Bed split apart in advance?

New2NSeaL

Another question for our upcoming first NCL cruise on the Sky.  Is there some way to indicate before the cruise that the bed should be split apart?  DH and I tend to go to sleep at different times, snore, etc. and we sleep better in separate beds.  I assume we can ask the cabin steward to split it on the first afternoon, but I imagine it's easier for them to know in advance and do it while they're setting up the cabin, vs. adding another task to their busy boarding-day afternoon.  Thanks for any advice you can give me on this.

34 minutes ago, Gershep said:

When I make my reservation I always request for the beds to be separated unfortunately they never are. I leave a note for cabin steward to separate them when they do turn down.

I’ve noted it before, I think it’s been 50/50 (we have 2 cabins, wanting one together and one separate).

3 hours ago, New2NSeaL said:

Another question for our upcoming first NCL cruise on the Sky.  Is there some way to indicate before the cruise that the bed should be split apart?  DH and I tend to go to sleep at different times, snore, etc. and we sleep better in separate beds.  I assume we can ask the cabin steward to split it on the first afternoon, but I imagine it's easier for them to know in advance and do it while they're setting up the cabin, vs. adding another task to their busy boarding-day afternoon.  Thanks for any advice you can give me on this.

NCL has stopped taking bed request pre cruise. You can always try to have it added to your reservation, but it won’t be done. Talk you your room steward on embarkation day. 

• Like 1

I have always requested twin beds on reservation, I didn't know they stopped doing that.  The last few cruises they haven't been separated even though I could see it clearly requested on my booking, I just separate the beds my self the first night and the cabin steward gets the hint, sometimes DH has to move a night stand but it's no big deal.   

My understanding is the bed set up is the same as the last guests who occupied that cabin.

This makes it easier for the cabin attendant to complete his duty in making the cabin available

for the next guests.

There is another old school answer if the new guests are a couple the bed is made as one

if the names on the manifest are different - beds are split

No change in the bedding sheets pillows required at this point and mattresses in any event

do not have to be exchanged merely mated together or split - it is the sheets that are changed.

YES you will get fresh bedding but the CA would not have to tote two types of sheets and covers around.

Now that being noted - you can request in advance a specific set up - as noted above whether

it will be done is questionable.

If not done or a different result is wanted just alert your cabin attendant upon boarding by either

chance meeting him at the cabin or calling on the cabin house phone and leaving a message.

Your CA will usually leave his card or a placard near the phone with his number.

The change is normally done prior to turn down (dah why of course) while the guests are out

dining late or taking in a show. Need earlier service leave a message.

At best the change takes less than a few minutes.

If you store your luggage under the bed - you may find all the fixins for the CA to do the change.

6 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

My understanding is the bed set up is the same as the last guests who occupied that cabin.

This makes it easier for the cabin attendant to complete his duty in making the cabin available

for the next guests.

There is another old school answer if the new guests are a couple the bed is made as one

if the names on the manifest are different - beds are split

This isn’t necessarily true. On our last NCL cruise, I pre-purchased the anniversary package to surprise my wife. Arrived to find the cabin appropriately decorated ... but with two twin beds. 😂😂

But as others have noted, it’s simple to request the beds to be pushed together. 

6 hours ago, DocJunior said:

This isn’t necessarily true. On our last NCL cruise, I pre-purchased the anniversary package to surprise my wife. Arrived to find the cabin appropriately decorated ... but with two twin beds. 😂😂

But as others have noted, it’s simple to request the beds to be pushed together. 

Surprise!

When you first board your ship - IF it is not prohibited to go to visit your cabin interrupting the cleaning

go there and perhaps you will find your CA still working or finishing up cleaning his section of cabins.

You could dump your carry on luggage and discuss the bedding arrangement and be off to eat have

a drink and prepare for the sail away.

14 hours ago, DocJunior said:

hahaha, that'd be a funny surprise