MCO to Port Canaveral Hotel and Cruise Port

maryandmarge

Just booked a Carnival cruise the end of April and need help with options for staying over night.   Three of us are flying into Orlando the day before - was hoping to find a hotel that has both free airport shuttle and offers a shuttle to Port Canaveral cruise dock.  Even if it has a $10 per person charge or something like that.     We are not familiar with any of the ride options like Uber.    Does anyone know if there are hotels in Port Canaveral that have the shuttles that will pick you up at airport?  I didn't know if any offer that since it looks to be almost an hour away.    Another option is we stay at hotel in Orlando and get up in the morning and take shuttle back to baggage claim at airport and use the Carnival transfer for $35 ea.    

Not looking to pay high class.    Would like to stay under the $250 range.    Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Happy & safe travels to all

1 hour ago, maryandmarge said:

Just booked a Carnival cruise the end of April and need help with options for staying over night.   Three of us are flying into Orlando the day before - was hoping to find a hotel that has both free airport shuttle and offers a shuttle to Port Canaveral cruise dock.  Even if it has a $10 per person charge or something like that.     We are not familiar with any of the ride options like Uber.    Does anyone know if there are hotels in Port Canaveral that have the shuttles that will pick you up at airport?  I didn't know if any offer that since it looks to be almost an hour away.    Another option is we stay at hotel in Orlando and get up in the morning and take shuttle back to baggage claim at airport and use the Carnival transfer for $35 ea.    

Not looking to pay high class.    Would like to stay under the $250 range.    Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Happy & safe travels to all

If you do stay in Orlando and go back to the airport for a shuttle...

check into Cortrans Shuttle....only $20pp....very reliable and good company.  You could also use them when you return to get from the port back to the airport. (you will need to reserve online)

The Orlando airport is about a 50+ minute drive from the port, so no hotel will include airport shuttles.  As suggested above, there are several popular shuttles that will get you form MCO to PC and nearby hotels - Cocoa Beach Shuttle & Cortrans are very popular.  GoPortCanaveral offers several package deals that might work for you, including hotels (in either Orlando or near PC) and transportation.

We prefer to rent a car one way from MCO to PC - allowing us to stay, dine and shop where we want.  All of the car rental agencies near PC offer free shuttles after you return the car.

Thanks to everyone for their replies - we decided to go with Go Port and stay at the Hampton Inn Gateway Village in Orlando.    For 3 of us it was $279 total.    Pick up at airport and take us to hotel / pick up at 9:30 AM at the hotel and take us to Port Canaveral / pick us up at ship after cruise and take us back to Orlando airport.  And that cost includes the hotel.    Our transfer alone for the 3 of us on Carnival was $107 for return from port to airport so it seems like a really good choice.   I've seen good reviews for Hampton so we are looking forward to this trip the end of April.   Happy & safe travels to all.  

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Thanks to everyone for their replies - we decided to go with Go Port and stay at the Hampton Inn Gateway Village in Orlando.    For 3 of us it was $279 total.    Pick up at airport and take us to hotel / pick up at 9:30 AM at the hotel and take us to Port Canaveral / pick us up at ship after cruise and take us back to Orlando airport.  And that cost includes the hotel.    Our transfer alone for the 3 of us on Carnival was $107 for return from port to airport so it seems like a really good choice.   I've seen good reviews for Hampton so we are looking forward to this trip the end of April.   Happy & safe travels to all.  

That's where we're staying at the end of April, too! :) 

1 hour ago, MalleyCat said:

That's where we're staying at the end of April, too! :) 

We are on the Carnival Breeze on 4/25  (1st time on bigger ship for us).  It's 2 of my sisters and myself - celebrating my retirement.   Who are you sailing on?    Flying out of Cleveland non-stop on Spirit.    Rates were reasonable - until you add the seat charges and the checked baggage charge but we were still under $300/ea round trip so I can't complain.   Now just have to figure out how to pack everything in a personal bag  and a checked bag under 40 lbs.  I always over pack       

• Like 1

We're on the same cruise, sounds like we'll be spending the week together!  haha. We leave CLE at 10:30 am on the 24th-flying Delta, though. When I booked airfare, I added in all the extras that the lines nickle and dime you and got  everything for $225. We have a quick stop in Atlanta both ways, but for the price, I couldn't turn it down. It's my mom and I, annual Mother Daughter cruise. Our first time on the Breeze.  See you soon! :) 

3 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Use Go Port for the hotel with shuttle package. Most hotels near MCO have a free shuttle. That way you can get a decent rate that includes your shuttle to the cruise and back to MCO.

Thanks for the option -  you must have missed my my post below from Monday where we had decided to book with Go Port.  Seems we made a good choice..  safe travels