NA Cabana experience

TeanneTX

I went head and book a Cabana on the NA for our 7 day caribbean cruise that leaves on the 29th.  Wondering if these are nice and worth the money.  Anyone have any experience with renting these for their cruise.  How was it.  How was the service.  Do you feel it was worth the money.  I ended up getting the last one available so I guess they are popular.  Looking forward to getting some feedback on this.

Teanne

30 minutes ago, TeanneTX said:

I went head and book a Cabana on the NA for our 7 day caribbean cruise that leaves on the 29th.  Wondering if these are nice and worth the money.  Anyone have any experience with renting these for their cruise.  How was it.  How was the service.  Do you feel it was worth the money.  I ended up getting the last one available so I guess they are popular.  Looking forward to getting some feedback on this.

Teanne

Did you get the retreat Cabana or the Lido Cabana?

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Only you can decide worth.

We have had Retreat cabanas on 6 different ships, and have one for our upcoming N. Amsterdam cruise, second time on her with a cabana. We love them. The service is excellent.

If you do a search, there are many threads on them.

Thanks.  I looked at some youtube videos too and it looks like we will enjoy it.

As long as I'm on a warm weather cruise, I book a retreat cabana if the ship has them.  Service great, people congenial, but I wouldn't waste my money on a Lido cabana.  They are in the thick of the noise, crowds around the pool.  Now if I was younger and sailing with young children, I would certainly rent a Lido since I'd be able to keep an eye on my youngsters.

I am going to give a dissenting view. 

We had a retreat cabana once.  I did not think it was worth it for us. 

It rained like hell on one of our two sea days so it was useless that day.   Two of the days were actually a little cool, so we wrapped up in robes for those days.  And this was on a Caribbean cruise!

We also like to do a lot of activities around the ship, and since the cabana was a little pricey, I felt obligated to use it.  Our cabana overlooked the retractable roof over the pool.  That meant less wind, but I spent $300 to look at a roof.  And the hours are/were  limited.  We would have loved to sit there in the evening to star gaze but I think it closed around 6. They may have extended hours now. 

The service was very nice. But I get great service around the ships almost anywhere.  We now put that money towards the thermal spa or a nicer room I can use 24 hours a day. 

We are big fans of the Retreat Cabanas. We’ve had them six times, five times in a regular size cabana and one time in a family cabana. I am a full-time wheelchair user, so we typically don’t do excursions. Money not spent on excursions is spent on a cabana. 

The ship is our vacation. We both have stressful, hectic jobs, so when we vacation, we like to relax. The Retreat Area is a perfect area to do just that. We always know we have loungers in either the shade or the sun without having to fight others. The cabana attendants provide unlimited bottled water and fresh fruit, as well as anything else we need. 

We’ve only had one trip when we were not able to use the cabana much due to weather. All of the regular cabanas we’ve had were the ones that face the rear of the ship. These allow for better airflow when the weather is warm. If the weather is cooler or rainy, these cabanas don’t provide as much protection as a side facing cabana. The family cabana is as close to perfect as you can get as it provide the best of both the rear facing and side facing cabanas, but even in a family cabana you are at the mercy of the weather. 

Obviously we enjoy the Retreat Cabanas and I hope you too enjoy them. Cruising is all about choices. You can be as busy as you want to be or you can go into full relaxation mode and do nothing. If you want to be busy, I wouldn’t recommend a cabana, but if you want to relax, without a doubt, book it!

5234E958-5151-46AB-889E-A7D6BD3E5ABE.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djhsolara said:

We’ve always enjoyed either Lido or Retreat cabanas. I nice getaway within the ship. 

I only wish they would make the Retreat card access or something to get into the area. People often walking thru the Retreat. 

Rick, you may not remember us but we were trivia teammates several years ago in the Caribbean.  We are cruising on the Eurodam for the next two weeks+ and wondered if you might be on that cruise too. ~ Ralph and Jean

We had a Lido cabana on Eurodam for the Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruise last fall...and we absolutely LOVED it!

Because the weather was dicey a few days, being in the Lido meant we could still enjoy our cabana and views of the sea while staying dry and warm -  Retreat cabanas were closed on the windy and rainy days.

Service was outstanding by our attendant Andrew and his assistant.  We loved it so much, would do it again in a heartbeat!

• Thanks 1