⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's just their A320 and not the version I flew yesterday.  Euro Traveler (coach) started at row 8.

We are row 3 to London. I saw a 2/2 cofiguration last night. A320

Flight to Miami is a 777 and we are row 14.

1/2/1 configuration 

• Like 4

It's 6:15, boarding is at 7:15

At the SALA Lounge, fairly empty, lots of goodies. 

Another STAR couple is with us. I think they are headed to Indiana via Chicago

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

1/2/1 configuration 

So you have your own pods?

I love being a passenger on your reviews as so many others do. Safe travels brother.

In advance, Welcome Home! You may not recognize it. 

Edited by beerme1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

So you have your own pods?

I love being a passenger on your reviews as so many others do. Safe travels brother.

In advance, Welcome Home!

I believe we have pods on the American flight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We are row 3 to London. I saw a 2/2 cofiguration last night. A320

1/2/1 configuration 

777 to DFW row 18.  

London was a breeze to arrive yesterday.  Through security and at my gate this morning.  Couple hours to go.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So no screening to speak of?

Nothing beyond normal.   At check in this morning they are asking everyone if they have been to Europe.  For US citizens that is to validate you are landing at a gateway city as defined by the travel ban policy.   If not they’ll re-route you appropriately.  

BA originally checked my bag through and gave me boarding passes for all segments.  I wanted my bag at the hotel last night so I asked them to change it to LHR.   Otherwise I could have gone straight to my gate this morning.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Doors closed, but we are waiting on a slot. Apparently BCN air controllers are short staffed.  Anticipating 35 minute delay

Any way we have 2.5 hour layover, so we should be fine

Believe you're in and out in T3 at LHR, that's my terminal 😁. If I was working today I would come and say hi, but I'm on day off. Safe travels home

• Thanks 1

We had 3+ hours to make connection at JFK yesterday but since we ended up being 3+ hours late taking off we missed our connection.   Too much fuel was loaded and the had to remove it along with a couple of tons of cargo. Most everyone was a distressed traveler. Delta put us up for the night. 

• Like 2

Update on Allure Amp

Royal Caribbean has decided to reduce the scope of the redevelopment of the 'Allure of the Seas' at the Navantia Cádiz shipyard. The shipping company has postponed the renovation of the cabins and the intervention will be limited to the propulsion elements and the hull, according to sources from the shipyard.
The 'Allure of the Seas' plans to arrive this Sunday at Cádiz from Barcelona to start the beaching. With this reprogramming, the stay of the cruise ship in the Cádiz shipyard will be significantly reduced.” Translated from:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was on a business trip to Qatar this week and flew home yesterday 3/13 thru LHR as well.

when I traveled to Doha on Sunday/Monday - airports were ghost towns and I felt safe and it was easy to avoid people.  I was traveling business class on British Airways and Qatar Airways.   On Monday - London was quiet but there was no sign of any hand sanitizer in terminals 4 and 5 that I could find, but at least no people either.  For context - I Road the bus with only 2 others. 

Yesterday was a madhouse.  I almost wish I could have delayed my stay in Qatar another day or two!   The brits were all over the news saying it wasn’t serious yet and people were coughing without care at every turn - the business lounges were Crowded and it took effort to maintain 6 feet (impossible to maintain otherwise in Terminal 5 /5B).  There WAS hand sanitizer everywhere though!!!

i am self quarantined in my house and even from my family ...no hugs for my kids yet etc.    We will all be home until 27 March anyway, but I plan to be Fairly isolated from them for at least 5 days (median symptoms show).    I wish I had a mask actually - as then I could be closer and worry less about accidentally breathing on them.   

Safe travels to all of you - I hope you are all healthy!   I have enjoyed your review and look forward to the next one!   (Our next cruise is supposed to be 20 April on Nav but my husband thinks we should cancel). We are going to wait and see...sort of wish we were the first cruise post the closure!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Update on Allure Amp

Royal Caribbean has decided to reduce the scope of the redevelopment of the 'Allure of the Seas' at the Navantia Cádiz shipyard. The shipping company has postponed the renovation of the cabins and the intervention will be limited to the propulsion elements and the hull, according to sources from the shipyard.
The 'Allure of the Seas' plans to arrive this Sunday at Cádiz from Barcelona to start the beaching. With this reprogramming, the stay of the cruise ship in the Cádiz shipyard will be significantly reduced.” Translated from:

wow - I bet that will have a significant change on Allure bookings this year!   That TA might not be as packed! 

• Like 1