RCL Stock

heidikay

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Agreed, however I think that most on here are like me who saw an opportunity to pick up 100 or 200 shares and have some fun with it.  Even dropping to $0 it won't affect my retirement one way or the other and if I can make a bit off of it in the next year and pay for a cruise or 2 then that's a bonus.  I would never think of putting any of my retirement money or kids college fund into any stock right now without professional advice

This is a great post. I'm a doom-and-gloomer. I wouldn't put a dime in any cruise stock at the moment. But if somebody believes things can get back to the way they were, if they have extra money they can afford to lose, why not? 

Professionals are great for setting up a sound investment plan. Buying shares of any one company is unlikely to be part of a sound investment strategy. It's a gamble. It's a bet. If you want info on the specifics of RCL as an gamble, you are going to find much better info on the internet than from a professional. 

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Same here.

I would like to have a small amount in various company's.

I would like to ask someone with knowledge, some are $1100 per share and some are $20. Whats the difference

Based upon what you've said my one suggestion is you should first pay for an hour with a licensed fiduciary (fiduciaries are legally bound to put your best interests first), rather some salesperson (e.g., "broker" or "financial advisor" whose job is to ring up commissions by selling you things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

I would like to ask someone with knowledge, some are $1100 per share and some are $20. Whats the difference

30 second answer: The price of a stock BY ITSELF doesn't mean a whole lot. It represents something like (the value of the company) divided by (number of stock shares). But a company can change the number of shares out there. So a company who's stock current sells for $1100/share could do a "stock split" and give everybody 50 shares of stock for every one share they now have. So if before you owned one share worth $1100, you would now own (1100/50) = $22

So if Company A's stock is priced higher than Company B, it may be because Company A is worth more. Or it might be because it has issued fewer shares of stock. As I said, the price by itself doesn't matter. 

That said, a stock selling at a very low price, especially under $1/share is a warning sign. Not necessarily bad, but something that should be investigated further. And a stock selling at a high price of many $hundreds or even $thousands can be difficult to buy just for practical reasons.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

30 second answer: The price of a stock BY ITSELF doesn't mean a whole lot. It represents something like (the value of the company) divided by (number of stock shares). But a company can change the number of shares out there. So a company who's stock current sells for $1100/share could do a "stock split" and give everybody 50 shares of stock for every one share they now have. So if before you owned one share worth $1100, you would now own (1100/50) = $22

So if Company A's stock is priced higher than Company B, it may be because Company A is worth more. Or it might be because it has issued fewer shares of stock. As I said, the price by itself doesn't matter. 

That said, a stock selling at a very low price, especially under $1/share is a warning sign. Not necessarily bad, but something that should be investigated further. And a stock selling at a high price of many $hundreds or even $thousands can be difficult to buy just for practical reasons.

Thanks for info. Makes a lot of sense when yo say it like that. 

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Anyone can be a genius like Warren Buffett.  Just buy Buffett , BRK B $190.00 down $50 last few months + he is currently sitting on 125 billion in cash and looking to buy.  Good choice for newbies or the faint at heart.

Two best choices are either BRK or an S&P500 index fund. 

22 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Did you see BRK A today.. Up almost $5000.00.  Thinking of picking up 10 shares of BRK B when Trumps stimulus money shows up. 

At $274699 a share and up $6573. I'll give that a miss

25 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Did you see BRK A today.. Up almost $5000.00.  Thinking of picking up 10 shares of BRK B when Trumps stimulus money shows up. 

It is not Trump's stimulus money... believe me, he is not paying for it... it is our stimulus money.  We will be paying for it in future taxes, rampant inflation and a total economic downturn.

That said, it needed to be done!

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It is not Trump's stimulus money... believe me, he is not paying for it... it is our stimulus money.  We will be paying for it in future taxes, rampant inflation and a total economic downturn.

That said, it needed to be done!

It comes from the person signing the check.  That will be a Biggley image.png.9e6944e87316cde771ff24b10c498d97.png   I am just trolling. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Anyone can be a genius like Warren Buffett.  Just buy Buffett , BRK B $190.00 down $50 last few months + he is currently sitting on 125 billion in cash and looking to buy.  Good choice for newbies or the faint at heart.

I've long been a big Buffett fan and BRKB owner.  But recognize that even before the recent market collapse Berkshire had under performed the S&P over the last 1, 5 and 10 years.  He has very large investments in several airlines whose stocks are down almost as much as the cruise lines.  And by his own admission he held onto a losing IBM position way too long and his large investment in Kraft Heinz was a big mistake.

52 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last Friday Barrons gave the stock a outperform with a 18 month price target of $80.00. As others have said... go figure..

Carnival suspended its dividend and has registered for a public offering of $1.25 billion in common stock. RCI won't be far behind. I wonder what that will do to dilute existing shareholders.

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Carnival suspended its dividend and has registered for a public offering of $1.25 billion in common stock. RCI won't be far behind. I wonder what that will do to dilute existing shareholders.

So long as I’m still a CCL shareholder in years to come I will be a happy bunny.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Quarterly dividend I am willing to give up. Just don't touch the shareholder OBC.

Better chance of keeping the shareholder OBC. When a company distributes a dividend they are out the amount of money that you received. When they give you an OBC they are out the cost of the product that you spent it on. Plenty of people probably use OBC on alcohol. So you spent $15.00 of OBC on a product that cost RCI $0.25.

• Like 1

I find the CCL offering extremely disturbing.  They drew down a $3B line of credit only two weeks ago and now feel the need  for $6B in additional liquidity.  Worse, $3B of the additional funds will come from issuing stock and convertible bonds.  With CCL stock having dropped from $50 to $13 ytd (book value was recently $37) this is a terrible time to issue stock and implies they are desperate for cash and have no other alternative.  If this is true for CCL what does it imply for RCL?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

I find the CCL offering extremely disturbing.  They drew down a $3B line of credit only two weeks ago and now feel the need  for $6B in additional liquidity.  Worse, $3B of the additional funds will come from issuing stock and convertible bonds.  With CCL stock having dropped from $50 to $13 ytd (book value was recently $37) this is a terrible time to issue stock and implies they are desperate for cash and have no other alternative.  If this is true for CCL what does it imply for RCL?

I've never wasted a minute investigating CCL's financials because I believe my lyin' eyes.  CCL has worked for decades to become the cruise industry's garbage can.  CCL poses a lethal danger to their passengers, crews and the ports that service their boats.  On it's worst day RCL is a far better company than CCL can ever be due to the bare bones nature of CCL's business model (low profit margin due to cheap fares for low income clientele).

RCL's existential problem remains this:  Until there is a vaccine how can cruise ships come and go for a week or two without apparently healthy people onboard spreading Corona-19 and turning a pleasure cruise into another a death ship?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1