No visitors on Regent ships for the foreseeable future

DaveFr

Today my TA sent me the following communication from Regent:

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:24 AM
Subject: ***Visitor Request Cancellation Notice***

Dear Travel Partner and Valued Guests,

Recently we sent a Visitor Request approval for your upcoming cruise. In an abundance of caution due to the current situation with Coronavirus, the decision has been made to stop all scheduled and pending ship visits for the foreseeable future.  

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of canceling this ship visit.  Please note, the visitor confirmation letter you previously received is no longer valid and will not be honored at the pier.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we manage through this evolving situation.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises,

Special Services

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

1401 NW 136th Avenue, Suite 101 | Sunrise, FL 33323

www.RSSC.com

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

The countries themselves limit the cruisers to make stops in their ports. There are also restrictions by the agencies themselves. Noone wants to have lawsuits against them. They should always inform you about limitations you will have during your travel. I remember once we didnt stop by at some island due to fires or smth. Just be aware of such incidents  

Same notice we received Dave as we too were scheduled and already had our confirmation to visit the Splendor on March 14th in San Diego. Obviously, we were very disappointed. We were originally booked on this sailing but took a generous "bump" offer from Regent to change to a different sailing. 

I'm still unclear why humans visiting the ship for 4 hours are more at risk than humans boarding the ship for 2+ weeks?  I would have had no problem showing our passports to see where we've been the past few months or taking our temperatures etc. for precaution.

I just hope for everyone booked for the sailing (as we once were) that there's not a last minute cancellation of the entire cruise. 

7 minutes ago, petlover said:

Same notice we received Dave as we too were scheduled and already had our confirmation to visit the Splendor on March 14th in San Diego. Obviously, we were very disappointed. We were originally booked on this sailing but took a generous "bump" offer from Regent to change to a different sailing. 

I'm still unclear why humans visiting the ship for 4 hours are more at risk than humans boarding the ship for 2+ weeks?  I would have had no problem showing our passports to see where we've been the past few months or taking our temperatures etc. for precaution.

I just hope for everyone booked for the sailing (as we once were) that there's not a last minute cancellation of the entire cruise. 

Hi Marci!  I remember finally meeting you when you and Tom came aboard the Mariner for a visit prior to our sailing out of Long Beach many years ago.  But I agree with you.  Makes no sense that a few hour visit puts anyone at more risk.  And if you can't visit, I assume that applies to travel agents as well.  If not, why?