VV App now in the App Store

poidog81

I downloaded the app and was able to sign in, but it's showing the wrong stateroom (Central Sea Terrace instead of Sweet Aft Suite).  I checked on the website and it still shows the correct cabin, so I'll just consider it an early glitch for now.

Doesn't seem like you can do anything with it yet.  I was able to sign in and get my account easily.  My daughter 2nd sailor in the room is having issues, as the reservation number is not the reservation id, they are asking her for.  Anyone know what this is?

22 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I downloaded the app and was able to sign in, but it's showing the wrong stateroom (Central Sea Terrace instead of Sweet Aft Suite).  I checked on the website and it still shows the correct cabin, so I'll just consider it an early glitch for now.

Same here.  It's moved me from Sea Terrace to Central Sea Terrace to Limited Sea Terrace.

Website still shows correct cabin.

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

Still can’t activate band or book anything onboard for cruise happening in three weeks ... if it happens.

Keep the faith!   I'm sailing on a transatlantic crossing in two weeks and have every intention of going.  The only way I won't is if the cruise line cancels the cruise.  

42 minutes ago, eroller said:

Keep the faith!   I'm sailing on a transatlantic crossing in two weeks and have every intention of going.  The only way I won't is if the cruise line cancels the cruise.  

On a cruise now (Navigator ot Seas 4 night) and the ship is packed to the gills with families AND college students on spring break. Minimal extra precautions noticed and the password don't seem particularly concerned about coronavirus.

1 hour ago, eroller said:

Thanks. I appreciate your upbeat posts.

As you might have noticed, I was really excited about this launch. I’m not a person who is worried about the virus myself (wrong gender, demographic, and lack of preexisting). I don’t have older parents around to worry about. In fact, I wouldn’t mind getting the damn thing and getting it over with. I wouldn’t even mind quarantine. But I do worry that the cruise ports and/or domestic flights may be locked down by then. 

I guess we’ll see after our supreme leader speaks with the cruise execs this weekend ...

(And obviously the mass suffering and financial ruin around the world makes the whole party vibe of VV seem a bit frivolous.)

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

On a cruise now (Navigator ot Seas 4 night) and the ship is packed to the gills with families AND college students on spring break. Minimal extra precautions noticed and the password don't seem particularly concerned about coronavirus.

I love Navigator!  I sailed on her right after her major "Royal Amplified" transformation.  The pool area is fantastic and I loved the tiki bar.  

I'm a flight attendant for a major airline, and so far its been business as usual in the air.  Completely full flights and crowded airports.  That could all change quickly but for now everyone is still traveling like nothing is going on.  I have seen more face masks, but I think most people now realize they don't stop the spread of the virus.  The most important thing is not to touch your face and wash your hands often.  

2 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

Thanks. I appreciate your upbeat posts.

As you might have noticed, I was really excited about this launch. I’m not a person who is worried about the virus myself (wrong gender, demographic, and lack of preexisting). I don’t have older parents around to worry about. In fact, I wouldn’t mind getting the damn thing and getting it over with. I wouldn’t even mind quarantine. But I do worry that the cruise ports and/or domestic flights may be locked down by then. 

I guess we’ll see after our supreme leader speaks with the cruise execs this weekend ...

(And obviously the mass suffering and financial ruin around the world makes the whole party vibe of VV seem a bit frivolous.)

Well I hope your cruise goes as planned and you can report back on the entire VV experience!   You have every right to be excited and I hope that continues.  It might be just what you need ... a very fun getaway and some distance between you and all the doom and gloom about this virus.  It will not be the end of the world for the vast majority of us, and life will go on.  

Like you I'm not worried about dying (I'm fairly young, healthy, and in decent shape) but I don't want to get sick either.  I have a few concerns about my upcoming cruise like you do.  It's on Cunard (which I love) but that means lots of more senior people that are much more at risk.  Also the ship has been traveling around the world so lots of exposure and this is the last leg of its world cruise, from Florida back to England.  Hopefully everyone already onboard is healthy and stays that way, and I have no issues getting back from London.  You just don't know where the next hot spot might be.    

• Like 1

This is the response I got from sailor services on Twitter, asking when would I be able to book ship activities in the app.
Someone is training them really well on how to type BS responses.
In human words the app still doesn’t work and they can’t fix it

52d1706387d68014c9bb1aa24ecb44ad.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, AlyssaJames said:

Still can’t activate band or book anything onboard for cruise happening in three weeks ... if it happens.

I'm sailing May 17, and I just checked this section of the app. My name and mailing address are listed...

8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm sailing May 17, and I just checked this section of the app. My name and mailing address are listed...

it’s just my name there, no address.

but my sailing is “soon”, if not canceled. Maybe not time to mail them.

So, no, you can't use the app to book ship activities, even though that is what it was designed for...........

From Sailor Services:

servlet.ImageServer?id=0156A000001RnYt&oid=00D6A000000fqMa

Ahoy there Gary,

Thanks so much for the message in a bottle, it sounds like you're as excited for our events and happenings as we are. On our Sailor App, you'll only be able to book Shore Things, until we have the on-board events there as well, you'll be able to book on Deck 7 of our Scarlet Lady when you arrive. Please feel free to reach out to us whenever, our Crew is always here to help.

Cheers,
Sailor Services Crew 

servlet.ImageServer?oid=00D6A000000fqMa&esid=0183s000005ou2X

ref:_00D6AfqMa._5003sKtBQW:ref