Booking and NRD questions from a Newbie

Looking to book Alaska cruise (on Ovation) for July 2021. Can I book now with a Refundable Deposit and then change that to an NRD later, assuming it is a lesser price at the time? Also, can I change the booking if there's a price drop (keeping in mind the prevailing RD)? I'm pretty happy with the price right now so thinking of booking now. However, we are going on our first Royal cruise (after several Disney) this July and if we hate it (lol), want the option to cancel Alaska. I'm just worried that if I wait to book, the price will go up. Is there any reason NOT to book now with an RD?

16 minutes ago, PastaNoodle said:

. Can I book now with a Refundable Deposit and then change that to an NRD later, assuming it is a lesser price at the time? Also, can I change the booking if there's a price drop (keeping in mind the prevailing RD)? I

Yes and yes. 

20 minutes ago, PastaNoodle said:

we are going on our first Royal cruise (after several Disney) this July and if we hate it (lol), want the option to cancel Alaska.

What ship are you sailing on in July.  Like most cruise lines they have a wide variety of ships that are completely different and geared towards different cruisers.  There are several classes of Royals ships that I wont sail on yet other classes I love.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What ship are you sailing on in July.  Like most cruise lines they have a wide variety of ships that are completely different and geared towards different cruisers.  There are several classes of Royals ships that I wont sail on yet other classes I love.

This July is Mariner of the Seas.

1 minute ago, PastaNoodle said:

This July is Mariner of the Seas.

Mariner would definitely be a ship that I would sail on.  While 17 years old she was in the first class of what I’ll call the modern Royal Caribbean ships.  She just went through a $100m drydock so she’s been well taken care of. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mariner would definitely be a ship that I would sail on.  While 17 years old she was in the first class of what I’ll call the modern Royal Caribbean ships.  She just went through a $100m drydock so she’s been well taken care of. 

My new favorite ship

• Like 1