Dubai cruise a whole lot cheaper in Canadian $

Their pricing is a mystery.

We're on the March 9th sailing from Dubai. I've been watching the price trying to figure out if it's worth it to try to upgrade. 

I'm Canadian, but we booked in Euros since we live in Europe. I've been checking in both US$ and Euros every day or so, depending on which site my VPN points the RCL website to! The prices have been up and down a bit and rarely go up and down in US$ and Euro at the same time. 

Then yesterday, our nearly empty ship seems all of a sudden almost sold out. No balconies, no Jr Suites, when there was a lot of inventory on Monday, dozens of cabins. I'm very curious on our Royal Up bid (received the offer yesterday), and whether the ship is really as booked as it now seems. 

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This doesn’t happen often but serves as a good reminder to check pricing in different currencies.  After factoring in the exchange these 3 cruises from Dubai are about half the price in CDN $ vs purchasing them in US$

I noticed that a bit ago when checking prices.  Why would this be... You would think that the price is the price and the website would simply adjust for exchange rate. 

Edited by Tree_skier

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I noticed that a bit ago when checking prices.  Why would this be... You would think that the price is the price and the website would simply adjust for exchange rate. 

While normally it’s just the currency conversion that comes into play each country/region does have its own sales targets to meet which is why you do see some crazy differences like this. 

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

RCI prefers Canadians on their ships, very friendly, polite people adds to the overall ambiance of the cruise.  Hard to put a dollar value on such an asset.