4th and 5th Edge Class Vessel Names - Suggestions?

Stem to Stern

Good morning!  I am trying to uncorona here.  I was wondering if the 4th and 5th Edge Class vessels have been named?  Sorry if it has been asked already or announced already, but I have not heard.   I did a search on Cruise Critic and other sources.  The Apex promotional pamphlet came in the snail mail yesterday and made me think it must be a four letter name, so Celebrity can continue the tradition of breaking up the name into two two-letter words and stacking them on top of each other like building blocks.  I guess Beyond will need to have extra blocks.   If no names has been selected yet, what suggestions would fit the four-letter name mold?  I'll start.  Nova and Juno?  Kinda boring, but that is all I have after only one cup of coffee.

Edited by summit011604
typo.

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Ignoring your four letter rule...Edge, Apex, Beyond, Beyond our Budget and Over the Top spring to mind...

LOL!!!  Love it!  Needed a good laugh to get this started for sure.   I am not going to judge until I sail on one, but will take your thoughts under consideration.  Thank you chemmo!

1 hour ago, morfred said:

Please, I beg to Celebrity--No more Edge Class ships. I dislike most everything about them. Nice looking ship but a great deal of intimacy has been lost. The personal touch has been lost. Please make it go away.

Too late on this request.  You have missed the boat!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, morfred said:

Please, I beg to Celebrity--No more Edge Class ships. I dislike most everything about them. Nice looking ship but a great deal of intimacy has been lost. The personal touch has been lost. Please make it go away.

If you don’t like the ships, you don’t have to sail them. There are many other choices available between the M and S class ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

If you don’t like the ships, you don’t have to sail them. There are many other choices available between the M and S class ships.

I am currently on the Edge now for the first time and barring some incredible itinerary I will never get on another Edge class ship again. I do 40-45 days on Celebrity a year and I am running back to M and S class as fast as I can. 

Sorry to hijack this thread-- I will go away now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morfred said:

I am currently on the Edge now for the first time and barring some incredible itinerary I will never get on another Edge class ship again. I do 40-45 days on Celebrity a year and I am running back to M and S class as fast as I can. 

Sorry to hijack this thread-- I will go away now.

As I've said before, different strokes for different folks. 😉

We've sailed on the Edge twice and loved it. Isn’t it nice to have choices? 😊

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

As I've said before, different strokes for different folks. 😉

We've sailed on the Edge twice and loved it. Isn’t it nice to have choices? 😊

• We also  enjoyed EDGE..twice, and are booked on APEX,   but do not see a need for more than 3 or 4 ships per class.  I understand a big investment is made in design for each class,   but after awhile it becomes cookie cutter or feeling old,

1 minute ago, hcat said:
  • We also  enjoyed EDGE..twice, and are booked on APEX,   but do not see a need for more than 3 or 4 ships per class.  I understand a big investment is made in design for each class,   but after awhile it becomes cookie cutter or feeling old,

We're booked on Apex too. I agree, 4 ships of each class would be fine.
Even though there are 5 in the S class, the Reflection is a little larger and a bit different than the others. Edge and Apex are essentially twins, while Beyond is supposed to be a little larger and different from the first two. It will be interesting to see which direction the last 2 Edge ships go - larger, like Beyond, or smaller like Edge and Apex?

7 hours ago, morfred said:

Not going away, but you're in luck, I doubt the M or the S classes are going away anytime soon either.  Choices are good.  

6 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

An older thread had already mentioned that Celebrity had registered the following names for potential future ship names: LUXE, OPUS, ELEGANCE, PINNACLE

Gosh I think we had some better ideas!

Luxe sounds like a back street hotel with delusions of grandeur...

Opus, a credit card which you will definitely need on board.

Elegance gives me a vision of Basil Faulty being at check in and refusing to let ‘rif raf’ on board....

As for Pinnacle, I can live with that!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Gosh I think we had some better ideas!

Luxe sounds like a back street hotel with delusions of grandeur...

Opus, a credit card which you will definitely need on board.

Elegance gives me a vision of Basil Faulty being at check in and refusing to let ‘rif raf’ on board....

As for Pinnacle, I can live with that!

And one with a ludicrously high APR % aimed at people with poor credit ratings at that! 

Why am I now expecting to see Manuel in Michaels?