Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

lovescats5

22 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Insures Suites have access and a seat. Royal needs to keep up the good work. 😎

If the statement that the CL on the Rhapsody is a "ghost town" and I have no reason to believe Island Lady is not correct, then that tells me that the Suite passengers are not using it. Royal needs to monitor how many suite guests actually use the lounge. If they are not using it, then perhaps it should be opened to upper level Diamond + passengers. What is the purpose of having an empty lounge?  Sounds like the concierges' are not happy with that.

6 minutes ago, travelwide said:

If the statement that the CL on the Rhapsody is a "ghost town" and I have no reason to believe Island Lady is not correct, then that tells me that the Suite passengers are not using it. Royal needs to monitor how many suite guests actually use the lounge. If they are not using it, then perhaps it should be opened to upper level Diamond + passengers. What is the purpose of having an empty lounge?  Sounds like the concierges' are not happy with that.

Not crowded.

I just came off of Rhapsody and had access to the suite lounge.  We visited the lounge two evenings at about 6 o’clock. Both times there were many seats available. We did notice a small group in the “overflow“ outside of the suite lounge. Not sure why they had the overflow as the lounge was not crowded, perhaps maybe because the furniture in the overflow area is a little more comfortable. Never  made it to the diamond lounge in the evening. 

We had something like 28 pinnacles. According to the paper that Alan hands out they were 57 suite guests.   I don’t know if the suite guests   and pinnacles overlapped, 

like others believe, I don’t believe that the diamond plus letter has anything to do with overcrowding, it is just the way Royal  Caribbean is moving D+ passengers out of the concierge  lounge.  Quite frankly, it seems like it would be easier just to change the name to suite lounge rather than move people out of a concierge lounge.  I know the outcome is the same, but in defense of D plus, the website does show access to a concierge lounge.  Just changing the name to suite lounge would, in my opinion,  soften the blow.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

13 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thanks...and agree of course.  The Vision class of ships have very limited full suites on board the little ladies, nothing compared to huge amount of full and varied suites on the larger ships.  Many in those limited suites are families as well, and not interesting in hanging out in the cocktail lounge apparently.  

When I went in to talk to Alan, (one of our most favorite concierges) who saw me in the VCL and invited me to chat with him in the CL, he was not happy at all.  Has been like that since they kicked out the D+, of which many were his friends. This was during usually high time when the lounge is packed, half hour before first seating dining.  There were three pax inside the lounge, plus the very bored Next Cruise lady.  Outside in the small overflow into the VCL, there were three couples.  Not even sure why they needed the overflow.  

Most of the Pinnacles (35 on one cruise, 29 on the next) were in the DL, wanting to socialize with the better numbers in the DL, many of whom are D+ friends of theirs.  Was a very lively place compared with the empty CL.  

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not crowded.

I just came off of Rhapsody and had access to the suite lounge.  We visited the lounge two evenings at about 6 o’clock. Both times there were many seats available. We did notice a small group in the “overflow“ outside of the suite lounge. Not sure why they had the overflow as the lounge was not crowded, perhaps maybe because the furniture in the overflow area is a little more comfortable. Never  made it to the diamond lounge in the evening. 

We had something like 28 pinnacles. According to the paper that Alan hands out they were 57 suite guests.   I don’t know if the suite guests   and pinnacles overlapped, 

like others believe, I don’t believe that the diamond plus letter has anything to do with overcrowding, it is just the way Royal  Caribbean is moving D+ passengers out of the concierge  lounge.  Quite frankly, it seems like it would be easier just to change the name to suite lounge rather than move people out of a concierge lounge.  I know the outcome is the same, but in defense of D plus, the website does show access to a concierge lounge.  Just changing the name to suite lounge would, in my opinion,  soften the blow.  

M

Totally agree.  That form letter that RCI sends out is just that...a form letter.  Explaining that due to higher numbers of C&A members, we are "enhancing" your experience with overflow from DL and giving you a coffee vouchers.  I am quite sure they don't even check any longer to see if there are high numbers booked.  We were on Vision with very low levels, a very tiny DL, and no overflow.  Still kicked out of the CL.  At least there were two coffee machines in the DL!  🙂 

Just a cheap way to not have to add Suites lounges in different areas, and now even cheaper with not even bothering to change the name on the sign from CL to SL.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, travelwide said:

Thank you for the answer. It was not what I wanted to hear! Will you be on the March 2 cruise. If so, would love to meet up with you.

No.  I got off Serenade today and I am now on the Navigator.  Sitting in the lounge waiting on rooms to be available.  I am wondering what the total count will be for the Navigator this cruise.

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not crowded.

We have also noticed times on the Vision and Rhapsody that the lounge is almost empty and there are some in the overflow.  One of the reasons is that the lounge design is not particularly social.  Most of it is table of 2.  There is the back corner where you can arrange a group but most of it is 2's with an aisle in the middle.  I am also surprised that they have not changed the name yet.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Hi Frank!  🙂 

Yeah, ghost town on Rhapsody last couple of weeks in the CL as well.  Concierge Alan and team is hurting without the business in there now.  He told me it has been like that since they kicked the D+ out.  😞 He even tried to get me to come in anyway (being a lowly D+  "DS")...but I did not want to put him in that position. 

We did not do full suite on those two weeks, due to wanting the huge corner aft balcony on the JS we booked.  Spent a lot of happy times out there.  🙂 

Hi there.  Let me guess you got cabin 9256?  🥳

Yes Mario was very nice and pretty frustrated of the directive from Miami. Still loved the cruises especially the southern Caribbean to Colon, Cartagena etc. as we have never been to those ports.  Then Junior turned a bad situation in the DL during HH into and awesome experience.  

8 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Yes Mario was very nice and pretty frustrated of the directive from Miami.

Just what do you think Mario is going to say or any of the concierge?  They agree with the ban?  Lol  Really folks. He is such a nice person. He is our Super Mario. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I'm glad to read that all of you that are posting the CLs (what ones are still around) on your cruises are like ghost towns or underutilized and the CL staff isn't pleased and taking the hit with Miami's poor decision of kicking D+ out of the CLs.  I don't mean what I said in a derogatory way. More like rubbing the noses of those in Miami who think they know what's best in what they created. For what it's worth, I did send an Email to crownandanchor@rccl.com voicing my displeasure with their poor decision and referenced CC as some of the C&A members soapbox. DS rock! Now off my soapbox. 😎

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad to read that all of you that are posting the CLs (what ones are still around) on your cruises are like ghost towns or underutilized and the CL staff isn't pleased and taking the hit with Miami's poor decision of kicking D+ out of the CLs.  I don't mean what I said in a derogatory way. More like rubbing the noses of those in Miami who think they know what's best in what they created. For what it's worth, I did send an Email to crownandanchor@rccl.com voicing my displeasure with their poor decision and referenced CC as some of the C&A member soapbox. DS rock! Now off my soapbox. 😎

And we have sent emails too. Expressed our pleasure with Royal taking long overdue steps to remedy issues surrounding the CL and SL.  Royal, if you stop by here, understand not all are unhappy with your direction. 

These are not perks for Suite Guest. They are amenities.

Thank you Royal.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And we have sent emails too. Expressed our pleasure with Royal taking long overdue steps to remedy issues surrounding the CL and SL.  Royal, if you stop by here, understand not all are unhappy with your direction. 

Thank you Royal.  

The voices that really need to be heard from are the staff being effected and possibly the ships LAs. But I'll take my rose colored glasses off 😍 and adjust accordingly one cruise at a time. 

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just what do you think Mario is going to say or any of the concierge?  They agree with the ban?  Lol  Really folks. He is such a nice person. He is our Super Mario. 

He kept apologizing and saying that it was a directive from Miami.  I am pretty sure it was awkward for him to kick out the couples that had lounge access the few cruise before the directive from Miami.  Then he had to go and ask them to leave on the Jan 10 cruise when they had access the weeks before.

Pretty sure that the way it was handled for those D+ cruisers was not gracious and left a sour taste.  It does for me.  So I will vote with my wallet.  Will be doing 2 weeks on Seaside YC and another 2 weeks with NCL Haven.  Instead of me taking those 4 cruises with royal will be looking at others.  Pretty sure Royal will not miss my $$.  

Also buying Royal stock if it drops to my buy price.  

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Hi there.  Let me guess you got cabin 9256?  🥳

Yes Mario was very nice and pretty frustrated of the directive from Miami. Still loved the cruises especially the southern Caribbean to Colon, Cartagena etc. as we have never been to those ports.  Then Junior turned a bad situation in the DL during HH into and awesome experience.  

Nope, though I do adore that little corner aft balcony as my favorite cabin on the Radiance ladies!  😍 We have that one for two of our legs doing NZ and Australia next year.  

On Rhapsody we were in JS 8596.  Nice roomy JS cabin, with super huge wrap balcony.  Enjoyed many a lovely afternoon out there with a glass of wine before dinner.  Same set up on Vision, just different JS number.  🙂  

Rhapsody does a fantastic job with the DL and overflow into "Shall we Dance" lounge.  Plenty of waiters, huge wall of happy tisers, and two bars.  Never felt crowded, with great floor to ceiling view off the aft.  Vision...did not offer overflow and has extremely tiny DL.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad to read that all of you that are posting the CLs (what ones are still around) on your cruises are like ghost towns or underutilized and the CL staff isn't pleased and taking the hit with Miami's poor decision of kicking D+ out of the CLs.  I don't mean what I said in a derogatory way. More like rubbing the noses of those in Miami who think they know what's best in what they created. For what it's worth, I did send an Email to crownandanchor@rccl.com voicing my displeasure with their poor decision and referenced CC as some of the C&A members soapbox. DS rock! Now off my soapbox. 😎

Agree  totally as usual my DS friend!  🙂 🍷  We of the DS find ways to make silk purses out of sows ears, since that is what we are good at!  😄  Errr...or did I just show my age with that term?  🤭

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thank you Royal.  

That is why my wife and I try only to book on ships that have SL's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, frank808 said:

He kept apologizing and saying that it was a directive from Miami.  I am pretty sure it was awkward for him to kick out the couples that had lounge access the few cruise before the directive from Miami.  Then he had to go and ask them to leave on the Jan 10 cruise when they had access the weeks before.

Pretty sure that the way it was handled for those D+ cruisers was not gracious and left a sour taste.  It does for me.  So I will vote with my wallet.  Will be doing 2 weeks on Seaside YC and another 2 weeks with NCL Haven.  Instead of me taking those 4 cruises with royal will be looking at others.  Pretty sure Royal will not miss my $$.  

Also buying Royal stock if it drops to my buy price.  

Agree totally with you as well, my DS friend.  I do feel for the CL concierges, they catch the flack from the decision, plus take the hit in their wallets at the same time with drastically reduced attendance in the CL.  

Just bought 121 RCI stock today.  Broker thinks I am crazy, but I like to buy when prices are low, and won't stay that way for long. It's my "pet" account I told him.  😉 

I still have quite a few RCI cruises booked, but have finally (as of last week)...strayed into the dark side.  Doing a 15 night on Viking river cruise next year.  🙂 

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Rhapsody does a fantastic job with the DL and overflow into "Shall we Dance" lounge.  Plenty of waiters, huge wall of happy tisers, and two bars.  Never felt crowded, with great floor to ceiling view off the aft.

Glad to hear this my DS friend. 🍷 

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree  totally as usual my DS friend!  🙂 🍷  We of the DS find ways to make silk purses out of sows ears, since that is what we are good at!  😄  Errr...or did I just show my age with that term?  🤭

Not at all my DS friend. Plus I never want to be young again. However , nothing stopping us from acting young. 😎

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Glad to hear this my DS friend. 🍷 

Eh...you know what the saying is:  RCI  (Really Consistently Inconsistent).  😉   

Amazing how very different two Vision class sisters can be from each other.  😮 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not at all my DS friend. Plus I never want to be young again. However , nothing stopping us from acting young. 😎

LOL!!  I wish I could go back to the body I had as a 20 year old, with the knowledge I have now...oh no...scratch that.  Would be way, way too dangerous!  😄  😵

On 2/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, lovescats5 said:

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

LOL.  300 is nothing.

take a transatlantic where more than 50% are Diamond or higher.  I think 2100 on our last TA

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I do feel for the CL concierges, they catch the flack from the decision,

I agree with you there. I can only imagine the “Flack” many are dumping on these Concierges. Most are very nice people/crew. It’s not fair to them. I still believe some are just telling you what you want to hear. 

In my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

We have also noticed times on the Vision and Rhapsody that the lounge is almost empty and there are some in the overflow.  One of the reasons is that the lounge design is not particularly social.  Most of it is table of 2.  There is the back corner where you can arrange a group but most of it is 2's with an aisle in the middle.  I am also surprised that they have not changed the name yet.  

We always enjoy Vison Class (Well, I do more so than Nanci) but visiting  the CL on that class has been a challenge.  Small and, as @Blizzard54 noted,  the layout is not very conducive to meeting up with others and engaging in conviviality.   The overflow makes little sense, was always there simply to accommodate the numbers,  How many times have we gone to the Vison-class CL only to leave because there were no seats available, even after 1st seating.  So, in the end, are those who are D+ really losing all that much by not having access to the CL on Vision Class?  

One has to accept that lounges, DL or CL, were never conceived/designed to accommodate the large numbers of D and above that RCL has created.

Suites?  I always wonder just how many guests in full suite also purchase drink packages and have little 0r no reason to stop by the CL in the evening.  The appetizers?  Hmmm.   Yes, the Vision Class has fewer suites, but the reports suggesting the CLs are not being used as they once were suggests to me that maybe they don't always appeal to this who have booked suites.

There is a certain camaraderie that can be found in the DLs and CLs, and that is why they are important to Ds and above. This camaraderie can be found in the bars elsewhere on board, but, for many, it's not always as easy to turn to someone, say in Schooner Bar, and strike up a conversation as it is in the DL or CL.  At least, I don't.

Disclaimer:  I'm not happy that we're losing access to CL.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Eh...you know what the saying is:  RCI  (Really Consistently Inconsistent).  😉   

Amazing how very different two Vision class sisters can be from each other.  😮 

One of the reasons they are so different is when the added the DL's they did not make them the same.  On the Rhapsody, being in the back of the room they can easily open up whatever size overflow they need.  On the Vision, with the lounge on the side, it can not be expanded unless the use the entire SEEL.  When they do that it is often too big to be social.