Help me choose catamaran sail or speedboat

EeyoreRN

This will be the first visit to St. Maarten for DH and me.  We are trying to decide between 2 6-hour tours, one by speedboat, one by catamaran.  Cost is comparable.  Both include several stops, lunch and drinks.  I feel like we'd see much more with the speedboat option, but we are doing a speedboat the day before at St Lucia, so the cat would be a change of pace.

Any CCers out there who have experienced both?  Or have had an amazing experience with either they would like to share?  Will we see enough of the island with the sail option?

Any input appreciated!

we did this catamaran https://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/excursions/st-maarten-catamaran-tour/ . Loved this trip. I think catamarans are more spacious and more stable. We were able to layout on the front area and suntan while sailing.  It was an awesome day with great snorkeling, barbecue and drinks

On 2/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, EeyoreRN said:

This will be the first visit to St. Maarten for DH and me.  We are trying to decide between 2 6-hour tours, one by speedboat, one by catamaran.  Cost is comparable.  Both include several stops, lunch and drinks.  I feel like we'd see much more with the speedboat option, but we are doing a speedboat the day before at St Lucia, so the cat would be a change of pace.

Any CCers out there who have experienced both?  Or have had an amazing experience with either they would like to share?  Will we see enough of the island with the sail option?

Any input appreciated!

speedboat on St Lucia to get you to the action quickly.  Save the catamaran for a different island

If your interest is primarily sightseeing and/or just relaxing, I would do the catamaran.  If your primary interest is snorkeling, then do the speedboat.  I recommend Random Wind for catamaran.  Magic Time or Soualiga  (Bob Cass) for speed boat.

• 3 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 10:08 PM, crossfitmama said:

we did this catamaran https://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/excursions/st-maarten-catamaran-tour/ . Loved this trip. I think catamarans are more spacious and more stable. We were able to layout on the front area and suntan while sailing.  It was an awesome day with great snorkeling, barbecue and drinks

Do you recall the catamaran operator by chance?

We’ve  done Random Wind Charters which is a Catamaran in St Maarten 3 times. They are the most friendly, accommodating crew we’ve ever experienced. They limit the number of people which eliminates overcrowding. It leaves about 9:00 and returns between 3-4. Full lunch, unlimited beverages, kayak, paddle board, swim noodles, and the most fun a Tarzan Swing.  Yes, it is pricey but often times on their FB page there’s a discount code. 
Google Random Wind Charters to see if this is something you would enjoy. The next time we are in St M we will do it again. Ana and Prince, her little dog, will welcome you with a smile.