RCL Stock

heidikay

1 hour ago, rbell said:

and at $34 today

Up to near $50.00, and down the next day to $34, in large part to the "bailout" news. Amazed it took so long for anyone to figure that out. Yesterday was the only day I did not look at the stock. Had some things going on and was sick of seeing the stock move up everyday being overvalued. It got me. Could have ran a short but I'm sure TD would have said nothing available to short. Don't want BK though.

2 hours ago, ed01106 said:

I don’t know if it is going up or down tomorrow, but I am confident it will be zero by this time next year.

Barrons put a buy on RC stock Friday with a 18 month price target of $80.00. No stimulus money for cruise lines, but a chapter 11 bk will wipe out all debt and let all operations continue as they reorganize and shareholders stake remains.  No stimulus money.. really.. Big banks will take the hit from the cruise lines and pass all that bad debt to the fed.  And as a side note additional funding and construction of  the Miami headquarters expansion was reaffirmed last Wednesday. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Barrons put a buy on RC stock Friday with a 18 month price target of $80.00. No stimulus money for cruise lines, but a chapter 11 bk will wipe out all debt and let all operations continue as they reorganize and shareholders stake remains.  No stimulus money.. really.. Big banks will take the hit from the cruise lines and pass all that bad debt to the fed.  And as a side note additional funding and construction of  the Miami headquarters expansion was reaffirmed last Wednesday. 

They need more corporate space for what?

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Chapter 11 wipes out stock holder equity and the secure debt holders become the new stock holders.

The stock hits $80 in 18 months in the same fantasy world where the virus just magically vanishes and it is safe to pack the churches on Easter.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Chapter 11 wipes out stock holder equity and the secure debt holders become the new stock holders.

The stock hits $80 in 18 months in the same fantasy world where the virus just magically vanishes and it is safe to pack the churches on Easter.

When this is over in 2-3 months and the cruise industry starts chugging again, it will absolutely be 80 12-18 months out.

None of them (the big ones) will go out of business. They will get loans and continue.

Only the whack job president said Easter a few days ago and he's not saying it now

Edited by cruisinfanatic

1 minute ago, cruisinfanatic said:

When this is over in 2-3 months and the cruise industry starts chugging again,

Could very well be wishful thinking on your part. I hope you are right, but I don't see it.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Would they be subject to US bankruptcy law?

5 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I remember last year, when the stock was hovering around it’s all time high, some of the big hitters in the financial world were predicting $165 per share, how did that pan out??

The big hitters were saying this about all stocks. What's your point?

RCL stock Jan 2018 Around $138.00 July 2018 around $138.00 Mid December 2019 to Mid Jan 2020 around  $138.00 Might not hit $138.00 but if it get to $80.00 in a year. A great profit I will see. Along with the OBC and the small dividends if any. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They need more corporate space for what?

Royal Caribbean has been negotiating with Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez and the commission, primarily Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa, over the terms of the land and structure lease agreement. The trio has a successful track record: Royal Caribbean’s new cruise terminal at the port opened in November 2018.

In the campus expansion proposal the committee approved Monday, Royal Caribbean will pay the county $311 million in rent over the course of 40 years with the option to extend the lease for two five-year terms after that. 

The county will provide Royal Caribbean with an estimated $20.9 million in maintenance, utilities and repairs for its existing office buildings. The county will also give Royal Caribbean around $24.1 million in insurance reimbursements and rent-and-maintenance credits over the course of the lease. 

The new projects would expand Royal Caribbean’s claim on the southwest corner of PortMiami by more than three acres.

I wonder if the stock will drop with the cases of COVID discovered on Oasis with crew members just now?  Makes me think it will go up VS down. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I wonder if the stock will drop with the cases of COVID discovered on Oasis with crew members just now?  Makes me think it will go up VS down. 🤷‍♂️

I'm thinking all cruising stocks may suffer on Monday with the ongoing Zaandam saga

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/27/coronavirus-4-dead-138-sick-holland-america-cruise-limbo/2927031001/

On the other hand, Wall Street doesn't giving a flying {you know what} who lives or dies, just that their stock prices go up

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I'm thinking all cruising stocks may suffer on Monday with the ongoing Zaandam saga

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/27/coronavirus-4-dead-138-sick-holland-america-cruise-limbo/2927031001/

On the other hand, Wall Street doesn't giving a flying {you know what} who lives or dies, just that their stock prices go up

I don't know about the crazy pricing on the stocks but I can't even imagine what the cruise lines' PR departments are going to come up with to attract new comers to cruising when they start running again. If I had never cruised before I don't think I'd be considering one now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I had never cruised before I don't think I'd be considering one now.

Don't know if you read my posts on other threads, however I posted yesterday (I think?) I had a ZOOM on-line meeting with colleagues, about 40 of us. Many know me as the cruiser. There's one other cruise fan in the bunch. One of my colleagues asked me what I thought about the current cruising issues, and if I'd cruise again. The discussion went on with at least 5 more of my colleagues saying basically I am nuts to ever think of cruising again and they would never bring their families on a ship.... and then watching the screen several others who had not voiced opinions were nodding their heads up and down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

14 crew members so far.

Not surprising since US is the primary market of Coronavirus cases.

That's not a very nice thing to say. :classic_huh:

One of the articles on Seeking Alpha mentioned that next Friday is an important day, because companies will be posting their first quarter earnings and future projections. SA is opinion pieces but for gamblers (excuse me, stock market people) many stocks will either go way up or way down. DH owns quite a bit of RCL in his IRA, but for now, I am just holding on to cash.