2/27/2020 Thursday Weigh In

Cruiser_1977

Miss you @Belle! No poem because well, I am no poet and I know it LOL 🙂

I am down 3.6#. Which I take as a loss of 1.6 (2# gain last week 😞 ) lol I am down 1" in the waist and hips!!

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing. Consistency is key! I have been weighing/measuring everything. I even brought a tbsp to work to measure my peanut butter. I have also cut back on ordering in and eating out! This has helped my pocket book too $$$

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 4

Good morning and thanks for getting us started Jenny! I tried to sign in earlier but CC was doing some funky stuff. 🤷‍♀️

Congrats on your loss @JennyB1977 It is easy to underestimate with measuring. My daughter always thinks it's funny that I measure things. 

I am down .8 this week. I was feeling really good yesterday and tried on my old "test" shorts to see if they fit. Nope, not even close. So then I was bummed until I realized that I was 20# less than I am now when I bought those shorts and they were an easy zip up. So I still have a long way to go. 

• Like 3

Hello,

Jenny, thanks for starting the thread. Great loss this week.

Robin, good loss for you too. Know those shorts will fit soon.

I lost 1 lb. Finally, another loss. 6 lbs. down since Dec. So I can gain it all back cruising right? 

We leave in 2 weeks so running out of losing time. Tried on my summer clothes, everything has room.....for now. Will be gone 6 weeks. Hope to keep my gain around 5 lbs. 

Have a good day.

Diana

• Like 2

Thanks for starting us Jenny 🙂 Congrats on your losses, both scale and tape!  Weighing/measuring food for portion control is critical for me.  If I try to just "eyeball" it I know I am likely to have too much.  I even have some 2TBSP coffee scoops for DH's lunches - the perfect size for salad dressing.  Homemade is almost always cheaper and healthier, keep up the good work cooking.

Robin, I had issues too with the site and was able to do a work around by going to the .au site.  Good job with your loss this week - even the little ones add up to big results.  I should probably start trying clothes on soon and see where I am.  I know I have one pair of pants that used to fit and are still too tight, but I'm not sure about cruising/summer clothes.  I think most of my current clothes are fitting looser, but they are somewhat loose fitting to begin with so I'm not sure.

Congrats to you too, Diana!  I agree that keeping to a 5# gain should be doable.  Stay active and hydrated, plus plan your splurges 🙂 

I maintained this week (which is better than a gain).  It doesn't shock me since I was sick over the weekend and wasn't very active.  DD comes home this weekend for Spring Break and hopefully we can help each other stay on track.

This weeks stats:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 204.6

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss - 16# remaining

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

I now have about 11 weeks until my cruise, so 16# is a bigger challenge but still doable.

• Like 2

Hi all. Yay on the losses and the maintain!

I was up yesterday 1.1# for the official weigh in, but my scale says my body fat is starting to go down (and my weight is back down today), so I'll take it! I started lifting some weights again at home, so hopefully I'll see some results there too.

I have a hectic couple of weeks ahead. Need to stay food prep focused  or we'll be picking up a lot of meals. 

Good luck this week everyone! 

• Like 2

I haven't been able to get into CC until about 15 minutes ago ... It is so sad when it isn't available.

Love the upbeat posts .... everyone seems to be doing well with either pounds, maintaining, lower body fat or inches ... All such good things to lift one's spirits!

I am down 0.6# this week (which is what I was up the last week) .... I've been going through the cruise closet and looking at clothes ... I think I have everything picked out ... If they get lose I can go to the local dressmaker and have them taken in .... She has taken things in (and out) for many years .... She also likes to go on cruises!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 4

Better late than never . . . right?  At least I'm still posting in February (thanks, Leap Year!).  I truly appreciate being a part of this accepting, supportive group.  Your comments have really helped me deal with some stumbling blocks and impediments in my weight loss / lifestyle change journey.  I, too, have experienced weight upswings and downturns this week, and have managed to stick to my plan (almost) throughout.  I'm down 1.7 lbs for the week -- but my weight chart in Noom looks a lot like the Rocky Mountains -- all peaks and valleys.  Overall, the trend is downward, though.  I learned a new recipe last week for Oatmeal Banana cookies which are made from . . . oatmeal and bananas! 

Here's the recipe, in case anyone wants to try them (approximate calorie and nutrition values are 1 cookie ~= 50 calories, 11 g carb, 2 g protein, 1 g fat, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar): Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; thoroughly mash (until almost liquid) 1 large RIPE banana (I used two small ones); add/mix in 1 cup Quick Oats (like Quaker, but they should be Quick, not Old Fashioned oats).  I then added a shake of cinnamon, and a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, but you don't have to; it added a few calories/fat, I'm sure, but was worth it :-)) .  Make round balls out of the cookie batter (I made about 9). Place onto baking sheet (I used parchment paper to prevent sticking), spacing about 2 inches apart. Gently press down on each ball so that it flattens into a round disc. Cookies will not spread much during baking, so keep that in mind when shaping and flattening your discs.  I baked mine for 15 minutes, then turned them over and baked for 10 minutes more, as I wanted a firmer texture.  They were good warm -- and cold!  Put them in the refrigerator to store.

I found this recipe at https://kirbiecravings.com/2-ingredient-banana-oatmeal-cookies/.

Diana (too!)

• Like 3

Congratulations, Diana!   I think I've seen a similar recipe on MFP before, glad you liked them.

I saw a clothing tip on YouTube recently that might help some of us:  a way to estimate if pants will fit is to wrap the waist band around your neck (making the pants like a cape) and if the ends easily reach each other they should fit.  I tried it with both my current pants that fit ok and a pair that are a little tight and the trick really worked.  The waist on the too tight pants came around, but felt snugger than the other two.  I'm hoping that trick saves time and frustration when clothes shopping with DD this week.

• Like 2

Diana (too) ... this group of people have been life savers ... I've been coming to this group since 2003 ... many people have left/come back/left and then others have joined.  I so enjoy this group ... as you say, everyone is very supportive and I have never had anyone be snarky or have made me feel bad for not reaching my goals ... I keep coming back because I know that everyone understands how difficult it is to be healthy ... and how easy it is to be derailed .... Its a good group!  Jan

• Like 4

Hello Everyone!  Coming to a close om my cruises. Only 6 days to go not counting the

rest of the day.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good and giving good tips.

Yes Jan this is a good group trying to lose weight and no one judges on how fast you lose or gain or

just maintain.  We all  know how hard it is plus some times life gets in the way. The main thing is we 

DON'T GIVE UP.  Even if we didn't lose  we're not gaining  (a lot) by coming in here. 

You all take care

• Like 4

11 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Congratulations, Diana!   I think I've seen a similar recipe on MFP before, glad you liked them.

I saw a clothing tip on YouTube recently that might help some of us:  a way to estimate if pants will fit is to wrap the waist band around your neck (making the pants like a cape) and if the ends easily reach each other they should fit.  I tried it with both my current pants that fit ok and a pair that are a little tight and the trick really worked.  The waist on the too tight pants came around, but felt snugger than the other two.  I'm hoping that trick saves time and frustration when clothes shopping with DD this week.

My kids would love to see me try this! 😄

• Like 2

Hey everyone! Thanks for starting the new week. I lost a pound last week so I've lost the 2 lbs. I had gained. Back to my pre-holidays weight, but still have about 5 to go. Our cruise date is down to double digits so I really need to get focused! Did well this weekend avoiding the Rice Krispy treats and brownies. My goal is to limit myself to 1 dessert per week because sweets are my real weakness! Found a workout series on Amazon Prime that I'm enjoying called GymRa. Much easier to work out at home than try to make it to the gym! I think I'll try those cookies. I can count that as a healthy afternoon snack and it won't be a fattening dessert! Great job everyone. 

• Like 2

Hello,

Checking in...….hope everyone is having a good week. Hubby and I have been busy getting ready for our trip....hubby has dr. appts., etc. We've been eating out a lot. 

This weekend we will have company. Friends coming for dinner Saturday night then spending the night. Bought hummus and will have carrot sticks for munching before dinner.

Tonight I was hungry before dinner so ate cucumber slices with a little salsa. 

Nice that Belle posted. She'll be back soon, cruise time goes too fast!

Always good to read how everyone is doing. Great support.

Diana

• Like 2

It's been a crazy but good week here.  Our daughter is home from college on spring break, while I've barely seen my son since it is show week for the school musical and he is part of stage crew.  We've been super busy so not much snacking, but today DD and I ate out for lunch so we'll see how tomorrow goes.  I kept it pretty light - cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato, only ate half the bun; side salad with minimal dressing; and a small fruit cup.  Tonight will be leftovers for DH and DD, I think I'm having chicken broth (sore throat, sinus drainage 😞 ).

15 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

It's been a crazy but good week here.  Our daughter is home from college on spring break, while I've barely seen my son since it is show week for the school musical and he is part of stage crew.  We've been super busy so not much snacking, but today DD and I ate out for lunch so we'll see how tomorrow goes.  I kept it pretty light - cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato, only ate half the bun; side salad with minimal dressing; and a small fruit cup.  Tonight will be leftovers for DH and DD, I think I'm having chicken broth (sore throat, sinus drainage 😞 ).

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you make a quick recovery!

• Thanks 1