⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

6 hours ago, twangster said:

That was ridiculous.  Stood with CBP who asked me everything that was on the form.  He typed it all by hand.  20 minutes later he said “okay, good to go” and gave me this:

E9ED8AE0-3C3F-4B3D-88FC-64165AE4392C.jpeg

Ours was different

Here are some highlights

Obviously developed a few weeks ago

20200315_001940.thumb.jpg.daab2308154b56701645a8748f53ba28.jpg

Quarantine 'suggestions'

20200315_002016.thumb.jpg.7ed252184fc52a05f786482991f8a9f8.jpg

Temperature logging

Need to find a thermometer,  I know we have a 'fun' one.😉

20200315_001959.thumb.jpg.aa31c6b3199eb216130045bd25d7381d.jpg

• Like 1

So glad you are safe and sound. In the spirit of Covid-19 We ordered pizza and watched the movie "Contagion." Considering it was written and produced in 2011 it rings eerily  similar in a lot of ways to today.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

they grow on ya.  One has a cute dog, and one has great Photos and stories.  

Over on NCL there is 3-4 posters that are well beloved too.

Forget DCL, that is the slowest and least busy forum

DCLs main cruise discussion board is on another site and is quite a beehive of activity . 

mac_tlc

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Well, if it’s only a suggestion.......

M8, 🤦‍♂️. I’m sending John over to visit. 🤫

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Freedom wasn't allowed to dock in SJ due to not having test kits. Heading to Miami with passengers on board. Including PR passengers

CLR is Freedom right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

M8, 🤦‍♂️. I’m sending John

It was supposed to be a joke about suggested “dress code”. Lol. We all know John likes to wear his Tux. All in good fun. 

Glad they are home safely. 

In my opinion 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So glad you are safe and sound. In the spirit of Covid-19 We ordered pizza and watched the movie "Contagion." Considering it was written and produced in 2011 it rings eerily  similar in a lot of ways to today.

How appropriate on choosing pizza since yesterday was national Pi day   3.14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't want to say much while enroute fearing AA would cancel my ticket but I caught them price gouging.  

My one way ticket from BCN with an overnight in London cost me $2,445.  I booked after the travel ban was announced but before it was clarified that it didn't apply to US citizens.  Coach not available so I booked Premium Economy, the cheapest fare available.

While I was at BCN airport after I had checked in I was curious what options were available.  My exact flights I was about to board was now half the price. Coach still sold out, Premium Economy had been cut to $1,209.  Business class was $3,694 and First was sold out.

1132524111_AAMar13flightbcntoden.thumb.jpeg.4c632a4fa9097421ae0a984c66150fbf.jpeg

Thirty four hours with an overnight stop in London at my own expense.  Better routing with one less hop was available for $2,915.  As I booked it flights were selling out.  I am not the only gouging victim.

Got give AA credit for knowing how to capitalize on a situation.  

While I am glad to be home I won't be flying AA for a very long time.  They may have maximized revenue in the short term but lost me as a customer in the long term.  I was once Platinum with them when I flew a lot for business.  

Some blame lies at the feet of the administration for not articulating the travel ban properly when it was initially announced.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

John and LaLa

Welcome home!!!!!

Yup you guys had quite an experience and I am sure you have more stories to share.

I do not want to hijack your thread but.......................

Were you not involved in one of those summer hurricane  cruises that affected your travel plans?

Also...............Your travels this time were not the usual experience.

So, when and if we cruise on August 16th. out of PC,   Can you just wave from your balcony😁.............although we would like to meet you personally from following your adventures over the years.......just saying.

Glad your home.

Stay healthy 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Why aren't you like many on here who ask for the CEO's e-mail address to complain?

There are other agencies to complain to.  Domestically the DOT may be involved, uncertain for a flight starting in Spain.  Need to explore the proper governments to involve, who may have more pressing issues at the moment.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

While I am glad to be home I won't be flying AA for a very long time.

Back in the 80's AA was one of the best. Coast-to-coast service was exceptional. They finally lost me when they moved all customer service desks at DFW outside of security years ago and left me stranded with a canceled connection and no one to talk to. Now I only fly them in and out of Miami out of convenience. Glad you made it home and hope the cruise was great.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

I didn't want to say much while enroute fearing AA would cancel my ticket but I caught them price gouging.  

I wonder if it was a conscious choice or if their normal pricing algorithms kicked in and auto raised prices due to demand.  Seems like a big jump though.  My daughter is in the air right now on an AA plane, although BA ticket, from LHR to ORD.  Her cost for economy was $650.  She booked on Friday.

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wonder if it was a conscious choice or if their normal pricing algorithms kicked in and auto raised prices due to demand.  Seems like a big jump though.  My daughter is in the air right now on an AA plane, although BA ticket, from LHR to ORD.  Her cost for economy was $650.  She booked on Friday.

Algorithm's are easily programmed with safety limits.  That's the beauty of programming, it can handle complexities.  If $price is 400% of $normal within 3 hours then something is wrong.  Keep in mind $1,209 is the capped but inflated price.  If you want to compare to normal averages I am probably 250% to 300%.  

While some may see them pointing the finger at their computer systems, I see their computer systems pointing the finger right back at them. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are other agencies to complain to.  Domestically the DOT may be involved, uncertain for a flight starting in Spain.  Need to explore the proper governments to involve, who may have more pressing issues at the moment.  

Would it not have been cheaper booking a return flight then dump the return.

I've done this before. I've also done it with 2 Transatlantics.