Dress Code for Specialty Restaurants on Epic

patsfan2014

La cuchina and cagneys follow the same dress code as the two regular MDRS.  Shorts, jeans, casual (not sleeveless for men) tees, etc.  "Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants."

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/what-to-pack

there are no dress codes whatsoever.this is freestyle cruising. le bistro insists on collared shirts, im ususally in jeans, tennies, and assorted t shirts, long and short sleeves. besides, im not crazy about le bistro, so i avoid that, even though we get a free meal.

enjoy your vacation, and what to wear at dinner should absolutely be the very leastof your problems or concerns.. bon vboyage

On 2/29/2020 at 12:36 AM, complawyer said:

there are no dress codes whatsoever.this is freestyle cruising. le bistro insists on collared shirts, im ususally in jeans, tennies, and assorted t shirts, long and short sleeves. besides, im not crazy about le bistro, so i avoid that, even though we get a free meal.

enjoy your vacation, and what to wear at dinner should absolutely be the very leastof your problems or concerns.. bon vboyage

Do you know which specialty requires pants so I can prepare my teenage son, we are on bliss?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, dvond said:

Do you know which specialty requires pants so I can prepare my teenage son, we are on bliss?  Thanks!

Ocean Blue and le bistros require long pants.  Btw Manhattan room on bliss does not require long pants.

16 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Ocean Blue and le bistros require long pants.  Btw Manhattan room on bliss does not require long pants.

again, im always in jeans and havent been turned down yet. i never wear shorts though

On 2/27/2020 at 8:44 PM, gizfish said:

La cuchina and cagneys follow the same dress code as the two regular MDRS.  Shorts, jeans, casual (not sleeveless for men) tees, etc.  "Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants."

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/what-to-pack

Incorrect. The Manhattan Room and Le Bistro on the Epic requires long pants. 

Edited by BirdTravels

46 minutes ago, complawyer said:

again, im always in jeans and havent been turned down yet. i never wear shorts though

Jeans are fine as "long pants" in smart casual restaurants. 

All Decked-out: Smart Casual

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

On 2/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, patsfan2014 said:

My wife and I are going on the Epic and April. We are wondering what the dress code is for the 2 specialty restaurants we are going to. We are going to Cagney's Steakhouse and La Cucina Italian Restaurant. Thanks for any info! 

If you are on the April 4th sailing, come on over to our roll call and sign up for the meet & greet.