can I use an Royal Caribbean FCC for an Azamara cruise

orwell-g

due to the incredible bad handling of Royal Caribbean of the Corona virus situation in Asia and canceled cruises I am stuck with Future Cruise Certificates for Royal Caribbean.

is it possible to use an RC FCC to book an Azamara Club cruise?

1 hour ago, orwell-g said:

due to the incredible bad handling of Royal Caribbean of the Corona virus situation in Asia and canceled cruises I am stuck with Future Cruise Certificates for Royal Caribbean.

is it possible to use an RC FCC to book an Azamara Club cruise?

How did they handle it that was so bad?  

Hi Orwell-G, We never have accepted FCCs from sister companies in the past, but I'll send it up the flagpole anyway.

I'm very sorry about your having a cruise cancelled. I believe everyone in our family of cruise lines is doing everything they can to keep up with the situation. I apologize if your specific situation was handled badly. Please don't hold it against Royal Caribbean!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I had a RCCL cruise cancelled in 2011, which was for my 70 th Birthday.

I was given a FCC and we used it for a Celebrity cruise to Hawaii in 2012.

You wouldn't be able to do that now. Rules have changed. We had a RC cruise cancelled when the crane fell onto Oasis and it was out of commission for a couple of months last year,. A number of people on the Roll Call asked the question about using it on Celebrity and the answer from the company  was no.

Edited by Bobal

When Azamara cancelled our cruise due to the damage of the ship and we were en route to the airport, we could not use any Azamara credit or transfer the cost of that cruise to a Celebrity cruise.  In the end, we paid for the Celebrity cruise ourselves and in time worked out the recompense with the insurers etc.  We were trying to save Azamara cancellation costs (trying to avoid cancelling the flights) but the rules were rigid - all certificates etc can only be used on the cruiseline that issued it even though they are part of the same family.  

22 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Orwell-G, We never have accepted FCCs from sister companies in the past, but I'll send it up the flagpole anyway.

I have received word to have you email us with your cruise request using the FCC.

These are unusual times so it can’t hurt to ask. Good luck.

Here is the email: AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara

• Like 2