Carnival Stock Price Dropping

Daniel A

3 hours ago, SedNabokos said:

And in the meantime will hopefully get some of those sweet tax-free OBC "dividends"

Hope that you will get a chance to enjoy the OBC. Cruise industry could shut down if you believe the alarmist projections by Angela Merkel.

As I said on another thread, CCL is worth $30 if the cruise industry closes for 3 months. $25 if it closes for 6 months. In the event that the virus mutates and comes back next year, no price would be right.

52 minutes ago, mrmoviezombie said:

I just put in a buy on NCLH @ under $10 on the off chance we sail on Oceania or Seven Seas. 

NCLH has the highest debt/equity ratio of the big three. Not sure how long the company can hold out on a travel suspension.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iancal said:

I believe $10-$12 is a good buy range.

Prices  in cruise line stocks can evaporate extremely quick   .imo ,i would not touch any stocks with high debt on their books  & the cruise lines surely have a huge amount of that debt ;which has to be serviced 

37 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Prices  in cruise line stocks can evaporate extremely quick   .imo ,i would not touch any stocks with high debt on their books  & the cruise lines surely have a huge amount of that debt ;which has to be serviced 

I guess if you’re only buying 100 shares, though, the risk is pretty minimal.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I guess if you’re only buying 100 shares, though, the risk is pretty minimal.

I have invested into stocks a long time & during this  widely swinging stock market we   stayed away  ,no stock positions   .These are very serious times & there are no predictions that are reliable  . The value of our currency & even the value of precious metals that got hit very hard today as well is at question

Edited by mcrcruiser

Having been here before in 2008-2009, the shoe may yet drop further.  I am sorry to say for the travel industry investors.

In the financial markets, clearly, we are in uncharted territory for most of us.

I am concerned that a severe recession--if not a depression--is in our financial future.  

33 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Having been here before in 2008-2009, the shoe may yet drop further.  I am sorry to say for the travel industry investors.

In the financial markets, clearly, we are in uncharted territory for most of us.

I am concerned that a severe recession--if not a depression--is in our financial future.  

A recession for sure  .Let us pray that there is no depression 

• Like 2