’m not sure how you could think 300 diamonds or diamond plus members could have any impact. We’re seen almost half a ship as diamond or above, with no impact except perhaps for happy hour

m

21 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Were you standing at the DL door all day to validate that there wasn't any D, D+ or Ps using the DL? 🙄The DL door is closed and locked. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Nope, not an issue.  Just excited to have the points.  Did not realize it was a bad thing.  Like I said, we would rather have a genie than a concierge.  And Twangster I guess you are correct.  It really does not mean that much and I would rather have the Suite perkes than the P status.  So my mistake, I am glad there is no acknowledgement for D or D+ and I will be more than happy to leave them to their crowded room while I spend my time in the Suite Lounge.  Thanks, all you people who have been a downer concerning the fact we did achieve the points for a new level in the Royal hierarchy.  I remember a post where some one made Gold on a cruise and everyone was excited for them.  Guess that just applies when they do not get to your level.

I'm excited for you!  I'll be on board too :) 

Just imagine, I'm excited to have bathrobes in my stateroom this trip LOL  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know on Anthem over Thanksgiving there were no D's in their lounge during the day.  Maybe they just converge in the evening for the free drinks.

Sounds about right.  The DL is never busy except during happy hour.  They see some traffic in the morning for the coffee machine but midday they tend to be empty.  

11 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

The more comfortable seats in the DL on Anthem are the seats you can not see from the door.  Many will stop in for coffee but not stay there all day.  Plus, there are much more comfortable places to sit on Anthem with beautiful windows to look out than the diamond lounge.

We never bother with any diamond lounges as they're always too busy for our liking.....best thing Royal did was add our free drinks and such directly onto our sea pass cards. 

As more and more people cancel cruises due to Coronavirus the total may end up a lot less. 

• Like 3

Actually davekathy we did not stand at the door and wait and no it was not locked.  We walked right in, more than once when we were in the area, and looked around and there was only a couple people there one time.  Our purple Star Class card just opened that door right up one time when it might have been locked.  And we did not even get kicked out.  So sorry I started this.  I just thought 300 was high and now I know I was way off and I know nobody cares about anyone else achieving a new level and it seems to be stepping on toes if a person is kinda excited about their new level of success.  I guess I am glad I am not a snotty diamond who just complains about what is getting taken away instead of congratulating people who are happy about a step up.  Maybe one day we will see you in the Suite Lounge because I am pretty sure for now I will not be in your DL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

At least RH has a great DL.  Are they using to the adjacent lounge (can't remember the name) as spillover?

The overflow was noted in the lounge change letter  we received a week or so prior to sailing. Haven’t been there for evening cocktails. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Actually davekathy we did not stand at the door and wait and no it was not locked.  We walked right in, more than once when we were in the area, and looked around and there was only a couple people there one time.  Our purple Star Class card just opened that door right up one time when it might have been locked.  And we did not even get kicked out.  So sorry I started this.  I just thought 300 was high and now I know I was way off and I know nobody cares about anyone else achieving a new level and it seems to be stepping on toes if a person is kinda excited about their new level of success.  I guess I am glad I am not a snotty diamond who just complains about what is getting taken away instead of congratulating people who are happy about a step up.  Maybe one day we will see you in the Suite Lounge because I am pretty sure for now I will not be in your DL.

It's just a fake cruise line status that gives us some perks....no need to get worked up. My 27 month old and 6 month old  daughters are diamonds.......means nothing in real life. 

52 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

???????  I don’t understand your point.

You will be on a cruise with some average (maybe low) amount of D and D+. OK

You are excited to reach diamond level. -OK

Now you know that generally C&A level changes are not recognized on the cruise in which the new level is reached. -OK

You mentioned you are on 4 cruises. -OK

You mentioned you are in a suite with a genie. -OK. 

Don’t see where anyone is a  downer”  

Enjoy your cruises. 
m

• Like 2

Since you have accessed to the SL, you aren’t missing anything but Liberty does use the Viking Crown Lounge for overflow. The servers will serve the Diamond drinks in the overflow area (and not limited to the 3 on your sea pass) but they don’t set up snacks in the overflow area anymore as the area is open to everyone.