RCL Stock

heidikay

If Bermuda and Canada stop accepting cruise ships there are a lot of short cruises from the Northeast that will be forced to cancel.  We are not too far away from the cruise industry having some serious revenue issues.

26 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

no it does not change the booking date.

Oh well.  That would have been a nice bonus, but we will be cruising a lot in the future.  We will just have to take a few more to pay for the stock purchase in OBC.  I will submit for all our upcoming cruises anyway, maybe one of the older ones qualified under the old rules.

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Oh well.  That would have been a nice bonus, but we will be cruising a lot in the future.  We will just have to take a few more to pay for the stock purchase in OBC.  I will submit for all our upcoming cruises anyway, maybe one of the older ones qualified under the old rules.

Under the old rules almost all insides and OV's qualify. 

23 minutes ago, fred30 said:

If Bermuda and Canada stop accepting cruise ships there are a lot of short cruises from the Northeast that will be forced to cancel.  We are not too far away from the cruise industry having some serious revenue issues.

Unless they can convince the powers that be to suspend the foreign port requirement and allow "cruises to nowhere"

3 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Unless they can convince the powers that be to suspend the foreign port requirement and allow "cruises to nowhere"

I would be very happy with a cruise to nowhere and probably a lot would,  but I think the majority or Royal's target market would not.

26 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

That would be highly unlikely since they are now trying to get people not to cruise.

Just saw this...

WASHINGTON - White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Friday the administration may propose "timely and targeted" federal interventions to help workers, firms and industries hurt by the coronavirus, as fears mount over the growing economic impact of the spreading outbreak in the U.S. White House officials are considering deferring taxes for industries hurt by the coronavirus outbreak, including the cruise, travel and airline industries, among other things, two people briefed on the discussions said. The talks remain fluid and preliminary.

His comments were the most definitive a White House official had made so far about offering government assistance to companies that had been adversely impacted. For several weeks, White House officials had mostly minimized the economic impact of the outbreak and said it would be short-lived.

Speaking on CNBC and Fox Business, Kudlow rejected suggestions of a larger stimulus package in part because he claimed that the virus is largely "contained" and the U.S. economy remains strong.

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate

27 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I would be very happy with a cruise to nowhere and probably a lot would,  but I think the majority or Royal's target market would not.

Right now Royal's target market is anyone that they can get onboard.  There will probably be some very good short notice deals.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Right now Royal's target market is anyone that they can get onboard.  There will probably be some very good short notice deals.

Definitely and this may continue through the summer.  The summer season is just around the corner which is a huge time for families to cruise.  With the current uncertainty I just don't see many people taking chances with their children.  I think many will cancel out while they still can get their money back.

24 minutes ago, fred30 said:

Definitely and this may continue through the summer.  The summer season is just around the corner which is a huge time for families to cruise.  With the current uncertainty I just don't see many people taking chances with their children.  I think many will cancel out while they still can get their money back.

As a father of two young kids, 4 and 9, and 38 years old myself and friends with many other couples our age, from my small sampling we are the least likely population to cancel.  I have known several couples, one who just got back from the navigator this Monday and one going on carnival this upcoming week and they aren’t remotely phased.  One is still on track to go to Paris at the end of the month unless their flight gets cancelled.  The main mantra from most people I know is that we are the least likely to get ill.  Kids just don’t seem to get terribly sick from this, and being under 40 our odds while higher than our kids is still much lower than the 60+ population.  We board the liberty Apr 5, after being forced to cancel our two week vacation to shanghai, Beijing, HK, and Tokyo.  

Again, a small sampling but among the young couples I know they aren’t planning on changing any travel plans unless forced by an airline or company.  

Thus far there are significantly more flu deaths in kids than corona deaths in kids (which is zero). My job revolves entirely around infant and child health and I am more concerned about measles or flu in this population than Coronavirus.

Edited by rimmit

If as many people they think will cancel, because of the full refund, I don't see the stocks of any cruise lines have seen bottom yet. You probably won't see any real deals farther out as if this is still a problem come fall or winter, there will be a lot more things to worry about besides cruising.

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If as many people they think will cancel, because of the full refund, I don't see the stocks of any cruise lines have seen bottom yet. You probably won't see any real deals farther out as if this is still a problem come fall or winter, there will be a lot more things to worry about besides cruising.

It's not a refund. Ir's a credit

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

It's not a refund. Ir's a credit

I was thinking that too. With the 2nd pax discount, kids free sales, they just want as many folks onboard at whatever price spending money onboard.

I bought too early but I bought cruise stocks yesterday, but in a year I hope to be green.

My liberty cruise I booked a couple weeks ago for next month has actually gone up. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, davelinde said:

We own 100 shares each of RCL and Carnival - both offer shareholder benefits in the form of OBC.

Glad I never look at the price of either....

We have RCL stock.  tried a couple of times for benefits, always turned down.  are the particular cruises or time frames?

15 minutes ago, ccaxle said:

We have RCL stock.  tried a couple of times for benefits, always turned down.  are the particular cruises or time frames?

Most "restrictions" have been lifted for cruises booked on/after June 1, 2019.  Shareholder OBC is now combinable with C&A balcony discount, Next Cruise discounts/OBC, etc.

Edited by Another_Critic

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far 21 people on Grand Princess have tested positive. I anticipate cruise line stock prices drop Monday. Fortunately for the cruise lines, they get a two day reprieve for the weekend.

Down 50% not enough? Stocks always over shoot one way or the other. Not likely they will go down much more

1 minute ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Down 50% not enough? Stocks always over shoot one way or the other. Not likely they will go down much more

Hmmm, normally I would agree if this was a typical correction. But the media won't let up any time soon, the virus is not on the downside, and another ship or two like the Grand Princess with nowhere to go and no way to get home isn't going to be pretty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

That’s what everyone was saying in 2009, when RCI kept dropping all the way down to $5.   This isn’t just some quick one off Volkswagen or Toyota scandal.  This is a prolonged outbreak.  This has a ways to go before bottom.

31 minutes ago, rimmit said:

That’s what everyone was saying in 2009, when RCI kept dropping all the way down to $5.   This isn’t just some quick one off Volkswagen or Toyota scandal.  This is a prolonged outbreak.  This has a ways to go before bottom.

And then what happened? The stock was $47 within a year

I'm waiting until it is $30 before I consider it.  I might or might not own stock in the future.  I don't need it but at the right price, for me, I will consider it.
Same, so mad at myself for not buying when it got down to $5, but we had just purchased our house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

And then what happened? The stock was $47 within a year

That is incorrect.  It was only at around $30ish in a year if I remember correctly.  I sold half my position when it hit 30 and held the other half Until I sold it about two weeks ago.  I don’t remember when it hit 47 but if I remember right it was toward the the beginning of the following year as I was kicking myself for not holding longer but then it dropped off for a bit the moment it hit it.  I’d have to look up the stock charts to get exact timing.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 1