MSC Ship not being allowed to dock in Ocho Rios due to sick crew member?

minnie00

from MSC boards.....

We just got notice that we were denied because one of the staff has regular influenza A. They're in quarantine but the officials at Jamaica won't clear us for this reason. The captain has decided that we will leave now. I hope this doesn't prevent us from getting clearance at our next three stops 😕

is this true??? is the ship or the port??

n answer to the customs clearance question , RCI’s Radiance of the seas is currently doing an Australasia circumnavigation and was denied docking in Bali due to the Coronavirus. Bali was their  foreign port for tax and customs purposes so officials were allowed onboard while they were anchored off shore to clear the ship so they could still have their duty free etc onboard . How many and how long does it take for customs officers to clear a ship? I am sure MSC would facilitate that. 

30 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Then you float like a jelly 

7 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Isn't this the Royal Caribbean board?

We are cruising on Saturday and have concerns and have the right post about them and chat with others about it. The  comments are not needed. skip the post if you are not interested in it. thank you

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minnie00 said:

from MSC boards.....

We just got notice that we were denied because one of the staff has regular influenza A. They're in quarantine but the officials at Jamaica won't clear us for this reason. The captain has decided that we will leave now. I hope this doesn't prevent us from getting clearance at our next three stops 😕

Not the complete story.

From a link on another forum, the crew member does have the flu, but the problem is that the crew member just came on board from one of the restricted countries that requires a 14 day quarantine and it has been less than 14 days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Not the complete story.

From a link on another forum, the crew member does have the flu, but the problem is that the crew member just came on board from one of the restricted countries that requires a 14 day quarantine and it has been less than 14 days. 

yes I am sorry I didn't include that. it just shows that we don't know if that could happen on our upcoming cruises either. 

2 hours ago, rbschultz said:

Isn't this the Royal Caribbean board?

I found it interesting and especially so since it could happen to any ship including an RCI ship. I never would have seen this if someone was not thoughtful enough to post it to the RCI board.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, minnie00 said:

is this true??? is the ship or the port??

n answer to the customs clearance question , RCI’s Radiance of the seas is currently doing an Australasia circumnavigation and was denied docking in Bali due to the Coronavirus. 

I believe it was RC's decision about Bali, not that they were turned away by Indonesia.

I'm actually happy about that, as we sail on Radiance 27 March. Between now and then, she is only visiting ports in Australia and New Zealand, so hopefully won't have any quarantine issues.

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

In 25 years of cruising the Caribbean Ocho Rios is the only port where we did not feel safe.  Machine gun carrying paramilitary troops lining the streets does not convey a welcoming atmosphere.

Sounds like Time Square in New York City. I feel very safe there.