Falmouth and Kids

RN&Momof3

• 6 months later...

I am in the same situation. Trying to decide what to do and every time I get an idea I see a high price and tons of people. I think we are just going to explore the port, maybe get a taxi to a local pub for good jerk chicken, and then just enjoy the ship. I am trying to convince myself if it is worth $300 for us to take a 1-hour bus ride each way only to be in lines to experience something for such a short time.

The port has quite a few things, Margaritaville with pool and swim up bar. I am not one to spend money for a beach day when there will be plenty of that already paid for on the ship. 

RC has an excursion to Blue Water Beach, which is very nice and about a 20 minute drive. It may be cost prohibitive to reserve through the ship with so many people,  but you could look into getting a cab to take your group there and back independently.

There are beach only, all inclusive, food, chairs, etc. options available if you go on your own, so you could tailor it to your desired budget. 

I mention it because I remember there being lots (or nothing) to do, including a wrangler for kids who was leading them in games, etc. 

I cannot imagine going to Falmouth again (only did it because of a dirt cheap week available on Oasis, which I wanted to try), but if I ever am there again, I'll do the same excursion.  

To me, the port is just an outdoor mall with a Margaritaville.

M'villes used to be fun and nice when they started out, but they are waaaayy too big business now.  Bad food, bad drinks, outrageously expensive trinkets and apparel. 

I do recall a nice coffee shop inside the port,  and a killer Blue Mountain iced coffee, which was well appreciated on a hot day and after the weak ship's swill.